Time to give Steven Watt a game?

Guest TinCanFan

Would you give Steven Watt a game?  

64 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Guest TinCanFan

With McGuire looking sub-standard and Grant Munro not playing that great either, do you think that it is time to give on loan defender Steven Watt a game?  I think, that it is definately time he got a shot in the first team.  He's about 6"3 so could provide a threat in the air and when he played against Arbroath I thought that he had a very good game indeed.  So is it time to give him a game? 

I don't see any reason as to why he's not been given a shot already.  But since it's Brewster that's in charge and he's been given the vote of confidence from Savage I can't see it happening.

In fairness to Watt, the Arbroath game was just part of his rehabilitation into the game after long spells out through injury.  I too thought he was poor, but gave him the benefit of the doubt.  Since then, I have seen him four or five times with the reserves and he has looked better class than the players around him, maybe Hart being the other one to catch the eye.  He can't now be any worse than McGuire or Hastings or McBain..............the list is endless.  Maybe a game in the first team would do no harm, we are not exactly oozing confidence just now, so another defeat would be no surprise anyway.

But wait - is this yet another mistake - he is on loan to the end of the season - shurely we should have played him by now if he was going to have any influence on the season as a whole - or we have any intention of bidding to keep him - why play him now if his destination is clearly that of a return to Swansea.  :029:

By now, he should either have played or been sent back.  As most of us will never have seen him, I don't see how we can say 'can't be worse than x' . He might well be.  But we should know that by now and the loan canceled.

What part of I have seen him four or five times with the reserves don't you understand chief?

I agree that it would be a waste of time now that he is not going to stay, but others are still getting a game.

Watt has played for 4 clubs, amassing a grand total of 8 competitive games.

You'd have to imagine that if we was at all looking the part in training and the reserves, he'd get the nod ahead of the rather ropey McGuire.

Ironically Watt seems to be here just as injury cover.