FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Society....whats the answer?

SMEE

There is a few decent Polish people in inverness...but they do commit a lot of crime and there is a lot here that are illegal and are living like 9 10 to a house.

They get really aggresive after a drink and have had no respect for police over in poland..but in saying that most people in inverness have no respect for police!

I can certainly back up your comment about 9 or 10 of them living in one house.  I live in a block of flats and some Poles have been living in the flat diagonally up from me.  The landlord insisted that there were only 3 females living in the house, yet we constantly saw different faces coming and going.  I think the most we counted was 8, living in a 3 bed flat.  My neighbour directly above me had to chase one of them out of her living room at 3am as they got drunk and broke in.  He then tried to get in to each of the 4 other flats in our block on his way down the stairs.  They (thankfully) moved out last week.  For only having "3 females" living in the flat, I couldn't understand why 4 double beds were moved out of the flat. 

However, I do not agree in tarring all of them with the same brush. The last place I worked had loads of Poles.  Many of which I got on really well with.  After telling them about the above incident, they were horrified by the behaviour and were apologising profusely even though they didn't know these people.  I think it's the same where ever you go.  There are always a few who let the whole side down.  :007:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting back to the original question and leaving the poor Poles alone - The Answer is

PRIDE!!

Or lack of it.

Be proud of the family name and don't tarnish it!        This was a huge motivating factor in the past. The threat of a police car coming to the family door was a huge deterrant.

Be proud of your area,school, town etc - of course we were.

Being proud to be Scottish - of course it works - look at the Tartan Army and how they have changed and tell me you are not proud to be one of them.

The pride I am discussing is the one that makes you cringe, when abroad, at some daft person with a Scottish accent behaving incorrectly.

I am sure that this is also the case for any other nationality just in case someone comes on and calls me racist.

There will always be a problem as the 20% who do not know better, cannot change and that is the reason we have the LAW.

As long as the other 80% are 'proud' of who they are, etc, the other 20% don't matter!