FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Niculaes future to be decided today.....

Libero

Being someone who always likes to think positive it could also be that the board, in consideration of the cost to keep the guy, want to discuss what he would like to do. I'm sure when he was signed first there would have been some agreement on, if or, when he would move on and it may be, because he did indicate that he.d prefer to play in Romania or Italy, that offers have come from elsewhere but the board need to consider Niculae's preferences before making a decision.

It may also be that the guy fancies staying for another season and the board want him to stay but would like to sort a contract extension so they are protecting their investment.

Ever the optimist me.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had considered that one... It would be normal to have that kind of clause written into a contract where a ' big player' would be released if a ' big ' club came calling, we have to wait and see, personally i hope he stays, but i cant see it.

its also just as likely that he may be unsettled by the comments from prominent people associated with the club about how difficult it will be to keep him because of things like wages !!!

lets hope that both he and the club can tell each other the truth about future intentions and come to an amicable agreement about where we go from here. I would love to see him in an ICT shirt for at least another year but both parties have to want the relationship to continue and be honest about it !

I BUILT A LARGE NEW HOUSE HERE IN CANADA ON A BUSY CORNER BECAUSE THE LOT WAS CHEAPER THAN ALL THE OTHERS AND I COULD NOT AFFORD ANOTHER $10,000. THEN I HEARD THAT THE ROADWAY ADJACENT TO OUR LOT WAS GOING TO BE EXPANDED IN WIDTH DUE TO THE ONSET OF A NEW BRIDGE BEING BUILT IN THE AREA and I became nervous.

We loved our new place but finally we decided to move on--the new home and location was very nice and offered advantages other than the large size of home to which we had become acustomed. The first house stood on the market for four months without an offer--depite very nice comments from all and sundry about it--the majority cited the location near a busy corner as the reason why they did not want to buy it.Then we got 3 low offers on one day and accepted one with alacrity despite the fact that we felt the house was worth another $30,000.

To summarise, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and we decided that greed was not an option. We still made a very handsome profit and this allowed us to invest in another upscale townhouse in a peaceful location which itself has now increased by $100,000 in value over the past 2 1/2 years.!

Marius is currently  worth a lot of money but have any offers actually been received for him that were close to his value in the market? His value to ICT is precisely only what they can actually get for him, no more. And he appears to be , in real terms, the most valuable asset they have ever had. A golden opportunity to obtain much needed cash to invest in two new players.To shine he needs experienced and quality players around him not Division 1 players without a proven track record in the SPL.

This business is now all about money and the business-people who provide it to keep even a modicum of  quality in the team to allow it to remain in the SPL. And good businesspeople face facts--they have a declining asset with current upside but future prospects are unclear.And what if he gets injured--do they have insurance to cover this contingency?

A bird in the hand is worth two hands in the bush  :004:.....so, I say sell him on, thank him and spend part of the money on two strong grafters --one in defence and one in the forward line with proven ability . I also think that the people who provide the money for ICT will think the same way and in due course ----slow but steady----ICT will do better and better and attain a higher level than that which they have currently attained with limited resources. And I feel that  the controversial salary issue will then not be of such proportions after a sale possibly leading to a more settled team with more spirit  perhaps?

Final thought--have the crowds steadily increased at Tulloch just because Marius  was in the team? I don't think so --it seems that the only time the stadium was full was at the visit of either Celtic or Aberdeen.

Just my opinion folks--hope Brew has plan A, Plan B and Plan C on the drawing board though otherwise it may be all for nought.

:011:

Guest neksor

Are there any actual offers for him or is ICT trying to offload him?

It would be sad to lose him but he is a valuable asset worth several of our standard players.

If he is to be sold it must not be for some paltry sum.

neksor

The important point being missed here is you can't have a good hi fi unless you have the right quality cables and connectors

not to mention the power supply, if you dont have that in place your screwed!

Are there any actual offers for him or is ICT trying to offload him?

According to North Today, there have been TWO offers which have been turned down. And in todays Courier, they are alleging there is intrest from "top clubs" form europe and UK :017:

I used to think that a club showing interest meant they had put an offer on the table but over the years I have come to learn that this is far from the case, especially where the press are involved, and quite often they will create their own "interest" story by asking a question during press conferences and interviews.

In the case of Marius it would seem that the club have had two offers which have been rejected, a number of enquires as to his availability and a healthy dose of press generated "interest" stories.

I don't actually think the club know whether they want to sell him or not, either that or opinion is split and we have some people trying to talk the player up and inviting offers to try and get a figure which will sway opinion in favour of selling.  Just how available he is seems to depend very much on which "source" from within the club information is coming from.

One thing I am certain of, and that's the club are playing a very stupid/dangerous game by trying to play everyone off against each other.  They might get lucky and it all works out, but if there's going to be a loser then it can only be ICT.

There's already a loser .... Marius !!! He doesnt know whether he is coming or going and the constant speculation can be doing nothing for his pre-season preparations. Lets just hope that things behind the scenes are a little more clear cut than the press speculation suggests.

There's already a loser .... Marius !!! He doesnt know whether he is coming or going and the constant speculation can be doing nothing for his pre-season preparations. Lets just hope that things behind the scenes are a little more clear cut than the press speculation suggests.

I have reason to believe that Brewster is desperate to keep Marius and that the board and Marius support this. However they will look at any offers that come in and decisions on these will be made based on both the interests of the club and the interests of the player. I am also led to believe that contrary to what is written in the press there have been no serious or firm offers as yet. Marius was back in training yesterday and I'm quite sure he is happy to get on with the job he's being paid for.

If Brewster can not have control over the team then why are they paying him to be manager. Is he a puppet ? If so then maybe it isn't his fault. If thats the case I wonder why he stays.

Brewster is in charge of the team, but he is not in charge of contracts, that falls to the Director of Football and the Board. I am sure he can make recommendations or requests in this regard but the final decisions and much if not all of the negotiations take place upstairs as it were.

So let me see if I have got this right.

There's this Hi Fi - possibly with too many speakers all doing diffrerent things.

Now this Hi Fi has been spoilt because someone put soup in it.

Now it seems to be some debate whether the Hi Fi has been taken to a car boot sale.  In fact some say they have been 2 offers to buy the Hi Fi.

I suggest we take the Hi Fi to Dealing with Dickinson.  Maybe then they could he could help us decide whether to keep the Hi Fi or send it to Auction.

8ff1af8d-a5d3-470d-a18f-eaf9b92ca5d4.jpg

"Marius - cheap as chips"