FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Great Expectations?

buckett

Haven't really found the transfer activity particularly inspiring - however, we do have the makings of a decent team. I felt what we seemed to be lacking last season was leadership both on and off the park and I don't think we really recovered from the instability caused by losing a manager so early in the season.

I wonder if Brewster has now been able to stamp his authority and mould the team into something approaching cohesion.

Since we entered the SPL, I've been looking forward to the season where we start full of confidence, optimism and expectation, where a cup win or a European place is a realistic possibility. So far I'm still waiting, and I don't have any such optimism for the approaching season. Once again, survival will be the main aim and I think once again we'll be looking at 8th or 9th - pretty sure we'll survive another season, but no spectacular achievements.

Just wondering if anyone has any greater expectations this season?

I expect we will stay up. I also expect that, with a pre-season and a full season ahead of him, Brewster will get better results this season. Possibly even better cup runs than we've had previous seasons. And finally, I expect us to have three points after the first game of the season and that we'll build on that before we meet any of the OF.

Somewhere between 8th-11th again. I think we're alright to survive, but Brew needs to make some clever signings soon. The core group of the team is getting on a bit imo, we could be in serious trouble in two or three years time  :009:

I expect we will stay up. I also expect that, with a pre-season and a full season ahead of him, Brewster will get better results this season. Possibly even better cup runs than we've had previous seasons. And finally, I expect us to have three points after the first game of the season and that we'll build on that before we meet any of the OF.

:022:

Hamilton--depends on what they produce this season?

At the very least if they start to prop up the Division then a repeat of the Gretna "do" may assist ICT to stay up, otherwise......? I mean thiis is not a settled team of great players at this point .

But--optimism should rule. :023: