FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewsters Substitutions

ICTodd

Does anyone else have a problem with Brewsters baffling substitutions?

Now this is the second week in a row where Brewsters made the right choices of who to put on... but not who to take off!

First and foremost Imrie should have gone off for Vigurs and NOT McBain

Barrowman should have come off for Wood and NOT Rooney

And most off all! ANYONE BUT Black should have come off for Wilson! Hope Brewster heard the boo's over that decision and knew they were for him and not Black!

I don't know what the hell he sees on the pitch that the rest of us don't, but whatever it is, the choices he makes are shocking at the best of times! And he always leaves it to late to, never giving his final substitution a decent chance when he only comes on in the last 5-10 mins (if their lucky) then expects them to do wonders.

I'm angry at the performance today because it was SHOCKING but the substitutions continue to get me worked up more!

agreed, brewster's subs were awful!

rooney should of been left on and barrowman taken off.

another day of playing the long ball game with a couple of minutes of real pressure on hearts in the second half with barrowman's 1st touch letting him down.

imrie was shocking today. where is his so called passion which he claims is the reason he should be given a starting slot?!

felt sorry for black, he was our best player and looked gutted standing in the dugout when he was taken off!

also tokely should not be starting once proctor is fit again. the man hasnt got a clue. out of position so many times. could of lost us another goal if it wasnt for the fingertips of fraser!

Now this is the second week in a row where Brewsters made the right choices of who to put on... but not who to take off!

First and foremost Imrie should have gone off for Vigurs and NOT McBain

Barrowman should have come off for Wood and NOT Rooney

And most off all! ANYONE BUT Black should have come off for Wilson! Hope Brewster heard the boo's over that decision and knew they were for him and not Black!

I don't know what the hell he sees on the pitch that the rest of us don't, but whatever it is, the choices he makes are shocking at the best of times! And he always leaves it to late to, never giving his final substitution a decent chance when he only comes on in the last 5-10 mins (if their lucky) then expects them to do wonders.

I'm angry at the performance today because it was SHOCKING but the substitutions continue to get me worked up more!

I agree with most of the above, sitting in the car, and to say I am devestated is putting it mildly,McBain should have stayed on and Barrowman was having a holocost but Rooney was doing okay, gaining in confidence, and Black was the best player on the pitch and I dont mean just for ICT I mean the pitch, and did Brew hear the boo's No I dont think he did, and even if he did, what does he care, and leaving it too late, well isnt that the story of ICT lives, I could go on and on and on and on but what is the point, unless Brew is trying to tell us something.

Emm, whats a holocost got to do with a players performance on the park Gillian? does not seem like a good word to describe what a footballer plays like.

I stand corrected Calley 100, you are right wrong choice of words, but sh---, or give me strength, or geeees what the h---,is this enough and I am not being sarcastic, oh and the daughter has deleted her spell check before I am picked up for the spelling, not one of my strong points.

The substitutions were indeed surprising. I can only assume that Brew was thinking that whilst Black in the holding midfield role was clearly our best player, he wasn't really offering any attacking threat and a last throw of the dice was needed.

Barrowman and Imrie would have topped my list of players to take off though.

The substitutions were shocking today but to be honest it didnt matter whether they took off rooney or barrowman today. They were both equally poor. Considering our manager is a former striker himself you would think he might teach them some positioning as neither of them attacked the front post once and the keeper collected everytime. Barrowman was also scared to challenge for 50/50 balls. Think we could have done with a more experienced striker coming in during the summer.

Blackie was immense again today, and why the **** he got hooked is still baffling. We lost any bite in midfield after he went.

McBain....give me him anyday over Imrie. Why people rate Imrie so highly is beyond me. He's no better than an average 1st division player, and is simply not good enough at this level.

And as for Barrowman... :rotflmao: At least Rooney puts himself about and looks like he might have something. Barrowman just looks *****!!

Yep, he's making substitutions at the right times to be fair.....but it's the wrong players he's hooking all the time.

Guest WynessLegend

No, it's just you.

Perhaps you should try watching snooker, or maybe darts.

Nothing at all wrong with the subs that came on. Its the ones he took of that baffle me.

Exactly. Hooking Rooney instead of Barrowman was bad enough, but after looking forward to Barry going on, I don't think anyone could believe it was Blackie who went off.

"Does anyone else have a problem with Brewsters baffling substitutions?"

is how this thread started.

"Does anyone else have a problem with Brewsters baffling team selections and tactics?"

"Does anyone else have a problem with Brewster ?"

Answers on a postcard to Ian Black, c/o TCS, Inverness.

No, it's just you.

Perhaps you should try watching snooker, or maybe darts.

Nope it seems to be just you that doesn't think his substitutions are strange.

Yesterday was the worst I'd seen in a long time, not who he brought on but who he didn't take off. Barrowman shouldn't have started as he continues to prove that he isn't up to starting 11 quality in the SPL and the same goes for Imrie. Black coming off was just the worst thing that Brewster could do, and in that moment of madness, we just threw away every chance of a come back (who came on did a really good job and gave the team some venom but with Black still on the pitch with Vigurs, Wood and Wilson could have been made it completely different)

Yesterday was the worst I'd seen in a long time, not who he brought on but who he didn't take off. Barrowman shouldn't have started as he continues to prove that he isn't up to starting 11 quality in the SPL and the same goes for Imrie. Black coming off was just the worst thing that Brewster could do, and in that moment of madness, we just threw away every chance of a come back (who came on did a really good job and gave the team some venom but with Black still on the pitch with Vigurs, Wood and Wilson could have been made it completely different)

Edited by CaleyP

I can only assume that Brew was thinking that whilst Black in the holding midfield role was clearly our best player, he wasn't really offering any attacking threat and a last throw of the dice was needed.

Barrowman and Imrie would have topped my list of players to take off though.

Agree with that.

I've never understood the rationale behind Brewster's substitutions, or indeed a lot of his other decisions. Sometimes I suspect that he cuts off his nose to spite his face and persists with a decision because he doesn't want to admit he was wrong. It would certainly be interesting to hear him explain the reasoning behind his substitutions.

i fail to see what brewster seen yesterday that made him say we were first class. the only good player yesterday was black and he had every right to be annoyed at being subbed. i sometimes wonder why we even made him manager again after his first spell. tactically he doesn't have a clue and never did. i reckon its time we sack him and get someone more capable for the job be put in charge so we can play to the full potential.