FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

NoS cup final - ict v NAIRN COUNTY

beachcomber

Dalneighans preparing to head to Nairn during Inversnecky trades holiday

We don't allow tradesmen in Inverness so we don't actually need to have a Trades Holiday. :rotflmao:

I also find that last observation and illustration a bit ironic, coming as it does from a native of the caravan capital of the Highlands - just take a look to the East of the harbour! :thumb04:

Edited by Charles Bannerman

No tradesmen in Inverness, that's odd, because I'd heard that the use of the tradesmans entrance was particularly prevelant in the sneck, whatever could they have been referring to there then?? :rotflmao:

At least I must've got the collective noun for Dalneigh residents correct :thumb04:

The residences at the East Beach are now euphemistically marketed as 'holiday homes' and prices seem to start at about 25 grand

Tilda Swinton had her Cinema of Dreams to compliment Station Parks Field of Dreams, in fact I'd say Nairn is one big town of dreams, with a few dreamers living there too.

I love the Highland League mentality so hated by so many of ICT's supporters. It's still got the soul which Caley and Thistle sold to the HIE down at the crossroads.

Money - it's the root of all evil.

COME AWAY THE COUNTY

I had intended to take in the game but after getting up at 6:30am to get everything I needed to do out of the way bright and early my lovely family put an end to my plans by all arriving for Sunday lunch!!!

I miss going to the old football haunts of the Highland League and lower leagues and had been looking forward to this one.

With the rampant levels of dissatisfaction, unhappiness and dishillusionment expressed on this board I think more of you should come back to the HIGHLAND league fold. You'd be made welcome to join me and my old friend Willie Tiptoe at Station Park if you publicly repent your sordid pasts as HowdenEnders/Kingsmillers and ultimately Caley-Thistlers and subjected yourselves to the necessary self flagellation in the centre circle at half time by way of penance.

You'd love it - you'd feel right back at home - the clue is in the title - 'HIGHLAND' league - **** the central belt.

I know you've got soul

If you didn't you wouldn't be in here

COME AWAY THE COUNTYYYYY

wow calm down beachcomber. im a nairnnite and even for the under 19s when i use to play, les would give us a complete beastin at training if we were slightly hungover on match day. and it depresses me if i have to spend more than a weekend in the town.

but we won the cup! unlucky inverness tinks

daviehardmuir - ict fan and part time nairn county fan

(also in that picture of the forres cup final)

CB - ah 1976 - a vintage year. I didn't get the dubbing, but I've still got the high waist, side pocket trousers and tank top I wore at Borough Briggs that night.

DH - how could you get depressed after a weekend in Nairn when there's the delights of the Canteen and Star to provide all the distractions and temptations a young man about town could desire.

When is the Vic gonna re-open ? the Bermuda triangle has been broken and that just aint right :rotflmao:

The Bermuda Triangle.....not heard mention of that in years - DJ'd through in Nairn a few times in each of the 3 pubs....place would be busy then all of a sudden everyone was gone. First time it happened I was wondering WTF was going on, but low and behold an hour or so later everyone would come wandering back once the happy hour across the way had ended. Also when I worked in the Estate Agents we had a couple of tenants who you had to go chasing on a Friday afternoon before they had spent their wages and that involved braving the Triangle to track them down :rotflmao:

I always forget which is which, but I believe the Vic is in the process of changing hands. Think the guy who had it lost his licence for not having the doors manned by suitably qualified persons and got caught on more than one occasion with nobody on the side door at all (after being warned). Sure I saw something somewhere saying that new owners had applied for a licence but the decision had been delayed till October.

Ummmm.....trying to think of something football related to keep it on topic....but failing!!!!!!

It's no coincidence that the Bermuda Triangle started to disappear on the day the Hadron Collider Black Hole Generator was switched on. I've had to put a spanner in it's works before the Caley and the Star disappear too.

The Vic is the one on the corner and last I knew it was available for lease if you fancy trying your luck, you could be running the bar and DJ'ing at the same time so you'd save a packet. Imagine that, living and working in the Bermuda Triangle and never having to leave it - could life get an better ?

As for the football Nairn/ICT connection...er,....umm...ah, - County are away to Edinburgh City in the Scottish Cup on Saturday and if they get through this and the next few rounds until the footballing aristocrats from TCS join the fray, County could possible get ICT at home and you could all get the chance to visit the Bermuda Triangle and Station Park for yourselves.

How good would that be ?

Must get Johndo to check his tea leaves coz I've got a feeling in my water that this year I'm going to get my wish. The last time County had a Scottish Cup game in Edinburgh (about 1985/6 - I was there) they got through against Meadowbank and then got Dundee (when Dundee were a big team) at home, so the signs are good.

Nairn calling Johndo - you must apply the full force of your mystical and ancient powers to this one. Speak with the gods at King Brude's fort, the fairies on Tomnahurich and with the Nessach to make this happen. With the combination of the internutters, Granville, Toich and Willie Bell meeting up with Willie Tiptoe and the Nairnacs in the Bermuda Triangle something magical is certain to happen.

Then County can go and and thrash the Invernessians again at Station Park just like in ancient times.

COME AWAY THE COUNTY

Edited by beachcomber