FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

NoS cup final - ict v NAIRN COUNTY

beachcomber

Grant Street Park tomorrow (Sun) afternoon if you want to witness a dazzling display of footballing wizardry from the finest team on the inner Moray Firth en-route to their first silverware of the season.

Sadly, I am stuck offshore for it, but a good afternoons entertainment is guaranteed, particularly if combined with a nip in to the Nip Inn, the Nairnacs home from home in our neighbouring 'city'.

I think the admission prices for this game are nothing short of a disgrace.

Should be well publicised with an entry fee of around ?2.

Stop whinging Big Nose!

The high prices are to cover the cost of playing in a decent stadium, and for the protection money!

?8 for the privilege of an afternoon in the company of a crowd of Nairnacs is the best value you'll get all season - better than paying ?20+ to see the showers of foreign prima donnas and their disagreeable supporters that make up the SPL.

fans.jpg

County supporters giving it to Pele in his days at Forres

Definately no glory hunting going on here for this one, if anything my glory hunting is done at the TCS

It's games like these which reveal your true footballing allegiance and there's no question where mine lies.

Inverness can take our dole office, court and council, but it can never take our football team. :rotflmao:

2-0 Nairn. They got a couple of early goals and that was it. They probably deserved it but it really was literally "men against boys" since Caley Thistle stuck by the spirit of what they agreed and played a very young team.

On the other hand it was interesting simply looking at the two sides - you couldn't help but notice that the ICT team looked quite a lot more athletic and conditioned. To be quite honest one or two of the Nairn players looked a shade on the portly side... in fact you could be forgiven for thinking at a distance that Colin Montgomerie had offered Nairn his services since he's not got anything else to do this weekend!

tut tut Charles, sound like sour Invernessian grapes there as normal service is resumed with Nairn thrashing the combined ******* remnants of the unholy alliance of Kingsmills and Telford St.

Whats more, this would be after the County boys rolled out of the Star at 2am last night , staggered to a party in Shanghai until 4 or 5 before waking up in a drunken heap in a strange flat with one of Nairn's fine young ladies, quick taxi home to grab their gear then a couple of refreshers in the Legion before heading through to the sneck for the game. That's what it's all about.

'Athletic and conditioned' indeed

Championes etc etc....

Edited by beachcomber

Whats more, this would be after the County boys rolled out of the Star at 2am last night , staggered to a party in Shanghai until 4 or 5 before waking up in a drunken heap in a strange flat with one of Nairn's fine young ladies, quick taxi home to grab their gear then a couple of refreshers in the Legion before heading through to the sneck for the game. That's what it's all about.

Sounds like an average night for Nairnuc tinks...

tut tut Charles, sound like sour Invernessian grapes there as normal service is resumed with Nairn thrashing the combined ******* remnants of the unholy alliance of Kingsmills and Telford St.

'Athletic and conditioned' indeed

Championes etc etc....

Sorry BC but, with 30 years of athletics coaching behind me, and I'm being perfectly objective here, it just took a look at each of the two sides to see the difference in levels of conditioning.

Aaah... Shanghai.... isn't that the estate that you (well "we"... not you personally) run through towards the end of the Nairn 10K and - even though you've got more than 5 gruelling miles under your belt and it's uphill - you still manage to run that bit faster!

C100 - That would be the county lads on a quiet night with no fish suppers or narcotics for sustenance and they can still show Caleys pasta and meusli munching metrosexuals a thing or two on the pitch

CB - Being more of a cyclist than a runner I'm not sure about the 10k route, but Shanghai (aka Queesnpark) is the salubrious and desirable suburb behind Station Park at the opposite end to the railway line. Similar house styles to Dalneigh actually.

Edited by beachcomber

C100 - That would be the county lads on a quiet night with no fish suppers or narcotics for sustenance and they can still show Caleys pasta and meusli munching metrosexuals a thing or two on the pitch

Damn... there was me thinking that the large intake of performance enhancing drugs gave Nairnucs the edge over fit youngsters!

No dope testing at Station park then? unless they tested the locals that is... :rotflmao:

CB - Being more of a cyclist than a runner I'm not sure about the 10k route, but Shanghai (aka Queesnpark) is the salubrious and desirable suburb behind Station Park at the opposite end to the railway line. Similar house styles to Dalneigh actually.

That's the one.. guaranteed to speed up any runner passing through. Note so sure about any similarity with Dalneigh though.

You're probably right, most houses in Shanghai have croquet pitches and peacocks strutting the lawns, they are somewhat impoverished though, there's only one polo pitch for the whole community.

giant-toff.jpg

Artists impression of Shanghai and typically attired resident

Tinks52004_small.jpg

Dalneighans preparing to head to Nairn during Inversnecky trades holiday

Well done the wee county.

Maybe our young guns aint as good as they think they are.

County have a lot of experience in their team and I think this showed. I don't think we should mock as I any full time team, no matter their age, should be a good match for any part timers. Don't forget the wonderful Zander and Dale Gillespie played but certainly didn't make much difference (maybe because the match profile wasn't what they are used to).