FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT's Forgotten Heroes

Renegade

To be forgotten should mean nobody remembers them so how come so many names are appearing. If they've been remembered then they were never forgotten.

hero (hirō, hērō′)

noun pl. heroes -?roes

1. Myth., Legend a man of great strength and courage, favored by the gods and in part descended from them, often regarded as a half-god and worshiped after his death
  2. any person, esp. a man, admired for courage, nobility, or exploits, esp. in war
  3. any person, esp. a man, admired for qualities or achievements and regarded as an ideal or model
  4. the central male character in a novel, play, poem, etc., with whom the reader or audience is supposed to sympathize
  5. the central figure in any important event or period, honored for outstanding qualities
Not one of the above names could fit any of the criterea for hero.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you sure its not blackieforces " good friend " Jim Calder ?

JIM Calder retired in 2002. This is from 2006.

It definately aint him. Ally Ridgers only came-back from Clach after Brown left (you may remember ICT was trying to make move for some Arsenal keeper but went for him instead). Another thing is that the unknown goalie has black hair, compared to the blond Ridgers and they don't look anything like each other. A wee search earlier brought up a friendly between Wick and ICT, which had this John Calder on the bench. That's who it could well be.

Andy McNulty?

It doesn't look like him IIRC. I think this was before he signed for ICT as well.

Edited by Renegade

Forgotten hero - Darran Thomson for that goal at love street. Worst player ever in an ICT shirt otherwise.

Scott Maclean - for his 2nd and 3rd division goals. Everyone only seems to remember Stewarty.

Did Scott Mclean go to Partick? Also, you must have played at the same time as me. :lol:

I wonder which one you are then? Could you even be beside me? :blink:

Forgotten hero - Darran Thomson for that goal at love street. Worst player ever in an ICT shirt otherwise.

Scott Maclean - for his 2nd and 3rd division goals. Everyone only seems to remember Stewarty.

Did Scott Mclean go to Partick? Also, you must have played at the same time as me. :D

I wonder which one you are then? Could you even be beside me? :024:

Beside you? I only ever got to under 16/18 level 8 or 9 years ago.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Some other names I've come across -

David Buchanan

David Craig

Dougie Green

David Hind

Gregg Hood

Danny MacDonald (I'm guessing that's the same one who works for ICT now)

John McDonald

Steven McDonald

Neil McDonald

Dave McGinley

Paul McKenzie (signed from Burnley apparently)

Don MacMillan

Craig MacMillan

Norman MacMillan

Chris Miller

Colin Mitchell

Gary Nicol

Mike Sanderson

All of these seemed to only turn out a handful of times.

Paul Bradshaw was mentioned - and from what i remember he was a cracking player had the potential to be very very good but didint have the attitude off the park to become a great player. And for whatever reason he didnt want to be full time.

A shame cos i think he would have been an integral part of our team!

Any thoughts??

Bradshaw was a great player in the Highland League and probably could have done it in the SFL but was a complete nutcase. The rumour I heard was that he was asked to leave Caley after he battered a schoolboy who got into an argument with Bradshaw's wee brother. When Pele tells you you aren't professional enough, you probably want to re-examine yourself a bit (no offence Pele, legend etc). He did pretty well in the games I saw him in (friendly v Celtic, league game at Partick), a centre-half who could pass the ball well.

Wayne Addicote anyone? first game i seen him against c*unty he looked dynamite, where did he end up ?

I always thought he was a bit of a player but always seemed to be in the stands rather than in the squad.

Tony Low is another.

Tony Low has played for a few Highland League teams as well as in Australia and, in fact, played against iCT in yesterday's North Cup final.

Guy Kerr is another one. Quite a lot of times on the bench but only got on once IIRC. Last 10 minutes or so against Gretna.

Guy Kerr played for Scotland Under 17s and is now at East Fife.

David Buchanan - Don't know anything about this guy.

David Craig - Played for Elgin City, perhaps still does.

Dougie Green - Played a few games in 94/95, I think he went back to Elgin as well.

David Hind - Another Elgin City player!

Gregg Hood - I don't remember him but I'm reliably informed he ws abysmal and teh slowest player in history.

Danny MacDonald - Yes, he's in charge of Caley's youth development and would have been a far bigger player in our history were it not for a bad knee injury.

John McDonald - Vaguely remember him in teh first season, can't recall anything about him.

Steven McDonald - Went on to play for Clach.

Neil McDonald - Also went to Clach, now a copper.

Dave McGinley - Ended up at Elgin? John McGinley's brother.

Paul McKenzie - I have no idea where this guy ended up.

Don MacMillan - NOpe.

Craig MacMillan - Buckie Thistle as mentioned above.

Norman MacMillan - No idea.

Chris Miller - Looked like Paul Scholes, sadly didn't play like him. Went to East Fife, I think?

Colin Mitchell - Mitchie played loads of games and scored a few goals. Last seen at Clach.

Gary Nicol - Did we not have him on trial only for County to buy him? Ex Celtic, thankfully he was crap.

Mike Sanderson - Was Clach's captain, I think he might have retired now.

Neil MacCuish is mentioned earlier in teh thread, he is the current Clach captain. I think he's in his testimonial year at Grant Street.

It definately aint him. Ally Ridgers only came-back from Clach after Brown left (you may remember ICT was trying to make move for some Arsenal keeper but went for him instead). Another thing is that the unknown goalie has black hair, compared to the blond Ridgers and they don't look anything like each other. A wee search earlier brought up a friendly between Wick and ICT, which had this John Calder on the bench. That's who it could well be.

Andy McNulty?

It's Jonathon Smith you are thinking of Renegade.

No it isn't cause Smith is in that picture as well. Fraser and Brown are both there with Smith in nezt to them (he was third choice in 06/07). I know it's him cause a - I know what he looks like and b - he was only about 5"10 so is quite noticable for being a shorter keeper. This other guy is standing next to him and has black hair and looks about Fraser's height (about 6"4). I also seem to recollect seeing the name Calder on the bench on a few of the reserve team line ups from that season.

I know I've mentioned this in the first post and a couple of other times, and it's never really been answer. In the team photo for season 2006/2007, there are 4 goalies. One is Mark Brown, Michael Fraser is there as well, as well as the third choice keeper at the time Johnathon Smith. But there's another up there who seems to be unknown. He obviously never turned out for ICT, and seems to have disappeared into the mists of time. Does anyone know who he is? I have the name John Calder at the back of my head, but I don't know it's him for sure. Anyone know who he is?
Might have been a trialist who happened to be around the day the picture was taken - that happened before with the English keeper we never signed.

added in appearances:

David Buchanan (6)

David Craig (11)

Dougie Green (13)

David Hind (7)

Gregg Hood (3)

Danny MacDonald (I'm guessing that's the same one who works for ICT now it is - he retired from playing due to injury I believe) (11)

John McDonald (2)

Steven McDonald (12)

Neil McDonald (20)

Dave McGinley (25)

Paul McKenzie (signed from Burnley apparently) (30)

Don MacMillan (1)

Craig MacMillan (11)

Norman MacMillan (38)

Chris Miller (1)

Colin Mitchell (53)

Gary Nicol (4)

Mike Sanderson (7)

a bit more than a handful of times for some of them .... but judging by your list, I would say perhaps you didnt follow our early seasons too closely ?

Just for reference here is a list of all players to have played for ICT - 156 in total. (you will need to click it to read it as the site resize will play havoc with displaying it :D)

post-2-1252961489_thumb.png

Incidentally, David Proctor made his 100th appearance for the club this past weekend, a landmark that was missed by most of us in previews or reports ...... so here is a list of the 29 players on 100 or more appearances too.

post-2-1252961498.png

added in appearances:

David Buchanan (6)

David Craig (11)

Dougie Green (13)

David Hind (7)

Gregg Hood (3)

Danny MacDonald (I'm guessing that's the same one who works for ICT now it is - he retired from playing due to injury I believe) (11)

John McDonald (2)

Steven McDonald (12)

Neil McDonald (20)

Dave McGinley (25)

Paul McKenzie (signed from Burnley apparently) (30)

Don MacMillan (1)

Craig MacMillan (11)

Norman MacMillan (38)

Chris Miller (1)

Colin Mitchell (53)

Gary Nicol (4)

Mike Sanderson (7)

a bit more than a handful of times for some of them .... but judging by your list, I would say perhaps you didnt follow our early seasons too closely ?

No, I never saw any of the first season, so from the list I saw I just put up the names of those I hadn't heard of.

Going by that list then the ICT with the best goal ratio must be John MacDonald. Two appearances, one goal.

No mention of a John Calder like I was thinking for that keeper I was thinking of, but there is a Niall Calder. Don't know if he was any relation to Jim.