FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Problems at Parkhead

EWS

Just read this on another forum and provides for some interesting reading. It describes a problem that a Falkirk fan had on a visit to Parkhead in the away support. He took the initiative and wrote to the club, as well as some others, describing the situation, also details the response.

What I think we should all take from this, is that if we ever have a problem at Parkhead (or any other club for that matter) we should all write to the respective clubs, as well as the footballing authority, and hopefully this will kick start something.

"A disgrace.

I paid ?25 for an unrestricted viuew, and was told to "sit anywhere you like"" when I got in.

No unrestrcited view seats left, and the steward would as well ha ve been an extra frpom the laurel and hardy show.

Eventually they opened another bit uip, and let us in there, but I paid for a seat I didn't get and will be claimning my money back through the sale of goods act.

Imagine at a state of the arrt stadium there even being restricted view, let alone hte eekits not even being able to organise where you're sitting!

wallopers."

" A wee update.

On Tuesday I wrote to Peter Lawwell about this situation. I also sent a copy of the letter to George Craig, MD at Falkirk and Iain Blair, Ops Director at the SPL.

I heard back from George Craig immediately.

Today I've also had a letter back from Iain Blair, telling me to ensure any future correspondence on the matter is sent for his personal attention. He also copied Lawwell and Lex Gold in on the letter.

Progress to follow."

"Finally received a reply from Celtic, after having to write again dry.gif

Usual pish, really sorry, steward identified, counselled and reprimanded, look to improve standards, screen was broken not switched off, blah blah blah.

Offered a free ticket to the next Falkirk game at Parkhead though, which is at least something."

I think as football supporters we are treated very badly by the authorities. The amount of money we pay to get into games should lead to a greater respect. This doesn't happen at football grounds. Once inside the turnstiles we are almost always treated like little school boys (and girls) and told to sit down and shut up. If we were treated like that in, say, a large store, there would be uproar. I guess as football fans we tend to accept the treatment that is handed out to us. I agree we should all make complaints on a regular basis every time we get treated like dirt, but we don't.

Like Gringo has said, its because hardly anyone complains, so every club know that they can get away with it. The same with raising ticket prices....They know they can f*ck off the loyal fans that go to every home game because they know they'll come back week after week as they have a passion and love for their club. Its fans that go out, earn a living so they can go and watch their heros on a Saturday/Sunday Afternoon just to get screwed over by no hoper stewards and so far up their own arses board/high up club members. But it will go on until one set of fans from a club gets majorly screwed over and protest by not going to games. But I highly doubt that'll happen because we all love our chosen clubs, they take us for granted and know how to manipulate us to their advantage.