FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Falkirk -V-ICT : matchnight thread

Scotty

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't see us getting anything, really need to stop this bad run or it could turn into a bad season.

i never understand why brew never picks barrowman. he is a good manager, but i don't understand him sometimes.

final whistle, we're out!!!!!!! Never mind, we'll focus on europe now.

Sorry, but Brew still doesn't cut it as a manager. Given the striking resources he thinks he has, and knowing the striker he was, you have to question whether he cuts it as a coach either. He may have been able to read the game from the front line but he clearly can't see ***** from the dugout. Substitutions are back to last-gasp status or just incomprehensible. Utterly, utterly sick of this utter, utter bollocks. The players deserve better, let alone the fans. I fully expect Brew to be there at the start of next season, but if he is I won't be taking an eighth season ticket.

Well I think we are so close to giving someone are really good doing, it will happen soon, when all these chances we're creating will go in.

As for our Manager, it's a wonder he's not getting blamed for the world's financial crisis?

Well I think we are so close to giving someone are really good doing, it will happen soon, when all these chances we're creating will go in.

As for our Manager, it's a wonder he's not getting blamed for the world's financial crisis?

Sorry, you're absolutely right, I'm sure he's had nothing to do with coaching the strikers. So it's nothing to do with him that Dargo took ages to find a bit of form, that Wyness couldn't get in the groove again despite getting himself into the box umpteen times a game, that Niculae was frankly appalling in front of goal given his pedigree, or that Barrowman and Rooney and, recently, Wood, who should be banging them in for fun, are missing. Even taking the coaching out of it, even supposing that the player gets his own goals and that it's a confidence thing, if you stick a lad up front on his own, don't change your game plan to suit what's happening on the pitch, don't make the substitutions to match - anyone for Motherwell? - and basically make it ten times harder for your striker to score, aren't you then, as a manager, responsible for eroding the striker's confidence? People have to stop apologising for the manager and he has to stop hiding behind Lady Luck. I'm saying no more, sick to the back teeth of this. It's gone on way, way too long.

Great pity we couldnt take our chances , one of the reasons given for our downturn in the finances last year was the lack of cup runs, although we got further in the cup this year the draw gave us games against Arbroath, Morton then Falkirk hardly big financial windfalls, hopefully a good run in the Scottish Cup as with dwindling home attendances we could be looking at an even worse financial year

Shock horror, we are out of the League Cup. What a disaster, I'll not sleep tonight.

A competition that nobody bothers about....................big deal. I would rather we won the game, but lets get on with the nitty gritty.

Sorry, you're absolutely right, I'm sure he's had nothing to do with coaching the strikers. So it's nothing to do with him that Dargo took ages to find a bit of form, that Wyness couldn't get in the groove again despite getting himself into the box umpteen times a game, that Niculae was frankly appalling in front of goal given his pedigree, or that Barrowman and Rooney and, recently, Wood, who should be banging them in for fun, are missing. Even taking the coaching out of it, even supposing that the player gets his own goals and that it's a confidence thing, if you stick a lad up front on his own, don't change your game plan to suit what's happening on the pitch, don't make the substitutions to match - anyone for Motherwell? - and basically make it ten times harder for your striker to score, aren't you then, as a manager, responsible for eroding the striker's confidence? People have to stop apologising for the manager and he has to stop hiding behind Lady Luck. I'm saying no more, sick to the back teeth of this. It's gone on way, way too long.

I'm going to wade in here as well. Brewster has had wayyyy to long to prove himself, and week in week out people defend him even though its blatently obvious that he isn't a good manager! You wouldn't defend a sh**e builder if he built up your house then over the next few weeks it fell apart brick by brick! Cmon people wake up! No-one wants their team to lose, but no-one wants a diddy at the wheel driving us to those loses each week. Its time this club grew a pair and did the right thing!

I'm going to wade in here as well. Brewster has had wayyyy to long to prove himself, and week in week out people defend him even though its blatently obvious that he isn't a good manager! You wouldn't defend a sh**e builder if he built up your house then over the next few weeks it fell apart brick by brick! Cmon people wake up! No-one wants their team to lose, but no-one wants a diddy at the wheel driving us to those loses each week. Its time this club grew a pair and did the right thing!

who would you replace him with, and realistically, there didnt seem to be a load of top quality applicants when CC went

Edited by stevico1

who would you replace him with, and realistically, there didnt seem to be a load of top quality applicants when CC went

Realistically, there are better managers out there with track records far more consistent than Brewsters. And it isn't up to me HOW we could get them to the highlands, its the boards, but you seriously can't tell me you would sit by and watch Brewster steer us up sh*t creak because "there didnt seem to be a load of top quality applicants when CC went" and that might be the same IF/WHEN Brewster leaves. The board COULD get someone. They just don't want to upset their precious Brewster.

Gordon Chisolm

Derek Adams

Jim Leishman

Can anyone think of any more?

Jim Leishman are you having a laugh, and bear in mind we would have to probably pay Brew compensation and then if we went after a manager that is already in a job we would have to pay his current club compensation, I know relegation will cost us more but is there any guarantee that his replacement would be any better.

Gordon Chisolm

Derek Adams

Jim Leishman

Jim Leishman are you having a laugh, and bear in mind we would have to probably pay Brew compensation and then if we went after a manager that is already in a job we would have to pay his current club compensation, I know relegation will cost us more but is there any guarantee that his replacement would be any better.

What's the harm in TRYING a new manager?! IF someone comes in and does just the same as Brewster then what? We'll be in the same place. IF someone comes in and does a BETTER job, then where will the defence of Brewster be then?

Gordon Chisolm

Derek Adams

Jim Leishman

What's the harm in TRYING a new manager?! IF someone comes in and does just the same as Brewster then what? We'll be in the same place. IF someone comes in and does a BETTER job, then where will the defence of Brewster be then?

I am not saying that brew should stay I am just saying that the board have to look at a lot of things before just sacking him. there will be compensation issues, will they be able to attract somebody better, should they give him more time until players like Barrowman and Rooney find their feet.

OK, I will join in with naming potential candidates should it come to that. I am NOT calling for Brewster's head just yet, but I am not backing him either. One thing I would say though is that things have to improve quickly or his position will be untenable by Christmas.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/ listed a few names we might know .... Peter Grant, Neale Cooper, Billy Davies, Bobby Williamson ... and these are just 4 of the (Scottish) names listed as available (and no, I am not saying any of them should get it). Bobby is now national coach for Uganda but considering they gave him an ultimatum before his first game, who knows how lang that will last.

I'm on the side of stevico1 here.

We can all name people who could replace Brewster but none of us can say how the guy would get his paycheck. Names get mentioned. I'll bet they would all command well in excess of ?100k a year. Where do the funds come from. Get real people. We have what we've got because there's no cash in the kitty to get better. And that goes for players as well as managers.

I'm not a lover of some of what Brewster is doing but I am a realist. My only hope is that we always survive. We produce good players. And there are some starting to come through but they need time. And eventually we create some wealth from those we bring through.

The country, and the whole world, is in financial meltdown. There are no more David Sutherlands with cash to burn. Most especially in his industry. Trouble is its more down to getting people through the gates now but they are also feeling the pinch.

I'm on the side of stevico1 here.

We can all name people who could replace Brewster but none of us can say how the guy would get his paycheck. Names get mentioned. I'll bet they would all command well in excess of ?100k a year. Where do the funds come from. Get real people. We have what we've got because there's no cash in the kitty to get better. And that goes for players as well as managers.

I'm not a lover of some of what Brewster is doing but I am a realist. My only hope is that we always survive. We produce good players. And there are some starting to come through but they need time. And eventually we create some wealth from those we bring through.

The country, and the whole world, is in financial meltdown. There are no more David Sutherlands with cash to burn. Most especially in his industry. Trouble is its more down to getting people through the gates now but they are also feeling the pinch.

Couldn't of put it better myself.

Ok we aren't doing too great at the moment but dont see a real need for sacking Brewster.

Just back. Funny reading through the optimistic posts based on the first half radio commentary - I guess we did make a few chances, but by the end of the game I'd forgotten all about them. The second half was as poor a 45 as I've ever seen, I think. No midfield composure at all - without Blackie to put his foot on the ball look for passes, we just seemed to be chasing around aimlessly. Probably didn't help that Brewster still seems to be getting left and right mixed up. Subs made no difference - Barrowman did nothing. The most frustrating thing was that Falkirk were pish as well - no better than the game earlier this season. The difference was that we seem to have gone backwards rapidly since then. On tonight's evidence fears about relegation are justified.

Oh, and it was cold. Away to defrost my arse on a radiator.

Fair point Alex, but I think the phriase spend money to make money springs to mind. If we do get relegated this season then we will lose gate recipts from big matches, tv money etc. Being that the first division is a hard League to get out of as we have seen with St Johnstone, Dundee, Dunfermline and Partick, this could spell financial disaster for the club. More so than if we get a more experianced manager in. A more competant manager would ensure better chances of surivial.