FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

profit or loss?

PerfICT

Well done to ICT for a second successive profit of £28k. My concern is that this was at the end of our most successful year ever, with a cup final and compo for Butcher. With further declines in our attendances, are we really running at £500k deficit for an average season? Perhaps a bit negative, but a reality check?

Where are you getting this number from???

Well done to ICT for a second successive profit of £28k. My concern is that this was at the end of our most successful year ever, with a cup final and compo for Butcher. With further declines in our attendances, are we really running at £500k deficit for an average season? Perhaps a bit negative, but a reality check?

Where are you getting this number from???

The club acounts which have just been published plus various media reports.

On the one hand, Kingsmills' point about the amount of cash that should have come from the cup semi and final is valid.

On the other hand, CaleyD tends to have insider knowledge about this sort of thing.

We only finished one place lower in the league than the previous season, which means a much smaller difference in prize money than previous.  Our attendances were lower, but so much lower as to cost us that much money? 

CaleyD, could you elaborate on how the income from the cup semis and final was divided?  It would be interesting to know how much of it was siphoned off by the SPFL and by Hibs and Celtic.

My interest is purely selfish, as I feel I could write a good blog about the effects the lack of sponsorship etc are having on clubs...if I can prove that this is so.

With regards to sponsors for the League Cup and the SPFL I have it on good authority potential sponsors have approached Doncaster & Co with offers but have been turned down as it does not match their perceived value of the sponsorship and do not want to de-value the sponsorship.. So for two or more years there is no money coming in.

Well done Caley...a profit is a profit,   however does £28K represent a 1st team footballers wage?   In other words hard to see any additions to the squad now without someone going first, and I suspect without a run in the Scottish Cup, more than one might have to go in the summer to balance the books

Also shows that even minor improvements to the ground are not affordable

With regards to sponsors for the League Cup and the SPFL I have it on good authority potential sponsors have approached Doncaster & Co with offers but have been turned down as it does not match their perceived value of the sponsorship and do not want to de-value the sponsorship.. So for two or more years there is no money coming in.

I bet when Rangers and Hearts come up next season sponsors will crawl back.

That's a pity, you get the asking price when the economy is good, you take what you can when it isn't.

They can sell something which doesn't cost them a penny and can sell it year on year, so have decided not to sell it??

Well done Caley...a profit is a profit,   however does £28K represent a 1st team footballers wage?   In other words hard to see any additions to the squad now without someone going first, and I suspect without a run in the Scottish Cup, more than one might have to go in the summer to balance the books

Also shows that even minor improvements to the ground are not affordable

I wouldn't imagine 28K would cover a 1st team wage