FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

In with the New......

ICTFC

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't the car wash guys - along with others - responsible for some of the much needed freshening up around the stadium ..... 

https://www.facebook.com/ictfcproject 

If the club can make a little cash by renting space or getting some form of quid pro quo arrangement then surely that's a sensible arrangement. As noted the stadium is only in use for games maybe 20-25 days a year so something that generates revenue year round should be welcomed. 

On the club shop developments .... looks fantastic. long overdue and hopefully generates more sales. 

Fair enough. As long as all they are paying something to the club and have the necessary planning permissions and trading licences, then it's fair competition with other similar businesses across the city as well.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Always wondered why the club doesn't use the home car park as a park-n-ride facility during the week? Would also have the benefit of freeing up spaces at, the often illegitimately used, Raigmore Hospital car park!

Regardless of which direction you approach from, you are virtually in the town before you turn off at the roundabout.  If you were coming from over the bridge, then the return takes you back part way into town to hit the congestion in the Longman.  If you come from other directions other than the Longman then getting to the Stadium means you would simply be adding to the congestion at the roundabout or you would have to go through the town to access the stadium from the harbour direction.  In short; it's a nice thought but it wouldn't work.

But here's another fundraising idea.  Invest a little money to identify the morons who abuse the Raigmore parking.  Put them in the stocks at half time and allow the public to hurl rotten tomatoes, cabbages etc at them.  This would result in a massive increase in attendances - guaranteed.  I guess you're going to tell me that this is also a nice idea that won't work!

• Funny 2

22 hours ago, Fraz said:

Quite. I can't see what's to be gained by getting rid of them on a site that's essentially only used once a fortnight. We should be looking using the site more a wider range of money making opportunities, not less.

Quite right!

2 hours ago, ICTFC said:

Wernick have it for sale if you want it as a souvenir!!

I would love to put it in my drive with a Dundee United supporter next door, a Dundee supporter and a Ross County supporter across the road :lol: I better check with Row S if I will need planning permission :wink: 

33 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Would be better playing it on the goal line instead of Ridgers.

Who is going to move it at half time?  Oh, I've just remembered, our forwards don't score goals anyway, so it wouldn't make a lot of difference if it was in the opponents' goal mouth for half the game.:sad:

• Funny 1

22 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Always wondered why the club doesn't use the home car park as a park-n-ride facility during the week? Would also have the benefit of freeing up spaces at, the often illegitimately used, Raigmore Hospital car park!

I've often wondered that myself too...would be a decent money spinner as well. Perfect location as well. Simple to do as well...could even link it to match day attendance (e.g.park in morning, travel to City Centre, go to game & then go home- free/reduced price if you buy a ticket for the game)?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the club do a P&R a few years ago on the run up to Christmas?