FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Are you Supporting England?

Are you going to be getting behind England in the World Cup?  

212 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I want the Czech Rep to win overall and after watching T & T last night, I will be supporting them in their future group matches. And the constant fuss made by English folk who think Scots should be supporting them makes it even less likely I'm afraid.

Question: Are you Supporting England?

Answer: No - T&T (because 6 of the squad play in Scotland) & Brazil (because my company has offices there and I know a few of the guys from that office)

No and if yesterdays game is a taster of whats to come then I doubt they'll go very far. If Paraguay's finishing had been just a tad better England would have lost. Eriksons whole game plan was junior football standards and nobody played with their hearts. They just seemed to be frightened of losing rather than confident of winning.

I am loyal to the teams I have always supported and wont change my allegiance. I have a soft spot for T & T simply because I've met and chatted to one or two of their players in the past. Thats not to say I do or dont want England to do well. TBH I dont really care so long as I can watch some good football

Slightly suspicious that they haven't posted to this thread though isn't it?

It reminds me of when Robbo left and someONE voted for Duncan Shearer about two thousand times on the "Who should replace him" poll  ;D

It reminds me of when Robbo left and someONE voted for Duncan Shearer about two thousand times on the "Who should replace him" poll  ;D

Well you'll just have to ask one of the moderators to take a look at the IP address of the second vote, is it because you feel betrayed one of your fellow Scots actually considers supporting England that you think i voted twice ;) :D :)

Ross, when you've been subjected to the BBC hype and the Scottish backlash in equal doses for as long as I have (29 years!!!) you'll just leave both sides to get on with it. The media will never stop claiming that England are worldbeaters (when they're not) one second, then slating them the next, whilst the Scots will increasingly attach themselves to every other small nation that qualifies for the finals, in the knowledge that it could easily be a generation before Scotland qualify again.

I've said it before, but you've only to look at the population stats (falling birthrate, increasing obesity, increasing addiction to alcohol and other 'substances', selling off of parklands etc etc) to recognise that whilst other so-called smaller nations are getting better, Scotland are going backwards.

And whilst I'm at, England will be in the same boat by 2020 if they keep letting foreigners into the Premiership at the current rate...  >:(

Yeah - but wasn't that Duncan Shearer...??

Ross, when you've been subjected to the BBC hype and the Scottish backlash in equal doses for as long as I have (29 years!!!) yow'll just leave both sides to get on with it. The media will never stop claiming that England are worldbeaters (when they're not) one second, them slating them the next, whilst the Scots will increasingly attach themselves to every other small nation that qualifies for the finals, in the knowledge that it could easily be a generation before Scotland qualify again.

If said it before, but you've only to look at the population stats (falling birthrate, increasing obesity, increasing addiction to alcohol and other 'substances', selling off of parklands etc etc) to recognise that whilst other so-called smaller nations are getting better, Scotland are going backwards.

And whilst I'm at, England will be in the same boat by 2020 if they keep letting foreigners into the Premiership at the current rate...  >:(

So what way did you vote then :P ;)