FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What! No Andy Murray Thread?

Mee

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Order of Play is out, Andy v Verdasco is the 4th match on HiSense Arena - after 3 R4 Womens singles so I'm thinking it could start anywhere between 4.30am and 6.00am (or even later) - the Beeb haven't made up their minds yet when they think it'll be on.

Verdasco will be the trickiest opponent yet for Andy but still I don't think he'll be able to take a set off him. Their H2H is 5-0 in Andy's favour and the only leftie to ever beat Andy is Nadal. Looking good! :rotflmao:

Good scrap on just now between Djokovic & Baghdatis

2 sets to 1 for Djokovic, but Baghdatis coming onto his game.

Djokovic ran out winner at the end, but tough game, much harder than Murray has encountered so far.

Edited by themann4thejob
update

Baggy did well in the third set but lost his way again in the fourth. He should never have got his hair cut! I really don't like Djokovic, if he's losing he'll pretend to be injured and take a medical time out to try to disrupt his opponent. I think he'll struggle to defend his title, Roddick shouldn't be too much of a problem for him but then he'll most likely meet Federer in the SF and that will be that (hopefully). If Del Potro manages to beat Fed though he'll more than likely make it to the final. And I feel Andy has a date with destiny with Fed there....

This match is one of the strangest I've ever seen. Andy's had the flu apparently but he's been blowing hot and cold - it's 6-2 1-6 6-1 and 1-4 in the fourth. I've been up since midnight and seen 2 retirals and loads of weird tennis. Thank god I have to go to work soon! Get some relief from all this stress!!!

2 sets all, he lost that one 3-6. :rotflmao:

Can't believe I have to miss the end of this match now, this set has been fantastic!

Deuce 3-2

C'mon Andy!

Edited by Mee

Far too easily ruffled in this match. He definitely had the beating of Verdasco, but that is all history now.

It's all in his head, maybe he got too arrogant and dismissed the Spaniard. Live and learn son.

Oh Andy!!!! :018: :thumb04: :rotflmao: It's my fault, if I'd been there to scream at the telly then I'm sure he would've won! ;)

Still now at least that half of the draw is clear for my other favourite... If he beats Nadal :lol:

Oh well, with Andy out and the media hype dying a death, I see Federer has cruised into the final.

Now his oppnent could wll be the conqueror of Andy Marray. Verdasco is one set ahead of Nadal, but this is a tough match and could go either way. Federer Nadal final would be everyones choice, but Verdasco is still in with a shout.

At least there's a brit in one of the Aussie open finals,wee Laura Robson, one to watch for the future mebbes

Junior finalist

I think she's more Aussie than Brit...

lovely little girl all the same.... just turned 15 - what a future she's got in the game. She'll be cleaning up on the circuit just as soon as the Williams brothers retire...

Fantastic match wasn't it? I watched it live and now I'm watching it again (thank you Auntie Beeb for your wonderful interactive service :thumb04:

Verdasco just stuck with Nadal all the way till that wobbly service game at the end. Horrible way to end on a DF too, bet he's gutted :rotflmao:

After Federer's bitchy comments about everyone, I hope Rafa thrashes him in the final!