FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Club Mascot Please!

kiltarlity

Just a thought!! A new era needs a new mascot.

With Terry coming up with the "We can be Heroes" slogan, soundbite, to encourage all!

Wouldn't it be fitting to have a new mascot, can I propose a "Dolphin" called Snecky.. instead of that mingy moggie Icat.

Ahhh, hemm....

So we can swim, like dolphins can swim right back off the bottom of the SPL.

G

Edited by kiltarlity

I propose a braveheart like figure, full highland war kit, swathed in bloodstained bandages and wielding a massive claymore.

A sort of IHE like figure cutting a dash and raising the morale of the clans in the glens of the North Stand.

Is this the beginning of the Icat out campaign because as much as I love a good protest I was under the impression Icat Had been replaced already http://www.ictfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ness...,,10447,00.html

NO TO MONKEYS AND DOLPHINS Nessie is the was forward, you just got to give her time, she can get the kids singing.

Edited by birdog

Wouldn't it be fitting to have a new mascot, can I propose a "Dolphin" called Snecky.. instead of that mingy moggie Icat.

Ahhh, hemm....

So we can swim, like dolphins can swim right back off the bottom of the SPL.

Are you on drugs?

I like monkies too.

Guest Murdock

Is this the beginning of the Icat out campaign because as much as I love a good protest I was under the impression Icat Had been replaced already http://www.ictfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ness...,,10447,00.html

NO TO MONKEYS AND DOLPHINS Nessie is the was forward, you just got to give her time, she can get the kids singing.

Why can't we have Nessie and a monkey?

I am in Japan, and they freak out here when I say I am from near Loch Ness. Even kids who have never heard of Scotland know Nessie, ICaT was a ridiculous idea when Nessie should have been it all along. No new mascot needed.

EXACTLY let's get behind the mascot and the team, we all need to pull together on this, fans, players, mascots and even the local butcher.

I think we should all back Nessie, at least until the end of the season, if we get relegated we can have another look at her contributions. Besides it's far too late in the season to be looking for a new mascot.

I propose a braveheart like figure, full highland war kit, swathed in bloodstained bandages and wielding a massive claymore.

A sort of IHE like figure cutting a dash and raising the morale of the clans in the glens of the North Stand.

I would galdly take on the role - free travel and accomodation paid fer of course - but would Mike Smith allow me to brandish a claymore ?

Why can't we have Nessie and a monkey?

Now now Brother dahling, we all know why you want to have a monkey, you can put your spanking paddle away. :rotflmao:

Guest Murdock

Monkeys are not indigenous to Inverness. It would be ridiculous to be represented by something that doesnt even exist in the area.

Nessie is much more appropriate

There are plenty monkeys that are native to Inverness. I went to school with most of them.

this thread will surely have CaleyD searching his hard drives for his designs ..... funnily enough, two of those were things already mentioned in this thread.

1. A Dolphin in ICT gear. Everyone loves dolphins and its one thing Inverness or the Moray Firth is also famous for

2. An ICT warrior in full Highland Dress - Braveheart style. Another image associated with "Highlanders"

For me, the mascot isnt that important to be honest .... but living abroad now, I tend to agree that Nessie is also appropriate as I too encounter a similar (or perhaps more subdued) response to that which Kirishima gets in Japan.

Some might remember me doing a bit of research/surveying of fans a while back on the subject of what they might like to see as the club mascot, these were the final 2 designs I proposed to the club, but they ditched them and went for I-Cat!!!

post-3-1233324257.jpg post-3-1233324270.gif