FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Stripes

KingBeastie

There is a thread about our identity which made me post this, it is something I've been meaning to post for a while.

I feel that our kit is an important part of our identity and image as a club and I feel strongly that our home kit should always be a striped affair. From the 3rd division to the SPL we have had stripes, while the few exceptions to this have not been complete horrors (apart form this seasons) we have pretty much always wore stripes. The variations of red and blue and percentages do not concern me but I do feel that our home kit should always be red and blue stripes of some sort. If the likes of Kilmarnock, St. Mirren, Stoke City, Southampton, Sunderland, etc. can cope with always having a striped home kit so can we.

We are known for being red and blue but the stripes are important and instantly recognisable in Scottish Football as being ICT, lets stick with the stripes and let it become even more ingrained and more important in our identity.

If you agree please leave a comment and hopefully the powers that be will have a listen and we can see the return of the stripes not just for a season or two but for good to help forge an even stronger identity for ICT (and our supporters).

There is a thread about our identity which made me post this, it is something I've been meaning to post for a while.

I feel that our kit is an important part of our identity and image as a club and I feel strongly that our home kit should always be a striped affair. From the 3rd division to the SPL we have had stripes, while the few exceptions to this have not been complete horrors (apart form this seasons) we have pretty much always wore stripes. The variations of red and blue and percentages do not concern me but I do feel that our home kit should always be red and blue stripes of some sort. If the likes of Kilmarnock, St. Mirren, Stoke City, Southampton, Sunderland, etc. can cope with always having a striped home kit so can we.

We are known for being red and blue but the stripes are important and instantly recognisable in Scottish Football as being ICT, lets stick with the stripes and let it become even more ingrained and more important in our identity.

If you agree please leave a comment and hopefully the powers that be will have a listen and we can see the return of the stripes not just for a season or two but for good to help forge an even stronger identity for ICT (and our supporters).

Agreed 100% This seasons shirt is one of the ugliest I have ever seen.

I think we are better known for predominantly blue shirts see here rather than red and blue stripes as you say, predominantly blue is my favoured choice. Although a blue/white design would be acceptable also.

Edited by birdog

I have said it numerous times, but I agree 100% that our home strip should be based on stripes.

I have no problem if we go with predominantly blue or red in differing designs in different years, but feel the base design should always be stripes. We can use the away strip to 'experiment' with other designs.

Birdog - we also have a page with our old strips: http://caleythistleonline.com/shirts.html which we need to update. We were going to get all the strips in pictures and then do some nice 3D drawings of them but it never happened (yet)

Nice one Scotty, I want and have been searching all over for one of the '94/95 home tops, the last decent one I owned but it went missing in a flit.

Most of the guys on here will know my comments are a little tongue in cheek being the Caledonian supporter that I was (still love winding up the old Jeggies) in truth I couldn't give a feck if we played in red, blue and black hoops just as long as I can be proud of the football on the park.

EDIT- Just thought about my comments re creating an identity and creating a standardised strip design would be one step towards it, red and blue stripes it is then.

Edited by birdog

Hopefully the club appreciate the input fans have given for next years away strip and they allow us to do the same when it comes to changing the home strip. There's been a couple of threads this season where the fans seem to have shown a preference for stripes on the home top and despite everything I don't think it's fallen on deaf ears.

Guest Caleylass

Yeah totally agree, thats our tade mark, but not hoops like Celitc....... please

Defo for stripes. All of our non-striped home tops look too r***ers!

199900-home.jpg

199495-home.jpg

Neither of those bare a resemblance to any Rangers top I can remember, I do like the bottom one, best we've had :thumb04: :rotflmao:

Fair enough but the stripes at least would be instantly recognisable as a caley thistle strip.

Folk have mistaken the 03/04 top for a r***ers one when i wore mine around edinburgh.

Yeah I had that problem in Aberdeen on more than one occassion, it's amazing how many people actually thought that Inverness medical sponsored Rangers either that or the seagull shyte was affecting their eyes.

Totally agree about the stripes and the club's response to the question about stripes and club identity in Boardroom Banter Issue 2 was:

Club Response:

We have one more year to run on our current Errea deal and are currently satisfied with both our level of service and product from Errea. Various parties have input to our designs and strip colours ranging from the Board, Management teams, Players, commercial Department and kit man.

Traditionally we have changed our strips to coincide with design changes, trends etc but do agree that the Red and Blue stripes were one of our most popular designs and will give this consideration in the future. On the subject of strips we are currently looking at changing our current away strip for next season and would be delighted to receive constructive input from the fan base on their thoughts. Perhaps this can be done through the web site.

Hopefully we will be seeing a return of the blue and red stripes in one form or another with our next home strip....

yes to stripes...

Think a cup strip is a fantastic idea too, one we keep the same every year. fair enough the club might not make as much money in strip revenue - we would be the only team in scotland(uk?) who do it...it would associate us with the cup and mabe add to the hype (hence actually raising the profile of the club, higher attendance) when a cup game was on.

Id wear it to the falkirk and indeed any cup game

in truth I couldn't give a feck if we played in red, blue and black hoops just as long as I can be proud of the football on the park.

Wash yer feckin mouth out with soap - I may condescend to singing a few songs but I aint feckin wearing those colours.

And I hold my hands over my innocent son's ears when those songs are sung.