FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Robbo Returns

JohnRobertson

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at that Motherwell game as well, all superb goals and played on a midden.

I mind seeing the Caley Fans (who went as their match was postponed) walking/running in the rain after the game saying "yee dinna get rain lek iss in Inverness!!!" :rotflmao: :thumb04:

John, I would like to thank you for your frank and honest reply to my message.

Apologies if what I said seemed harsh, and I accept that you are a genuine fan.

I do enjoy listening to you on the radio, you speak very well, both in general and about ICT.

You werent my first choice for the job, no offence, and I suppose I saw your appearance on here as a method of trying to get the job.

But you know what, even if it was (which you have siad it isnt), who cares? Its a tough world/business football!

I have decided that when I have had a bad day at work...rather than take it out on this board...ill just give the dog a beating instead!

.........I am joking, all you animal lovers!

no problem no offence taken

Hi Robbo

Stirred a few memories with mentions of all these great players there...

Can you mind Neil Berry? I think he ran the players' social club at Tynecastle during the early nineties. He left Hearts for Falkirk then seemed to disappear.

Do you know where he is now and what he's doing?

hi johnboy

yes big'chuck' is alive and well i think he was doing some electrical work for a while but if memory serves me right is working the black cab taxis in edinburgh he was a strong player really fit and an unsung hero amongs the hearts team really appreciated by the players for the unseen work of breaking up play and starting attacks(duncan mcbain) and popped up with the occassional goal to great lad and vary friendly with wayne foster who is a postman in edinburgh

Hi Robbo

On a similar note, do you know where Zico is now? I bumped into him at a petrol station in Bradford when he was there with Jim Jefferies, and he was good enough to stop and chat for a few minutes.

he was last heard of being a kitchen fitter not seen him for a while but hope he will be playing for hearts legends this year

Robbo, the only time I've ever seriously doubted your judgement as a manager was your persistance in playing Darran Thompson. He was young and did his best for us, but I just didn't think he had the credentials required of a professional footballer.

What particular abilities could you see in him that I couldn't?

darren was brought in on the same deal as proctor in that donald felt both would give us young back up at an affordable(very affordable) price while david kicked on physicaly darren did not and thats the gamble you take most of his appearnces were in scottish cup when you had to include under 21 players and he did score memrable winner at love street en route to the semi v pars some you win proctor black fox some you lose thomson finnigan etc

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Nice one Yngwie. :lol::rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;)

Here's another that will give Robbo's erse one or two splinters:

That Brewster was a right duffer eh? Should we have sacked him in December?

not for me to say to be honest

robbo you can say what you want.....none of us will tell any1 :015:

Dear John,

You are almost never late for your appointments

YES NO

You like to be engaged in an active and fast-paced job

YES NO

You enjoy having a wide circle of acquaintances

YES NO

...................................................>>>

You easily perceive various ways

in which events could develop

YES NO

ok here goes

no yes no no no no yes no no yes no no yes no no no no yes no yes yes yes no no yes yes no no yes not sure no no yes yes yes yes no no yes yes yes yes no yes yes no no yes yes yes yes no yes yes yes no no no yes no yes no no no yes yes no tes yes no yes yes

there x

Dear John,

Dear John,

You are almost never late for your appointments

YES NO

You like to be engaged in an active and fast-paced job

YES NO

You enjoy having a wide circle of acquaintances

YES NO

...................................................>>>

You easily perceive various ways

in which events could develop

YES NO

ok here goes

no yes no no no no yes no no yes no no yes no no no no yes no yes yes yes no no yes yes no no yes not sure no no yes yes yes yes no no yes yes yes yes no yes yes no no yes yes yes yes no yes yes yes no no no yes no yes no no no yes yes no tes yes no yes yes

there x

Feck me - you scored two less than Brewster.

Nice one Yngwie. :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) :D

Here's the tweezers Robbo :015:

Give the fence a coat of paint while you're at it :lol:

another question robbo, who was the hardest training player you ever came across?

lots of good training players hardest working take your pick Kenny Black Neil Berry Craig Levein John Colquhoun Barry Wilson Golly Roy all very hard working Rankin Cowie Tiernan at county Webster Neilson Wallace at Hearts were fit lads too

Nice one Yngwie. :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: :015:

Here's the tweezers Robbo :D

Give the fence a coat of paint while you're at it :rotflmao:

not sitting on fence its just not my place to comment on wether a manager shoild or should not have been sacked at a certain time or not remember i have been in that position and its not nice when everyone is looking for you to be removed and your trying your hardest to win no manager has ever tried to fail they are the same as the fans if not more determined as they have the ultimate decision to pick the team

take Lionel and Proc for example lots of fans wanted them out but right now they are playing very well in RESURGENT caley side would it have been right to get rid of them pre xmas as most wanted?lionel mom on sat and i spoke afterward to him and his confidence is returning proc scores and is doing solid job in team so as said everyone has an opinion but for me to comment on any previous or current manager/coach would be wrong in my opinion i hope you can respect that

Were there any players who could have gone much further if they'd trained harder?

without a doubt there were many with great natural ability and poor training attitude and some who were average players but more that made up for that with a terrific attitude and work ethic it is all about getting the right balance as football is sometimes like a jigsaw puzzle you need all different shapes to fit togrther to get the desired end result

take saturday the biggest difference between the teams was caley s desire determination attitude and willingness to work their socks off for each other and then deny opposition any room to play then took chances when they came along managers players are like the fans they would love to play brilliant attacking football and win 2,3,4 nil but its not always possibe so first up give everything and know you could not work any harder and your not far away

one of the best players ever to wear a caley shirt was big Bobby Mann great reader of the game great passer of the ball aggressive comanding and in my view shoiuld have played at the very top level it was not through lack of effort either sometimes you can be unlucky if Bobby had been directed better in his youth his career could have been diffferent

Hi Robbo

How about mentioning to your colleagues on Radio Scotland how irritating the action replays of commentaries set to a disco beat, with all manner of accompanying sound effects can be. These usually start on Stuart & Tam's show (which is excellent) and continue throughout the afternoon usually with games involving the old firm...

Action replays are absolutely fine on TV but should not be broadcast on radio...That and all the blo0dy jingles very often have me reaching for the "off" button...

After retiring as a player, did it ever cross your mind to get your boots back on and have another go?

no i had a very good career played 801 games and had been in 1st team football for nearly 20 seasons and had been diagnosed with arthiritis in my ip at 29 years old so when i retired i knew it was time and had no regrets at all honestly i spent thelast 6 months 99/2000 playing reserve football with livi skids and it was nice way to ease myself out helping the youngsters learn the game

After retiring as a player, did it ever cross your mind to get your boots back on and have another go?

no i had a very good career played 801 games and had been in 1st team football for nearly 20 seasons and had been diagnosed with arthiritis in my ip at 29 years old so when i retired i knew it was time and had no regrets at all honestly i spent thelast 6 months 99/2000 playing reserve football with livi skids and it was nice way to ease myself out helping the youngsters learn the game

little slip there folks it was meant to read LIVI'S KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oops

Hi Robbo

How about mentioning to your colleagues on Radio Scotland how irritating the action replays of commentaries set to a disco beat, with all manner of accompanying sound effects can be. These usually start on Stuart & Tam's show (which is excellent) and continue throughout the afternoon usually with games involving the old firm...

Action replays are absolutely fine on TV but should not be broadcast on radio...That and all the blo0dy jingles very often have me reaching for the "off" button...

not got much sway on that johnboy but can pass it on to producers i think they generally do it to give a flavour to whats coming up and a bit like the open all mic s concept some people like it and some (like yourself) dont but fire an e mail in to radio scotland they do like feedback as they want to provide the best show that they can

little slip there folks it was meant to read LIVI'S KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oops

it's what's known as a freudian slip jr!!