FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stadium Announcer

CaleyMad

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest birdog

Embracing your heritage and culture is not backwards. Or would you rather we forgot all about anything connected to the Highlands and just played some american chart music.

Who mentioned American chart music? There are plenty of great, modern, Scottish bands out there.

Yes - at a football match. It is about a highland sport and has as much to do with football as most of the music played.

You have to think out of the box a ghraidh.

And a couple of Kenneth MacKellar numbers wouldn't go amiss. JOKING!!!!!

This is the reason we get looked upon as a bunch of sheep shaggin', cave dwelling, electricity fearing, backwards village idiots. Move into the 21st century guys. I can understand it coming from the ex-pats for the nostalgia inducing element but for the guys who live in the Highlands surely we are not as backwards as the movies would have the world believe, or are we?

Why is it you only ever see Pipe bands in the Highlands during the tourist season? If we, as a people were that keen on them then the Dornoch square would have the band playing 52 Saturdays per week and not just when the schools are on holiday, so that the tourists can be relieved of their hard earned cash? (I use Dornoch as an example because that is where my ears get polluted by the noise).

Mate you support a highland team, I live in Glasgow and couldn't give a feck about the stereotype... I'm proud to be from Inverness and supporting ICT.

What's the alternative?

miss_rangers.jpg

Heritage (and clinging on to it, like the almost dead gaelic language, pipes etc) and stereotype are much the same really.

As for alternatives, the flybe challenge gets a lift out of the crowd, the wee lads match at half time in the match against Hamilton was excellent and I loved the skill shown by some of those guys especially the wee black lad on the left wing in the ICT strip. How about some cheerleaders again? How about inviting the opposition mascot up for a mascots sumo in the center circle? How about anything that will give the crowd a laugh and/or keep the emotions going through half time? Just because the players get a rest there is no need to drain the buzz from the crowd at half time. And CaleyD your announcing is excellent, a good bit of craic especially with the attempted commentary during the wee lads match. Keep it up dude. Just get rid of those damned pipers, there are no too many tourists to keep amused at an SPL match.

EDIT- I am sure the bird (if you can call her that) in the pic is from Stornoway, I might even have pulled her on a drunken run ashore there.

Edited by birdog

Yes - at a football match. It is about a highland sport and has as much to do with football as most of the music played.

You have to think out of the box a ghraidh.

And a couple of Kenneth MacKellar numbers wouldn't go amiss. JOKING!!!!!

Hearach, maybe you could change the words to make it an ICT song.

Hey now boys there's something not right,

Did anyone see Willy at the dance last night,

Let's pick up Boa without a fuss,

Chuck him in with the camans at the back of the bus,

Because were running late it's way past ten,

Were driving through the straths and glens,

Come on Johnny Buller make it fast,

For the twelve noon throw up and the clash of the ash.

Well we'd better make changes now it seems,

Geek to the centre,

Weed to the wing,

My rockets old and slow and due to retire,

Stick em right on the sawdust ready to fire, And if we do all that and theirs no one spare, tell me who's gonna mark the kinlochshiel bear,

He's hard as nails, quick as a flash, he comes down from the caves for the clash of the ash.

This story started long ago,

With heroes forged and legends told,

And for every fighting highland man, it's stand brither and die for the clan,

Well when the whistle blows and the battles done these shinty boys shine like the sun,

We don't play for fame, we don't play for cash,

We just play for the glory and the clash of the ash

Thats me thinking outside the box :(

• 2 weeks later...

Thought Caley D did a great job today with getting the crowd going and the music. I entered the stadium to "Under Pressure"!

I thought his performance today was dreadful, it not only cost us the match, it cost us our rightful place in the SPL....

:huh:

Thought Caley D did a great job today with getting the crowd going and the music. I entered the stadium to "Under Pressure"!

I thought his performance today was dreadful, it not only cost us the match, it cost us our rightful place in the SPL....

:huh:

Oh well we know who to blame now then :angry: