FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stadium Announcer

CaleyMad

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don,

A good song for a voiceover when announcing OUR team is 'eye of the tiger' but not too loud in the background so that we can here hear it.

And where about do you sit when announcing? Is it in the building at the windows, or the desk where the commentators are?

Just wondered :rotflmao:

I can't hear the music/mic/crowd from where I'm doing the announcing (next to the police box which is all but sound proof), this makes it practically impossible for me to talk over the music and know that it's coming across clearly, so the safest way is to all but cut the music to talk.....not ideal, but until we can find a reliable way to keep a real-time check on levels there's not much can be done about it unfortunately.

Darren (from the club) and I have been taking notes of these wee niggles with the full intention of looking at practical solutions and ways of improving things. Some things will be quick fixes, others will require more thought and work. Hopefully by the season end we'll have a good handle on both the technical foibles and the presentation which will allow us to hit the ground running next season.

As I've said, keep the feedback coming. I'll answer the questions that I can and take on board any (constructive) comments anyone wishes to make.

CD....

Were you not tempted to scream over the tannoy - Morais you useless fecker when he lobbed the ball over the Hamilton keeper - and the bar.

:rotflmao:

Not as tempted as I was to make an announcement that I had forgotten to include the Ref in the Hamilton Team line-up .....or to tell Hamilton to get the finger out when making the double substitution :thumb04:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Is it CaleyD who does it now???

100% the day :thumb04:

WELL DONE KEEP THAT UP!!!!

I won't accept 100% as that means we can't make any improvement....and we know we can, and we will.

CaleyD you were 100% the day and hope ya keep it up. Getting better everyweek :rotflmao:

CD....

Were you not tempted to scream over the tannoy - Morais you useless fecker when he lobbed the ball over the Hamilton keeper - and the bar.

Not as tempted as I was to make an announcement that I had forgotten to include the Ref in the Hamilton Team line-up .....or to tell Hamilton to get the finger out when making the double substitution :thumb04:

:018: ;)

CD....

You could hear the annoucement of Barrowman sub over the radio... you sounded delighted :018: ;)

Have you considered playing Caledonia at some point before the start of every match?? It should be inherited as an ICT anthem for years to come IMO. It's not exactly my genre of music but it fits perfectly and works brilliantly when played at Scotland matches.

Edited by Harry Chibber

You could hear the annoucement of Barrowman sub over the radio... you sounded delighted :rotflmao: :thumb04:

It sounded like the inroduction of a pantomime badie. I calf expected some to shout - he's behind you!

Seriously though, even listening to radio you can hear an improvement in the announcing.

yeah .... why were all the other subs given <firstname><lastname> and when AB came on you just said "Barrowman" :rotflmao: .... were you chomping on another pie or something !!!!

seriously though .... you could be heard all the way to Toronto yesterday too. came through crystal clear on the internet broadcast ...

were you chomping on another pie or something !!!!

If he had access to the pies they serve up in hospitality it's a wonder he got any announcements out!

As for the ones the plebs get to buy for around ?1.60 each they're disgusting... The last time I bought one of these - I took a bite - and then wrapped it up to present it to my grossly overweight lab when I got home....

He refused to touch it.

OK, I'll come clean on the Barrowman sub announcement.

Despite him being our player, and even given the fact I had the team line-ups written in front of me....I had a total blank as to wtf his first name was. My apologies to Simon Barrowman if my brainfart came across as me being less than enthusiastic about his coming in to the game.

At least nobody spotted that I got the Hamilton Goalscorer wrong!!!

If they had McArthur....then they listened to me. If they had something else, then they were probably having the same trouble I was with reading the numbers on the back of the Hamilton strips. They really were impossible to read and I was having to rely on the numbers on the shorts, which only appears on one side, is tiny and impossible to read when players are on the opposite side of the pitch.

In terms of "improving things" I have taken a note to get some binoculars for future games.

the plebs

thanks

My apologies to Simon Barrowman...

...At least nobody spotted that I got the Hamilton Goalscorer wrong!!!

:thumb04: Simon :018: ;)

Here, did you not get the goal scorer wrong? :rotflmao: No one supporting Caley Thistle would have noticed because they dont care about other goals. :lol:

CD....

:018:

Not as tempted as I was to make an announcement that I had forgotten to include the Ref in the Hamilton Team line-up .....or to tell Hamilton to get the finger out when making the double substitution ;)

You could hear the annoucement of Barrowman sub over the radio... you sounded delighted :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Have you considered playing Caledonia at some point before the start of every match?? It should be inherited as an ICT anthem for years to come IMO. It's not exactly my genre of music but it fits perfectly and works brilliantly when played at Scotland matches.

Im responding to the Caledonia bit here (cant work put how to quote), I wanted to say that before but thought I would look gay. I think that would be our fields of Athen Rhy (spelling?).

Edited by TheKnowledge