FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Talking Tactics

Really sorry - But Butcher got it totally wrong yesterday.

How many of you would have played Pavels at right back and left Rosscoe in the middle - shurely it cried out fer Pavels in the middle and Rosscoe tearing down the wing.

Why persist in playing Imrie on the rite and Morais - gawd knows feckin where ?

Should Eric not have been on 10-15 minutes earlier ?

Taking off Black - WTF ??

Putting on Barrowman - WTF ??

He may have all the media charm but he hasnt exactly been a success as a manager. :angry:

And will he stay without the spondoolachs - Not a feckin chance. :angry:

Feck the Muppets. :angry:

If we had scored late on, would his tactics have really been that bad? Blame the players, not the tactics. Plenty talent on that field t create something...it didnt come.

If we had scored late on, would his tactics have really been that bad? Blame the players, not the tactics. Plenty talent on that field t create something...it didnt come.

We lost the match because Tokely was sent off.

Playing out of his accustomed position was a major contributory factor...

From what I could see the tactics were for tokely to lump the ball up field to foran and hope for a lucky break .

We lost the match because Tokely was sent off.

Playing out of his accustomed position was a major contributory factor...

Was there not a spell quite a few seasons ago where Tokely was tried at CB (presumably because he's big and solid and looks like a CB should look), but it was s complete disaster?

When I listened to the pre-match interview with Terry Butcher and heard him say that he was putting Tokes in at CB (apparently as extra security against an anticipated ariel bombardment), my first thought was oh sh*t, nobody's told him about Rosco's previous attempts at being a CB. I'm sure Butcher probably thought it was a stroke of genius. Then the inevitable happens, he makes a serious gaff, red card, relegation, the nation weeps.

Was there not a spell quite a few seasons ago where Tokely was tried at CB (presumably because he's big and solid and looks like a CB should look), but it was s complete disaster?

I honestly think that's been the problem....

Unfortunately for the big man he looks like a centre-half.... Butcher obviously thought that too.

But we didnt - and that was a combination of the players and the tactics. IF we had scored late on I would still have been making the comments. Butcher made mistakes - end of.

Tactical mistake bringing on Duncan at RB. Should have gone 3 at the back and kept the numbers up in midfield. We played into Falkirk's hands by not pushing men out wide in the second half so they put on a tricky winger to exploit Duncan. Imrie also posted missing for most of match, just like the midfield for most of the season. Imrie should have been hooked for Odhiambo at half time cos he wasn't bothering their defence at all.

But we didnt - and that was a combination of the players and the tactics. IF we had scored late on I would still have been making the comments. Butcher made mistakes - end of.

Turned out to be rather costly mistakes as it happened...

What was lacking was the killer instinct, foran had given up when he was left on his own, i always feel you should have 2 forwards, even at the cost of us only have 3 midfield as they were able to do sweet f.a. anyway, once ross got sent off pinky and the brain should have played even a 4-3-1-2 as we were not pushing forward and foran had gassed about the 60 min mark and was "trying" to do whatever he could even if it did blow like a cheap dingwall hooker.

i think imre gets alot of slagging but that guy is a worker, he may not be our highest goalscorer but like ian black he goes for it like he's been sniffing richie hart's magic powder!

What was lacking was the killer instinct, foran had given up when he was left on his own, i always feel you should have 2 forwards, even at the cost of us only have 3 midfield as they were able to do sweet f.a. anyway, once ross got sent off pinky and the brain should have played even a 4-3-1-2 as we were not pushing forward and foran had gassed about the 60 min mark and was "trying" to do whatever he could even if it did blow like a cheap dingwall hooker.

i think imre gets alot of slagging but that guy is a worker, he may not be our highest goalscorer but like ian black he goes for it like he's been sniffing richie hart's magic powder!

How could he when we'd had Tokely sent off :lol:

my bad, a 4-3-2

foran-imre

morais-black-duncan

lion-munro-paving stone-anyone but byrne as he would be too busy.

Edited by themann4thejob
go and check the site rules please