FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Alba Cup Draw

CaleyMad

The Alba cup draw will be today and that will be the first game of the season for us.

Does anybody know when about it will be announced?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong here (I probably am wrong) but are we not one of the top seeds for the competition? As such, do we not get put into the competition at a much later date? (like the 3rd or 4th round or something)

IF it's the same as last year the teams are divided into 2 sections: North+East and South+West with one side (at random) in each section receiving a bye to the 2nd round.

Ties to be played on July 25th

Jay_7 I think your thinking of the Homecoming Cup ( formerely Tennents Scottish Cup )

Alba Cup is for SFL sides only

No I'm thinking of the Alba Cup, formerly the Bells Challenge Cup. Obviously I'm wrong though so no drama.

Raith away :D :D :D

and also the exact time of the draw has not been made clear but it will be sometime today after all meeting has finished.

NORTH

Inverness, Dunfermline, Dundee, Ross County, Raith, Brechin, Peterhead, Stirling, East Fife, Arbroath, Alloa, Cowdenbeath, Montrose, Forfar, Elgin

SOUTH

Partick, Queen of the South, Morton, Livingston, Ayr, Airdrie, Clyde, Dumbarton, Stenhousemuir, Queen's Park, Stranraer, East Stirling, Annan, Albion, Berwick

sorry for double post, my edit button broke :D

NORTH

Inverness, Dunfermline, Dundee, Ross County, Raith, Brechin, Peterhead, Stirling, East Fife, Arbroath, Alloa, Cowdenbeath, Montrose, Forfar, Elgin

SOUTH

Partick, Queen of the South, Morton, Livingston, Ayr, Airdrie, Clyde, Dumbarton, Stenhousemuir, Queen's Park, Stranraer, East Stirling, Annan, Albion, Berwick

Broke :D

Elgin at home :D

NORTH

SOUTH

Broke :D

Elgin at home :)

Ye, i wont let me save my modified post.

Elgin would be brillant, 10minute walk down the road :D

NORTH/EAST DRAW

Ross County ?v- Alloa Athletic

Peterhead ?v- Cowdenbeath

Inverness Caledonian Thistle ?v- Montrose

East Fife ?v- Forfar Athletic

Elgin City ?v- Brechin City

Stirling Albion ?v- Raith Rovers

Dunfermline Athletic ?v- Arbroath

BYE: Dundee

SOUTH/WEST DRAW

Ayr United ?v- Albion Rovers

Stenhousemuir ?v- Clyde

Annan Athletic ?v- Queen?s Park

Dumbarton ?v- Morton

Airdrie United ?v- Partick Thistle

Queen of the South ?v- Livingston

Stranraer ?v- Berwick Rangers

theres 30 teams in the league, split north and south, 15 each

East Stirlingshire and Dundee got Bye's

Oh dear how depressing, a thread on this site regarding the draw for the Alba Cup. Let's hope there's no another such thread this time next year !

It is depressing and it aint ideal but we cant do anything about it so we lets hope we can go far in these competitons and even try and win something then we will all be happy