FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mike Smith

papalazaroo

In all seriousness IHE, I believe one of his major functions - aided by his qualification as an accountant - is to keep as tight a control on the purse strings as he can in all areas of the club. I dont think he can do anything about certain finances that were "above his head" if you like, but I think he has done a decent job of keeping us in the black over the last few years in other areas.

In all seriousness IHE, I believe one of his major functions - aided by his qualification as an accountant - is to keep as tight a control on the purse strings as he can in all areas of the club. I dont think he can do anything about certain finances that were "above his head" if you like, but I think he has done a decent job of keeping us in the black over the last few years in other areas.

I have had very brief dealings with MS, and can say that in my experience he was professional and honest. Think of him as having nothing to do with the football and as a business manager. And in that he has performed well.

I never expected him to have anything to do with the playing side but he must be one of the highest paid accountants in the business. Should he not be more of a media figure - should he not be raising the profile of the club - should he not be liaising more with the fan base ??

sombody should be ... not sure that should be him.

As Chief Exec we never had anyone officially in that role before MS to compare him with .... but now he is "general manager" I would think that this covers the stadium, staff, and other parts of the business. I think I can safely say that none of the previous "general managers" I had dealings with over the years were media officers or fan liaison. Both of those positions (such as they were) emanated from the boardroom with Bill M doing the media and various directors being assigned fan liaison over those years. I dealt with a number of people over the years and the best two - Kenny Cameron, and Ken Thomson were both either board members or asked to do it by board members.

He must be the line feckin manager though - but nobody has told me what he has exactly achieved ?

Yeah, he will be the line manager for all non-football staff but not (I assume) for the players and/or directors so he doesnt have total control. I was just pointing out to you that in the two areas you highlighted, he may have little or no direct control so its hardly fair to ask what he has done in those areas.

What has he achieved? Well he did achieve something quite substantial .... he wound you up so much he got you chucked out :lol: Seriously though, as someone heavily involved in trying to make sure our finances are kept in check over the last few years, read this article and pay particular reference to the paragraph that says "Inverness and Falkirk operated with no debt during the same accounting period." : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/s...rem/8114799.stm To me, that is an achievement. If he can do the same again this season, it wont be an achievement it will be a feckin miracle on the 5 loaves & 2 fishes scale !!!!

That is becos he has kept ?250K aside for Marius - where has that come from ?

He didnt wind me up - he targetted me - that is a big difference and evidently when I spend mega spondoolachs to follow ICT I have a feckin "stalker" making life deliberately difficult for me. Just aint the ICT way is it ? That is why I avoid home games.

The person who started this thread felt targetted too .... He is willing to forgive (but not forget I would imagine) so as I am in a positive mood this week my final comment on this thread will be to encourage you to draw a line in the sand, look forward from it instead of backwards and do the same.

You have made your point long and loud about "the muppets", and many have sat up and taken notice. As one of the "nutters" you do have some influence on some of our supporters in a "pied piper" kind of fashion (maybe Pie-Eyed Piper :lol:) so why not use that influence to get as many as you can behind the club, players and officials. Not saying you should stay quiet when things arent right, nor should you stop being vigilant, but we need everyone pulling in the same direction this season if we are to stand a chance of bouncing back up.

As you say .... Bring on the SFL ..... (even if we wont hear it on the radio)