FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

On one hand.......

Bronson

..... I have to say that i've been far from impressed with our performances so far this season. We only managed to overcome Montrose on penalties, started slow against Annan before coming good, played poor against Dunfermline before snatching victory with virtually our only shot of the game, struggled today against the team who came up from division two and i don't think we managed a shot on target for the entire game. I don't think Stanford (sanford) sp? or sanchez are division one quality.

On the other hand we have played 4 competitive games without defeat. When was the last time that happened? We have scored 5 goals and only conceded 1. We are joint top of the league, even with several first team players out with injuries and suspensions. Our players surely can only get better with regards to their shooting ability and we had a very good crowd - bigger than a lot of our spl games.

I'm still on the fence. I yearn for the days of pele with strikers like ritchie, stewart and wyness (1st time round) - perhaps i was spoilt early on with our cavalier style of football. Will we ever see that quality of strikers again? Perhaps not. But we could easily have lost all of the games so far this season but have come good. Luck? DOn't they say teams make their own luck?

Looking forward to the next installment!!

:angry:

..... I have to say that i've been far from impressed with our performances so far this season. We only managed to overcome Montrose on penalties, started slow against Annan before coming good, played poor against Dunfermline before snatching victory with virtually our only shot of the game, struggled today against the team who came up from division two and i don't think we managed a shot on target for the entire game. I don't think Stanford (sanford) sp? or sanchez are division one quality.

On the other hand we have played 4 competitive games without defeat. When was the last time that happened? We have scored 5 goals and only conceded 1. We are joint top of the league, even with several first team players out with injuries and suspensions. Our players surely can only get better with regards to their shooting ability and we had a very good crowd - bigger than a lot of our spl games.

I'm still on the fence. I yearn for the days of pele with strikers like ritchie, stewart and wyness (1st time round) - perhaps i was spoilt early on with our cavalier style of football. Will we ever see that quality of strikers again? Perhaps not. But we could easily have lost all of the games so far this season but have come good. Luck? DOn't they say teams make their own luck?

Looking forward to the next installment!!

:) :rotflmao::rotflmao:

The team havnt looked good since the start of the season maybe its time for TB or MM to come out and say why the team isnt playing 110% everygame. Maybe TB and MM are looking for there first 11 picks and just trying a few players out in a different postion. Maybe thats why half way through games he keeps swapping the LM and RM around

To me - ICT Chris summed up my worries on the match thread - we have a defence that will not lose many goals but we have a shot shy attack - we also however have little in the midfield to feed the forwards - we could end up with the lowest goals against but the lowest goals for.

What we need is a good win and hopefully the confidence will rise

eagles made me really miss dougie imrie today! hes scared of the ball!

I agree that Imrie is more likely to get past defenders on a run up the wing than Eagle. However Eagle has far more control when on the ball and is more likely to deliver a decent cross. In pre-season we saw Eagle deliver great crosses to Forans head which resulted in 2 or 3 goals. When was Imrie ever that accurate.?

Edited by kiltarlity

Could the difference since Pele days not so much be a player thing but a manager thing.

Maybe the teams now are more tactically aware and are able, as on Saturday, to crowd out the better team and end up with a point and a lot of frustrated home fans.

The training could also have changed from pie and pints to pasta and fitness.

A player/team is only as good as the opposition allows them to be - I think we showed in the SPL over the years that this was the case, the press, however, blamed it all on lucky ICT.

I do think we lack guile up front, not muscle and as the players strengths/knowledge/confidence emerge, maybe we will see some of this taking place.

To me - ICT Chris summed up my worries on the match thread - we have a defence that will not lose many goals but we have a shot shy attack - we also however have little in the midfield to feed the forwards - we could end up with the lowest goals against but the lowest goals for.

I am the voice of sanity.

I don't think we have enough goals in our team. We did create some chances against Dunfermline but Rooney squandered three great opporunities without even getting a shot on target.

What we need for a title challange if for either Rooney or Barrowman to step up their performances and start scoring regularly. Whether either of them can do this is another matter. I also think we'll really miss Dougie Imrie while he's out, he could be a great asset in the First Division. Eagle hasn't looked the real deal to me, although Hayes looked direct and pacy in his cameo at East End.

Great post, was going to start a topic saying the exact same thing.

Amongst all the negativity on here, we are still joint top of the league, unbeaten, and have only conceded 1 goal. There is just no pleasing some people.

Okay the performances may not have been mind-blowing, but get behind the team and the results will come. It is results we will need to grind out, like Pars away, if we are to be in with a fighting chance of being top of the league come May.

Let's get rid of all this negativity so many seem to have on here and focus on what's to come.

Scumdee away and then Mingwall at home will be huge games for us. Bring it on.

O2B.

eagles made me really miss dougie imrie today! hes scared of the ball!

I agree that Imrie is more likely to get past defenders on a run up the wing than Eagle. However Eagle has far more control when on the ball and is more likely to deliver a decent cross. In pre-season we saw Eagle deliver great crosses to Forans head which resulted in 2 or 3 goals. When was Imrie ever that accurate.?

this is true. I just found eagles very frustrating he was either weak in the tackle or lacked the confidence to take players on.

Dougie Imrie can be very frustrating at times too but after the Annan game I thought he might have been hitting form shame hes out for so long now

Once these players gel and adapt to the pace i think we will do ok.

We weren't short of bad football at times on Saturday, just really bad shooting. Something that i'm sure big Tel will sort out.

Guest WynessLegend

The First Division is going to be very close this season. Only one game so far has had more than a goal in it and that game (Morton 0 Pars 2) featured a last minute goal.

Is it feck ....... we're going to waltz it.

Guest WynessLegend

Is it feck ....... we're going to waltz it.

:lol:

Bookmarked. Shame I can't find some of your hysterical posts about Brewster last season.

Don't worry, there will be more in a similar vein.

I only come on here to wind you lot up.

Why not open a file on your laptop so you can treasure them forever

if you really love me that much?

Don't worry, there will be more in a similar vein.

I only come on here to wind you lot up.

Why not open a file on your laptop so you can treasure them forever

if you really love me that much?

You're utterly dreadful at winding people up and when posters start to pull apart your posts you reply with foul mouthed abuse. Not exactly the kind of response for someone who is "only here to wind folk up". In the end the only person who gets worked up is you :lol:

Amongst all the negativity on here, we are still joint top of the league, unbeaten, and have only conceded 1 goal. There is just no pleasing some people.

Okay the performances may not have been mind-blowing, but get behind the team and the results will come. It is results we will need to grind out, like Pars away, if we are to be in with a fighting chance of being top of the league come May.

Let's get rid of all this negativity so many seem to have on here and focus on what's to come.

O2B.

We haven't conceded any goals in the league

O2B.

I was just thinking that too.. I'm dreading the last day of the season already!! If thats a title desider!!! I couldnt handle the end of the season last season with the staying up/ Not Staying up!! Who evers going to win the leauge better have it rapped up the the next couple of weeks or im going to have a heart attack!

O2B.

Sorry, I was meaning in all our competitive games this season, didn't really point it out. :lol: