FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Disappointed in Butcher?.

acharacleoracle

Butchers signings: Is it just me who thinks this, there is not one of these guys I had ever heard of never mind seen play and what is Butcher up to?, not a single Scot amongst them!!!.

Isn?t he the assistant Scotland coach, what sort of message does this send out to other managers?. With 300 Scottish players currently unemployed its not great example and surely there must be a few scots who could do the biz.

Of those signed I don?t see anything we did?nt have before. Players binned include Vigurs, Woods, Zanders and Mihadjuks all as good if not better than those brought in. I think his priority has been simply to the replace the last vestiges of the previous managers team regardless of ability.

Also he?s reported in the P&J saying his squad is now a bit too big and it needs trimming back, so who is for the dunt, all the local lads I presume?.

After todays performance its clear its time to change things. Ross Tokely should be back in next week hopefully for Bulvitus, Richard Hastings to replace Lionel and replace Stratford and Eagle by bringing in a midfielder like Dale Gillespie who can actually pass a ball and take on a shot at goal and bring in Duncan for experience.

Having made all these new signings its clear that Butcher has not addressed the teams biggest weakness, which is our back four. Once again we leaked goals through poor defending.

With two days of the transfer window left its worrying to think that it is rumoured that his priority is a 16 year old forward!!!.

Its sad but I cannot see us getting promoted for sometime.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit unfair me thinks. All the signings are young and need to toughen up quickly and the only way that will happen is by playing them. Last week we were all happy with them and I think we need to reserve our judgement re the manager. I agree some things have been strange like leaving Lionel on the park today for so long but the disappointment of today will pass eventually. Here's to better days.

Its certainly becoming Butchers team. However I do think that we have several class players in the signings. Foran for a start, Sachez, Cox, Bulvitas. Eagle, Stratford, Hayes and Odhiambo have yet to show there worth, although we have seen flashes. Wingers also have good and not so good games - McGeady for example. So I dont think so badly of them, but I do think that McBain, Hastings, Duncan should be getting a better shout, and some of the youngsters should be given a chance more... Nick Ross a perfect example. Has looked very positive every time hes come on. We want more of that

Its sad but I cannot see us getting promoted for sometime.

Well look at Dundee, Partick, Livingston & Dunfermline. None of them when right back up and they had the same squad as us. Kept on a few players still getting high wages but not able to win the league. I cant see us winning the league but i know for a FACT thats its going to be really REALLY hard but we've just got to play 110% in every game (not less TB can shock us all and win the league)

I take it the original poster of this thread has not been to all of the games this season then

If you have you must have been watching different games to me. The new signinga have been looking good this season bar Stratford and Eagle possibly Sanchez (though you can tell he should be a good player whan he toughens up)

We had 6 or 7 new signings in that team today. Im sure they still hardly know eachother. They will need time to gel into a team I know it will take a while but just because of one terrrible performance you cant start saying the whole team is crap and all the signings have been rubbish

You need to give them time to gel and take this one hopefully as a very bad day at the office

We didn't bin Mihadjuks, he was here on loan and it would have cost as money to sign him as he was and is under contract.

I doubt his Latvian home club had been willing to let him go, he came on a lot at ICT. Anyhow their old coach that didn't fancy him changed. New coach heard good things, and was keen to give him more of a chance..

We have had to make huge cuts as a result of going down, all our new signings have had to come too us on a free. Where is Butcher too look?? He has contacts in the English game... so that is where he looked...

What standard of Scottish players do you propose to get on a free?. These English guys are at least coming from a better level than the Scottish third, you can see they are not rugby players and have some technical ability, they have been coached full time and had the facilitys of bigger clubs than ICT...

Edited by kiltarlity

We didn't bin Mihadjuks, he was here on loan and it would have cost as money to sign him as he was and is under contract.

Our chairman is wanting us to bounce back to the SPL and yet he has given TB money to spend on players. Something not right there?

I take it the original poster of this thread has not been to all of the games this season then

If you have you must have been watching different games to me. The new signinga have been looking good this season bar Stratford and Eagle possibly Sanchez (though you can tell he should be a good player whan he toughens up)

We had 6 or 7 new signings in that team today. Im sure they still hardly know eachother. They will need time to gel into a team I know it will take a while but just because of one terrrible performance you cant start saying the whole team is crap and all the signings have been rubbish

You need to give them time to gel and take this one hopefully as a very bad day at the office

Its one thing starting 6 or 7 new signings but if they don't know each other then what is the point of doing that? you end getting beaten like we did today. Its poor management to do that, the new boys are all young and don't have any experience so where is the balance where is the experience, he certainly did not sign any. If the aim is to go straight back up then the signings so far are unlikely to produce the goods.

Our chairman is wanting us to bounce back to the SPL and yet he has given TB money to spend on players. Something not right there?

Where do you suggest that money comes from... suppose we could always do a Livi !! These new guys are on one year contracts and less than ?1000 a week. Cost to have for season less than 52k each.. Add up 6 times that, thats 300k.. Dundee have single players that are costing them more than that... (sign on + wages for year)

Edited by kiltarlity

Where do you suggest that money comes from... suppose we could always do a Livi !! These new guys are on one year contracts and less than ?1000 a week. Cost to have for season less than 52k each..

Nothing in football terms...

So since ICT have being in the SPL we havnt really had a transfer budget have we. Where is all the money gone which has gone into that we havnt spent big have we even spent atal

Marius and Barrowman spring to mind... Butcher must have cost us as did sacking Brew.. (payoff!)

Don't forget Phil McGuire. He was one of our highest earners and with a year left on his deal before he was payed off. Money well spent there. :(

Edited by ajsict92

Marius and Barrowman spring to mind... Butcher must have cost us as did sacking Brew.. (payoff!)

Don't forget Phil McGuire. He was one of our highest earners and with a year left on his deal before he was payed off. Money well spent there. :(

Wonder how much he would have got? :(

Can't say I've been impressed by any of the signings. Admittedly I've only been to the home games so can't speak for their away displays?

After today's performance I'm questioning their commitment to ICT?

I would feel exactly the same as you if I had only been to the home games. They play so much better away from home

Can't say I've been impressed by any of the signings. Admittedly I've only been to the home games so can't speak for their away displays?

After today's performance I'm questioning their commitment to ICT?

I would feel exactly the same as you if I had only been to the home games. They play so much better away from home

We have always seemed to find the TCS a hard place to play.

I saw them away once this season V Dunfermline and they were good!

Even last week they managed to get two past Dundee.

I dunno what it is but Butcher is just not getting the team right!

Probably because the "support" don't get on their backs after about 10 minutes like they do in Inverness.

Probably because the "support" don't get on their backs after about 10 minutes like they do in Inverness.

Thats the spirit RiG blame the fans for another p1sh performance :lol:

RiG has a critical point. Playing at the Caledonian Stadium must be in front of the most unforgiving home support in Britain at present.

The team yesterday did seem to underestimate Ross County who looked a good SPL team by the end. This is a new team we have put together and initially there will be experimentation. Next week there will be changes and I suspect this week in training there will be a sombre and careful build up. The season is but young and people succeed with support.....not back stabbing.

Bit unfair me thinks. All the signings are young and need to toughen up quickly and the only way that will happen is by playing them. Last week we were all happy with them and I think we need to reserve our judgement re the manager. I agree some things have been strange like leaving Lionel on the park today for so long but the disappointment of today will pass eventually. Here's to better days.

Why is it unfair to question this, yes I agree that all the signings are young but we have plenty of young unexperienced youngsters coming through the youth system so why has Butcher added another 6 into this category?. Like I am sure you know a little age and experience can be very advantageous, a couple of older experienced heads are needed to impart the necessary experience, to encourage and get the best out of the youngsters, we are sadly lacking in that department at the moment.