FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Your Most Famous Scottish Men

Glebeict

Yo are not watching enough TV Alex

Did you mean Alexander Graham Bell for Communication

from wiki:-

In retrospect, Bell considered his most famous invention an intrusion on his real work as a scientist and refused to have a telephone in his study.

Apparently IHE asked him............

"Hey Alex, what have you invented today",

"Oh just a telephone, but I'm not putting one of them in my study, keeps interrupting me, bloody thing"

"Fair do's Alex, stick them on eBay then"

No I meant Logie-Baird. His television is the forerunner to the modern day computer screen and the wee screen on your mobile.

Baird's tv systems involved mechanical, as opposed to electronic scanning to produce a picture. Doesn't bear any resemblence to today's tv or computer screens

No I meant Logie-Baird. His television is the forerunner to the modern day computer screen and the wee screen on your mobile.

Baird's tv systems involved mechanical, as opposed to electronic scanning to produce a picture. Doesn't bear any resemblence to today's tv or computer screens

Actually Johnboy the first computer was wholly mechanical, invented by a Mr Babbage who never actually completed building it. It was like a large version of the dial darts scorer I remember from (The Seaforth?) Youth club on Planefield Road.