FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Raith Rovers : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow some depressing match summaries in amongst some more realistic ones. I thought it was a thoroughly entertaining match with us certainly dominating from start to finish. We should have scored thousands of goals yesterday. Good displays from everyone, don't see where anyone could be criticised on yesterdays performance as we were so far ahead it was unreal. If it was a boxing match it would have been stopped at half time. In fact the fog almost stopped it for us. It was almost half time before the away fans could be seen from the North end. Hayes and Odhiambo tormented the Raith rearguard and Rooney led the line brilliantly. He worked tirelessly and put himself about, scoring the vital goal into the bargain. Sanchez looked good, probing at the Raith defence and created plenty for others. Esson was a spectator, but he did that well. The back four were solid if unspectacular and most of them had a pot at goal such was our dominance. Special mentgion for Duff, he was also unspectacular, but he never put a foot wrong and that enabled Cox to play a blinder, he was unlucky not to score two or three goals. Important to secure the three points, but in all honesty, Raith never threatened. Good to get live updates from the match on the thread, cheers nwadeener.

So, good day for us, just a pity we never scored another ten.

An entertaining match dominated by ICT especially in the first half. Could easily have had 4 or 5 goals on another day. A vital 3 points just about keeping us on the fringes of contention and probably ending any lingering hopes that Raith had for promotion leaving just six teams in contention.

Duff looked very composed, could be a decent aquisition if we can keep him until the end of the season.

An entertaining match dominated by ICT especially in the first half. Could easily have had 4 or 5 goals on another day. A vital 3 points just about keeping us on the fringes of contention and probably ending any lingering hopes that Raith had for promotion leaving just six teams in contention.

Duff looked very composed, could be a decent aquisition if we can keep him until the end of the season.

If Raith win their one game in hand, as they should do on paper*, then they will be equal with Dunfermline, one point behind us. No more out of it than we are.

* blah blah

Raith were rubbish, our finishing poor but we were never in any danger. Horrendous fog which seemed to part about 30 minutes in which allowed us to see a fair sized travelling support from Fife. Second half was much the same as the first half - one way traffic to the Raith goal. Rooneys flashing was uncalled (like Renegade I too will have nightmares!) for Djebi Zadis dive hilarious and my feet frozen. Not much else to say really.

Cannae comment on the game, was in Dundee to see the parents whilst they still live...Just one thing, though: "second would be nice" to quote a previous poster. No, it wouldn't. in fact it would be the worst of all options, not winning but being so close. I really don't think that the Dee will run away with this league - the cup final is ample evidence of that - and I hope these predictions are blown skywards on boxing day.

The Cup Final was ample evidence that even though Dundee can play absolute pich they can turn it up a gear and beat us.

The've gone to Partick and County in recent weeks and come away with 6 points. We came away with nothing. In Harkins and Griffiths they've the two best players in the league and they've money to spend in January if they want to strengthen further. Dundee WILL win this league.

The Cup Final was ample evidence that even though Dundee can play absolute pich they can turn it up a gear and beat us.

The've gone to Partick and County in recent weeks and come away with 6 points. We came away with nothing. In Harkins and Griffiths they've the two best players in the league and they've money to spend in January if they want to strengthen further. Dundee WILL win this league.

And by a country mile

I was at the match on Saturday and have to say I really enjoyed the entertainment - the team tried to play football and it was a joy to watch. I think the weather had a lot to do with some of the changes we missed but at least we created chances and got the 3 points. ( Big Positive )

I thought the new guy Duff done really well in midfield - he just done the simple things all the time pass the ball and find a player - also noticed he was trying to encourage the younger lads on the pitch. Hayes and Rooney were brilliant and Sanchez did well trying to find the pass.

So well done to the team and management and hopefully we will have a good result this week.

Happy Fan