FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Xbox 360 games

tokelyisvictorious

Just got an Xbox a week ago, and bought a couple of games initially to tide me over til christmas.

Halo 3 (everyone seemed to tell me its better than the new Odst version) is superb, even though i am incredibly amateurish and take ages to complete any levels.

Fifa 09 (didn't want to pay a ridiculous price for Fifa 10) was initially good, but then started a manager mode and started out with Chester to work my way up the leagues, and realised that its ultimately poor and frustrating.

Have got my eye on Arkham Asylum and Modern Warfare 2.

Any got any recommendations? Can anyone tell me if Fifa 10 is worth it or is it as poor as 09?

Edited by tokelyisvictorious

good question, i liked Fifa09 as much as fifa10 all be it the game play is better over all the way it plays is the same, the thing you'll have to remember is, your teams in the lower leauge are dogs, learn how to do the chip shot and run straight at the keeper, it was the only way i could get a goal in the English2, and it was very frustrating!!

Halo3 is an awsome game, i played it to death, so much so that now i dont want to put it in through fear of neglecting my family haha!!

Call of Duty Modern Warfair2 is.... FANTASTIC, it is however a game pitched at online gaming, the main game will take you about 6 hours to finish, however you will have hours of fun online, word of advice for that dude!! dont use the head set if your not online with your mates in a "Party" because the tubes on line will do your head in!! oh and find the setting to stop the voices coming through your tv!!

I also play Forza3 its a car racing game and the graphics are amazing!! if your not that good at car games it will help you loads with assisted braking/steerging/traction and Abs, but you can if you want switch them all off!!

from the above game you have done what i did with MW2, i wasnt a fan of the older COD so i bought COD4 for about a tenner and fell in love with it, so if you want to give it a test run buy the older ones.. COD4 is still a good wee game and online is good too.

Fifa09 good shout, and if your in to car games get Forza2 first see how you like it!!

Good luck and welcome to the world of xbox. you wont look back lol!!!

Have got my eye on Arkham Asylum and Modern Warfare 2.

I believe Arkham Asylum is an excellent game. That coming from my oldest son, who is rapidly turning into quite the little movie/game critic. ask him his opinion and you get a biopsy of the game, graphics, playability, etc etc and then probably rounded off with a percentage score (in his opinion). Arkham asylum scored highly with him. Its one of 3 games i got him for xmas.....the other two being Left for Dead 2 and Assasins Creed 2

hes a very lucky lad smee Assasins Creed 2 is a mint game as it the Batman game, ive only played the demos and both were fantastic!! Ive have 3 new games in the last couple of months and cant justfy another one seen as im still wanting to get back to forza and fifa lol, but aye thats the two id get next..... splinter cells coming out soon, it looks amazing too.

Xbox live is great for demos but if youve got a down load limit to your broadband watch out because its about a gig or two per demo..

Coz mun......Splinter Cell happens to be one of the few games i have really enjoyed playing in its previous incarnations. I love gomes like that, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil etc....would love to see a new Syphon Filter game too :D

Splinter was the first game where if you shot a light... it went dark!! awsome

Are you sure Georgeios? I seem to remember levels in (none other than the afforementioned) Syphon Filter, in the park, where i am sure i used to shoot out the lamps to help me stay in the dark. Am sure of it. So...question is...what came first...Syphon Filter or Splinter cell? I wouldnt know...thats for sure!

Metal Gear Solid is one of my all time fave series! I cannot wait for the new one to come out on Xbox. The new Final Fantasy is coming to Xbox also. So the way i see it, the only good games left on PS3 only are Grand Turismo! Xbox have far better Xbox only games than the Ps3 have Ps3 only.

Roll on Mass Effect 2!

Hmmm I would get Splinter Cell. I'm still enthralled by halo, even though i am terrible, its just a great game.

Think I will get the arkham asylum and MW2 games, they both seem to get good reviews.

Aye, thats the thing Georgious, it takes me around 20 attempts on goal to score, and even then its from a deflected shot off the goalie. Just given up now.

Is Fifa 10 any better or is PES more realistic though, i have no idea with the Xbox. I used to like PES cos it was a football game, and Fifa was a franchise. Dunno, wouldn't want to waste my money.

Thanks for the replies above, i'll keep my eye out for Syphon Filter and Splinter Cell.

Hmmm I would get Splinter Cell. I'm still enthralled by halo, even though i am terrible, its just a great game.

Think I will get the arkham asylum and MW2 games, they both seem to get good reviews.

Aye, thats the thing Georgious, it takes me around 20 attempts on goal to score, and even then its from a deflected shot off the goalie. Just given up now.

Is Fifa 10 any better or is PES more realistic though, i have no idea with the Xbox. I used to like PES cos it was a football game, and Fifa was a franchise. Dunno, wouldn't want to waste my money.

Thanks for the replies above, i'll keep my eye out for Syphon Filter and Splinter Cell.

Fifa 10 is more realistic and a better all round game.

I agree with DC, Fifa is the better of the two now, but not before... really learn the chip shot, i cant mind without seeing the control, but the chip long pass when your running straight on to the middle of the goal about 2 yards from the pen spot, the goaly will come out, when you see him coming out tap the lob!! you have to be on straight on though.