FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Carlos Tevez

Council Juice

I was honourable at all times and I think it was wrong of him to talk about another footballer in that way

Carlos Tevez

Gary Neville is amoron and a bootlicker as well. He said that I was not worth ?25m in order to make a good impression on his manager. My goal celebrations on Tuesday were aimed at him. I don?t know why he has to talk **** about me, as I have never had any problems with him.

Carlos Tevez

Somewhat hypocritical but still funny. All Neville seems to be used for at the minute is to "wind up" opposition fans / players.

Tevez is the Moron. If your going to rip it out of Neville it should be for that tash. Tevez has quite clearly never been told what irony and dignity mean. Regardless of what he has done this season, the bottom line is he was no way worth the money Man U were asked to pay for him.

Regardless of what he has done this season, the bottom line is he was no way worth the money Man U were asked to pay for him.

Have to disagree there. United would be a far better side if they still had him. If they end up not winning anything this season, as is possible, maybe their reluctance to pay the asking price will be seen as a false economy.

Regardless of what he has done this season, the bottom line is he was no way worth the money Man U were asked to pay for him.

Have to disagree there. United would be a far better side if they still had him. If they end up not winning anything this season, as is possible, maybe their reluctance to pay the asking price will be seen as a false economy.

I don't think United's striking options would be their downfall this season. It's the defensive injuries. Fergie must have asked himself "Is Tevez better than what I have here already?". Rooney is a better version of Tevez and Fergie would have felt that neither player would have been at their best whilst playing next to each other. Would I rather have him than Dimitar? Yes. Would I rather he played next to Rooney than Berbatov? No. Tevez is a really good player but, not worth what was being asked for him. We will see at the end of the season though but I don't think Tevez will be the only deciding factor if the title doesn't go to Man U, or, ends up at Man city, which for the sake of decency, I sincerely hope it doesn't.

I don't think United's striking options would be their downfall this season. It's the defensive injuries. Fergie must have asked himself "Is Tevez better than what I have here already?". Rooney is a better version of Tevez and Fergie would have felt that neither player would have been at their best whilst playing next to each other. Would I rather have him than Dimitar? Yes. Would I rather he played next to Rooney than Berbatov? No. Tevez is a really good player but, not worth what was being asked for him. We will see at the end of the season though but I don't think Tevez will be the only deciding factor if the title doesn't go to Man U, or, ends up at Man city, which for the sake of decency, I sincerely hope it doesn't.

I think Tevez has a far bigger presence on the pitch than Rooney does which can be a massive game swinger, by keeping the oppostion playing defensively it creates far more chances for City to play in the oppositions half and strike at goal. Rooney doesn't play at all like this. So I disagree with you saying that Rooney's a better version of Tevez, tamer yes but not better.

Also, of course a single player will never be the deciding factor in a teams league position but they can certainly help.

As a Manchester United supporter - second team after Caley Thistle - and don't call me a glory hunter as supported them as my English team way back in the days of The Doc,- I was disappointed when they didn't hold on to Tevez. I wish him all the best but hope City fail miserably after the way they treated Mark Hughes. If United win nothing this season it will not be because they didn't keep Tevez, it will be due to injury and lack of players to shore up defence.

Good arguement but I look nothing like that guy on come dine with me!

Ferguson knew Rooney couldn't play with Tevez and wasn't going to fork out ?30 mil for a back up to Rooney. Berbatov is a cracking player IMO but he's not Cantona and Fergie paid too much money for him

Tevez is the Moron. If your going to rip it out of Neville it should be for that tash. Tevez has quite clearly never been told what irony and dignity mean. Regardless of what he has done this season, the bottom line is he was no way worth the money Man U were asked to pay for him.

He's pretty much spot on by calling him a boot licking though. And in hindsight Neville was a bit moronic in coming out before the game as it did nought but rile Tevez up and make him desperate to gun Utd down. Tevez comes across in a very says what he's thinking type. I think he wanted to point out also he had nothing against United, just Neville for needlessly talking about him.

I dont think Tevez is the brightest. He comes across a bit slow (properly, like medically, slow) He still can hardly speak a wod of English to his own admission - thats after 3 and a half years.

On other points I dont see Tevez and Rooney as all that much alike other than their near identical goals to games ratio this season. Rooney plays with more tact and is as well as looking to score, tries to play others in (He has a fairly high assist rate). Tevez chases everything for 80 minutes. You'll often notice by this point he'll be knackered and gets subbed. He reminds me of the Tazmanian Devil cartoon- Very eager, but doesn't play with intelligence, however creates havoc in his wake. He looks quite similar to Taz too.

As for his valuation, yeah ?25 million* is pretty steep and United had already paid ?6m* towards the loan. so ?31* million in total plus wages. Probably too much. However he will get 20 goals a season if given a run and the United fans wanted him to stay. ?34m for Berba. Bit of a rip off. Take 15 of that and you've got a much closer valuation. However sometimes I think alot of his play goes unnoticed. He may not score the hatfuls that would be expected but his all round game in hold up play and bringing others into the game is very good. I too think it will be more to do with Man U's defensive losses than attacking woes that will see them lose the league. But another 10-20 goals might have helped that. Who knows.

Frankly I wonder if City do become the force they aim to be then I'm not sure Tevez would be 1st choice any longer. The likes of Kaka, Eto'o may be more willing to join if Man City are winning things.

But it was still a pretty funny read irregardless on whether its correct or not.

(*these are estimated sums based on tabloid valuations)

I think Tevez is some player, what an engine he has. He ran and ran and ran in the derby game and scored a brace. He is as solid as an ox and very difficult to knock off the ball and his workrate is second to none.

Worth the money..............is anybody worth that amount?