FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Would taped music be a good option for me?

levis888

I love to sing and play music. I can't find anyone to get into a band with. All my friends are either in bands or talentless. So would it be a good idea to record the music and sing live with taped music. Would this be a good idea and is it common? Does it depend on the music?

Two of the xmas parties I was at last year had singers supported by recorded music, although they seemed to be working on some kind of uber karaoke system where they could set the key to match their voice and things. It sounded fine and the lack of live band didn't seem to detract from the performance or the enjoyment of the punters...also meant the singer could take a break and leave some music playing so no big gaps in the show to contend with.

• 2 weeks later...

I love to sing and play music. I can't find anyone to get into a band with. All my friends are either in bands or talentless. So would it be a good idea to record the music and sing live with taped music. Would this be a good idea and is it common? Does it depend on the music?

Do you still get tape recorders?