FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

mcswegan

strathyjags

The club have done the right thing in taking him on trial. At first I thought this was a joke but now I believe he would be a good squad player. Another potential coach in the making and surely could supply a few SPL goals.

Whether Christie offers him a deal or ditches him after his trial, I am sure it will be the right.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had good scoring records at Dundee Utd, Hearts and Killie. It's only his County spell that has been a flop. The easy conclusion is that he is past it, but I'm sure he will be trying his hardest to show that he has something to offer.

Clearly he was quite far down Charlie's list of targets, but on a short term deal/trial basis at a time when we have injury problems upfront he is better than nothing.

Charlie Christie was a decent midfielder, and a reasonable lottery manager.

As a Head Coach or Team Manager he is well out of his depth.

Some of the rubbish the man has been spouting about his "efforts" to bring in a player during the transfer window has been embarassing.

He has proved beyond all doubt that he does not have the contacts, the personality, the reputation or anything else for that matter, necessary to attract players to this club.

We can not survive by signing nothing but County players.

They are a struggling first division side.

Rankine may be a promising player - but the purchase price was exorbitant.

McSwegan is a joke.

A complete joke.

Get back to the lottery Charlie, before we all start to hate you.

Don't wait until you're sacked, because sadly this club won't do that until after we go down.

Just ask for your old job back tomorrow.

The best signing, by a very long way, that ICT could attempt now is Craig Levein as Manager.

Stand aside Charlie so we can at least try.

He was finished before he went to Kilmarnock!

It is extremely rare for me to slag any ICT player.

I would just like us to appoint a Manager with ambition.

A manager who can raise our profile, and not destroy it.

CC is as ambitious as reality will allow.

We are never going to attract the biggest names North, no matter who is at the helm. We try to live within our means and so far are doing just that. Sweggie is a stop gap striker, one who has played at a decent level, although off the pace for the last couple of years due to mis-diagnosis of an injury. What do you really expect from the resources available, we have to live off scraps and cast offs. The valid points are only opinions, but McSwegans post is now turning towards CC. Note only CC, not the board and Donald Park too.

Expectation can be a troublesome thing.

HE HAS BEEN SIGNED AS A BACK UP

:008: :008: :008: :008:

Read CC's interview again

With Dennis Wyness injured, I felt we needed a forward option

CC obviously thought we had a good oppertunity of signing Stewart and when he decided to go off to Falkirk we were left in the lurch so CC decided instead of having no one we would take an experienced SPL player that has played at international level, and played at the highest Scottish club level... and you lot are now saying he is not fit for the job :015: :015: :006:

Not to mention we still have 2 players on trial

Right lets go over this...

5 wins out of 5 games going into the end of last season and not to mention the 4-2 win over United after Brewster (traitor) fecked off.

Rankin.... good signing!

Managed to keep a hold of our 2 most influential players after Brewster did everything in his powers to convince them to move away

We were caught off guard against St Mirren but if we had one that game you would all be singing CC's praises. 

You all need to take a good look at yourselves because as soon as we start doing well I guarentee you will be the first kissing his ***

I am honestly sick and tired of coming on this forum due to the constant slagging being aimed at our manager... I get enough of it at work & I don't expect to have to argue with people on this site due to their lack of support.  Only one word can be used to describe you lot ...... fickle!!  :008:

CC obviously thought we had a good oppertunity of signing Stewart and when he decided to go off to Falkirk we were left in the lurch so CC decided instead of having no one we would take an experienced SPL player that has played at international level, and played at the highest Scottish club level... and you lot are now saying he is not fit for the job :015: :015: :006:

Another way to put that would be, we have signed a player who has scored one goal in fifty odd games in the last two seasons at a lower level than the one we are playing at.  Perfectly legitimate to question his signing, although there are positives that can be looked at, as I posted elsewhere.

5 wins out of 5 games going into the end of last season and not to mention the 4-2 win over United after Brewster (traitor) fecked off.

Rankin.... good signing!

Managed to keep a hold of our 2 most influential players after Brewster did everything in his powers to convince them to move away

We were caught off guard against St Mirren but if we had one that game you would all be singing CC's praises. 

You all need to take a good look at yourselves because as soon as we start doing well I guarentee you will be the first kissing his ***

I am honestly sick and tired of coming on this forum due to the constant slagging being aimed at our manager... I get enough of it at work & I don't expect to have to argue with people onthis site due to their lck of support.  Only one word can be used to describe you lot ...... fickle!!  :008:

I think Charlie has done a good job but why shouldn't people say what they think about the manager and what happens at the club?  Do you honestly think that Charlie has come in for "constant slagging" on this forum?  I remember Brewster and Robertson being criticised more than Charlie has been. 

CC's comment on BBC Sport web-site:

"He has something to prove and is delighted at this chance. "We'll need to work on his fitness, but his experience can be a help to us."

I respect CC's judgement on this and always will, after all, he is in a much better position than me to say who's good and who isn't. To Gary I say welcome to the family of ICT and sincerley hope things work out well for all concerned.

...right....back to my fence... :006: :004:

Another way to put that would be, we have signed a player who has scored one goal in fifty odd games in the last two seasons at a lower level than the one we are playing at.  Perfectly legitimate to question his signing, although there are positives that can be looked at, as I posted elsewhere.

Rankin.... good signing!

I am honestly sick and tired of coming on this forum due to the constant slagging being aimed at our manager... I get enough of it at work & I don't expect to have to argue with people onthis site due to their lck of support.  Only one word can be used to describe you lot ...... fickle!!  :008:

I think Charlie has done a good job but why shouldn't people say what they think about the manager and what happens at the club?  Do you honestly think that Charlie has come in for "constant slagging" on this forum?  I remember Brewster and Robertson being criticised more than Charlie has been. 

Brewster was slagged for his negative outlook to football, his lack of substitutions and his rigid and boring stye of play.

Robbo for his long ball game.

Now we have CC who is trying to play attractive, positive football but how can he achieve this when the fans wont give him a chance... I mean what really has the guy done wrong to deserve so much criticism?? bought and ex Scotland international as a back up who hasn't even kicked a ball yet but has already been deemed as a failure???

It's not even that I'm being "over positive" as RIG put it... but would it not be a better idea to see how the team gets on before slagging the 5hit out of it??

A lot of interesting mixed views on this board. Everyone has reasons for their opinion and it is healthy to have an argument now and again.

I feel that it is a wrong signing BUT I am willing to give him a chance as I will back Christie 100% through thick and thin. Remember it takes time in a managers first job. Remember Robbo took us from 1st to 4th and no-one was calling for his head. This is the SPL and it is tough as we are still learning in the SPL. He will make wrong and brilliant decisions and I can't wait to see if McSwegan was a good or bad decision.

I believe McSwegan will give us something. Admittedly I'm surprised at the signing but I will reserve judgement till I've seen him play. He suffered a groin problem, for the last four or so years, that our wonderful health service couldn't even diagnose properly. Now he has had that all sorted and is determined to get back to form so perhaps CC's not as stupid as some would have him.

Gary was once a very good player and at 35 is not too old to get back to somewhere near his best. Age shouldn't be a problem. Look at Brew, still playing at 39. Latapy also about 40. Alan Shearer stopped at 40ish. If the guy can get back his former skills, even just for 20 mins a game, he could be a **** good asset. Don't knock him till he's had his chance.

He's VERY very unlikely ever to play for us especially with the Under-21 rule

So why sign him? :017:

Is it just signing for signing's sake? I can't believe we have signed this duffer, what has he got to offer?

"Oh but he's played for Scotland" aye, 2 caps and a total of 83 minutes 7 years ago!

Your telling me you'd rather have a 35 year old has been on the bench instead of a youg striker out the reserves? Yes McSwegan's got experience but how do you get experience? I'd much rather use the reserve and u-19 strikers as back up instead of 35 year olds signed for a year to take wages away.

And if he's only back-up, why not take him just until January? That way he covers the "crisis" and we can get a decent striker in the Transfer Window?

lets TRY and look at the positive side , if there is one , the guy might well have something to prove , and if he IS over his injuries , with  that kinda outlook, he could well prove to be an astute signing , paul ritchie was no spring chicken when he came to us. i know i am personally not keen and dont think it is a great signing but at least give the guy a chance before we all rip him to shreds on here

Gary was once a very good player and at 35 is not too old to get back to somewhere near his best. Age shouldn't be a problem. Look at Brew, still playing at 39. Latapy also about 40. Alan Shearer stopped at 40ish. If the guy can get back his former skills, even just for 20 mins a game, he could be a **** good asset. Don't knock him till he's had his chance.

Alan Shearer retired at the age of 35!! Maybe it just seems like he was around for longer.

Guest Father Ted

As I was working in Hamilton, I managed to sneak off to see the reserve game at Airdrie.

McSwegan was non existant. If this is what we have to look forward to God help us.

Caff and Morgan did well. We were beat    2 - 0 

Easy seeing McSwegan's not from Canada anyway  :015: :015: :015: :015:

Aye, gie him a break, bet he scores at Fir Park this week.

you cut me  deep, you cut me real deep mantis  :015: :015: :015: :015:

seems that one comment will haunt me for the rest of my days !!