FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

mcswegan

strathyjags

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no no no............I am not an I believer, but I am a what will be, will be.

When he played for Hearts he scored a fair few goals, got himself into the Scotland squad. I pointed out he is not fit. Where is the problem with my post?? If he has signed and he plays and becomes our top scorer, will he still get all these hate posts?

If I were him and happened to read these posts I would not sign for ICT, that should please most folk then.  The County situation was odd, but if someone pays you for doing nothing, would you tell them to stop?

Wake up and stop being sheep.

Sorry guys but this had to be moved back to 'On the Park'.  No joke I'm afraid.  Signed until the end of the season.

We had a team playing in a testimonial in Wick today.  Some of the 1st team offered to go up as they had a free weekend anyway.  I am very reliably informed that McSwegan played his first game for us today. (forgot to ask if he scored!!)

If he can put a few goals away and it helps the cause, then I suppose he's good cover and he might be able to pass on some of his experience to our youngsters.

Guest Jock Watt

Granted we want a goal-scorer - why don't we go after Zamora, Harewood or Cole from West Ham ?

Any one of them would do us VERY nicely !

i didnt think we were this desperate to sign anyone

You seem to have changed your tune?  :006:

Booooooooo!

so if mcswegan scored the winner for us at ibrox or parkhead,u would still boo would u??...sad

No of course I wouldn't boo him. But can you honestly hand on heart say that there is a chance of that happening? I still think it is a very poor signing and I am very unhappy about it. There must have been better out there. Christie said oft he two trialists we had earlier that they weren't better than what we had so we wouldn't signthem so why have we signed McSwegan? If he is better than what we have (1 goal in 2 years) then our front line must be dire.

When Dargo and Wyness regain full fitness he won't get a sniff. He is a waste of wages that we could have used on getting a right back to cover the currently poor Tokely.

I will happily eat my words if McSwegan proves me wrong but I can't see it. Sorry to not go with the crowd.

i didnt think we were this desperate to sign anyone

You seem to have changed your tune?  :006:

Booooooooo!

so if mcswegan scored the winner for us at ibrox or parkhead,u would still boo would u??...sad

No of course I wouldn't boo him. But can you honestly hand on heart say that there is a chance of that happening? I still think it is a very poor signing and I am very unhappy about it. There must have been better out there. Christie said oft he two trialists we had earlier that they weren't better than what we had so we wouldn't signthem so why have we signed McSwegan? If he is better than what we have (1 goal in 2 years) then our front line must be dire.

When Dargo and Wyness regain full fitness he won't get a sniff. He is a waste of wages that we could have used on getting a right back to cover the currently poor Tokely.

I will happily eat my words if McSwegan proves me wrong but I can't see it. Sorry to not go with the crowd.

i havent changed my tune,dont think its a good signing,but obvious its just to cover denzils injury,yes there better out there,but after losing out on j stewart at 10pm,what other,options did we have so late on for cover,i also dont htink he,ll feature at all,but i aint the one booooing him here,u are,a waste of wages,possibly but if he passes anything on to rory that could make him a better player fine,maybe 1 of these trialist is a right back

I am booing the decision to sign him. He is not better than what we already have. The wages should not have been much better spent. It makes no difference if we lost out on 'Budgie' from Aberdeen. You shouldn't just sign someone because they are available for the sake of it. Otherwise our first team squad would be bigger than Chelskis.

Bayne and Rory can cover for us against Motherwell and Wyness and Dargo should be back after that. Bayne has already scored more goals in the league than Wyness and Dargo so he is doing fine and we carry a threat from midfield that will always create chances like we saw on Saturday at Tynie.

A short term panic buy.

I am booing the decision to sign him. He is not better than what we already have. The wages should not have been much better spent. It makes no difference if we lost out on 'Budgie' from Aberdeen. You shouldn't just sign someone because they are available for the sake of it. Otherwise our first team squad would be bigger than Chelskis.

Bayne and Rory can cover for us against Motherwell and Wyness and Dargo should be back after that.

... and what if Bayne or McCallister got injured???

It might have been a panic buy but all we are actually needing is cover upfront and with McSwegan having played in the SPL and for Scotland previously he provides cover and experience.  I'm sure he wont be the greatest player to wear an ICT strip but he will do a job.  He is a new signing for ICT would be nice if everyone stopped bitchin about the transfer and welcomed a new player to the team

u can do better can u :006:

Erm....yes that's clearly what I was getting at.

... and what if Bayne or McCallister got injured???

It might have been a panic buy but all we are actually needing is cover upfront and with McSwegan having played in the SPL and for Scotland previously he provides cover and experience.  I'm sure he wont be the greatest player to wear an ICT strip but he will do a job.  He is a new signing for ICT would be nice if everyone stopped *beep* about the transfer and welcomed a new player to the team

What if our entire defence got injured? Wyness will be back after the Motherwell game and dargo isn't meant to be far off as well.

Barry can play up front. Also other people have suggested a change of formation with one striker and Rankin playing behind him. We have plenty of options in our team. It is quite versatile and we can change guys about.

ok i,ll get ready to watch 1st div footie if ur taking over :017:

Again - [sarasm]that is clearly what I meant[/sarcasm]. If you could direct me to where I said I could do better or if I was going to take over ICT I would be most grateful  :003:

I'm not exactly thrilled with the signing of McSwegan but at least he gives us some cover up front.

I don't expect to see him actually play though unless we are struck by several injuries or suspensions.

Him getting a game would mean that Bayne or Rory aren't preceived as good enough by the management.

I confidently moved this topic back to 'on the park' after having his signing confirmed, but according to the match report from the Wick game McSwegan is just a trialist.  Just a technicality I'm sure as it happened late on Thursday night.  County must just have released him, which means he can sign with us anytime.

I am an optimist, this transfer can be looked upon positively in some ways.  We have signed a player as cover for a problem position, he is not being brought in to start games.  In this sense he is an experienced Premierleague player, which has to be better than bringing in a wet behind the ears youngster.  We haven't paid a fee and I doubt we are spluring wages on him.  Also, perhaps McSwegan will be motivated by his failure to achieve what was expected of him at County?  Jim Hamilton was rotten for County when he was there but has been excellent in the SPL the last couple of seasons.  There are also quite a few cases of players whohaven't shone in the lower leagues making an unexpected impact in the SPL - James Grady scored more goals in one SPL season with Partick than in several First Division seasons with Ayr Utd for example.