FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Open all mics tonight? (charles)

caleyrule

My cousin cant make the game tonight and is wondering will there be an open all mics tonight and if so on what frequency?

Radio Scotland - 94.0FM

or Radio Nan Ghaidael(usually on the saturdays) dont know the frequency for it as i usually have it on either Sky or Freeview

My cousin cant make the game tonight and is wondering will there be an open all mics tonight and if so on what frequency?

Radio Scotland - 94.0FM

or Radio Nan Ghaidael(usually on the saturdays) dont know the frequency for it as i usually have it on either Sky or Freeview

For weeknight Sportsound programmes the BBC Scotland frequencies split: Sportsound is always on 810 MW while the FM frequency stays with the regular music programmes. Sportsound is definitely scheduled for 6.10-10 pm tonight on 810 MW, but I don't know if it'll have open all mics or not.

With 2 x SPL, 3 x D1, 5 x D2 and 4 x D3 games on you would hope there is O.A.M. but the Sportsound website hasnt been updated yet to say whether it is on :)

With 2 x SPL, 3 x D1, 5 x D2 and 4 x D3 games on you would hope there is O.A.M. but the Sportsound website hasnt been updated yet to say whether it is on :)

I am sure they said on Saturday that Sportsound will be on 810 on AM tonight.

Sorry folks, only saw this when I got back home. Let me explain.

Outwith Saturday afternoon, football is normally only broadcast on Radio Scotland on 810MW. (You will also get exactly the same transmission simultaneously on 103.5-105 when Radio nan Gaidheal is not on air. That's why when there were SPL Sunday games the football would suddenly be ousted by Gaelic Psalms.)

On Saturday afternoons there is Open All Mics on 103.5-105 and different commentaries on 92-95FM and 810MW - unless Six Nations Rugby takes 94FM. Apart from possible rugby, it's solid football everywhere from around noon until 7pm with frequencies splitting betwen 3 and 3:45 and for the second half. The other SPL games have online commentary.

With only 810MW avaliable at other times, midweek coverage tends to involve a production decision as to what best suits the programme of matches on offer on any evening. That MIGHT be open all mics but it could be a commentary with either updates live from other grounds with reporters or, as was the case tonight, a commentary (Rangers - Killie) with score updates from the commentator and half and full time reports from the other grounds.

Radio Scotland's capacity to cover football on Saturdays is actually quite formidable since apart from the three main frequencies there are also local opt outs which enable Aberdeen games to be covered in that area and also ICT and Gretna when they were in the SPL.

However the schedule is only completely given over to football on Saturday afternoons since it's not realistic to withdraw other programming at other times but 810 on its own can deliver a lot of football as well.

Since I'm on the subject, I might as well mention other BBC football services relevant to ICT fans. The Results Programme on BBC1 at 4:30 on Saturdays includes a match report on any occasion there is also an Open All Mics reporter at any ICT game.

Then there is BBC online which is just on the point of extending its coverage of ICT and indeed also Ross County.

Starting on Friday I will be providing brief written previews with manager quotes for matches involving both Highland teams and also on Saturday evenings from just after six a match report with quotes from whichever of the Highland teams is at home. Away games are often covered already, I understand.

Also don't forget BBC local news bulletins on 92-95 FM in the Highlands and Islands but also obtainable online, especially at 0750 on weekdays where there's a sports report every Monday and Friday plus other midweek coverage as and when.

Lots of ICT from your BBC!

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Yeah MFR are home and away with updates on Moray Firth Radio 1107am every Saturday from 2pm, there's a link to listen online on the matchday threads.

Mid-week games we do team news, HT, FT and goal flashes on every evening show on FM, not as sharp as Open All Mics but you'll always here about your team and post match chat with Terry