FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic Manager Departs

Kingsmills

Just been announced that Celtic anf Tony Mowbray have gone theie separate ways. Neil Lennon anyone ?

Can see them wanting someone with much more experience this time ..... not sure who it would be though. However, as we are throwing names in the hat, how about Roy Aitken !

Edit: Just read on STV website that Neil Lennon has been approached to take charge until the end of the season: http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-prem...-leaves-celtic/

Edited by Scotty

Wikipedia has Neil Lennon as caretaker manager :blink:

Mowbray spent ?10m on Fortune, Fox, Sung Yong, Hooived and prob another ?3m on undisclosed signings, Rasmussen, etc.

They are deep in the mire unless those signings start performing...the biscuit tin must be well and truly empty

It's great!

Just as I hit the return button a long football piece on why Mowbray was never the man for the job

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/blog.php?b=7997

Latest odds:

3/1 Paul Lambert (has said he won't)

5/1 Mark Hughes (doubt he would want it)

13/2 John Hughes (no chance 'coz of current form)

12/1 John Collins (no chance - hasn't done enough)

12/1 Roy Keane (think he will stay at Ipswich through loyalty)

14/1 David Moyes (absolutely no chance)

16/1 Steve Clarke (hmmm, maybe?)

16/1 Avram Grant (be a decent signing - outside chance)

18/1 Alan Curbishley (again? Can't see it)

20/1 Darren Ferguson (not done anything in a bigger league, so no chance)

22/1 BAR (could be someone from here I reckon)

Just as I hit the return button a long football piece on why Mowbray was never the man for the job

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/blog.php?b=7997

Latest odds:

3/1 Paul Lambert (has said he won't)

5/1 Mark Hughes (doubt he would want it)

13/2 John Hughes (no chance 'coz of current form)

12/1 John Collins (no chance - hasn't done enough)

12/1 Roy Keane (think he will stay at Ipswich through loyalty)

14/1 David Moyes (absolutely no chance)

16/1 Steve Clarke (hmmm, maybe?)

16/1 Avram Grant (be a decent signing - outside chance)

18/1 Alan Curbishley (again? Can't see it)

20/1 Darren Ferguson (not done anything in a bigger league, so no chance)

22/1 BAR (could be someone from here I reckon)

Ya forgot Paul Daniels at 20/1

He had to be sacked really. I like him and was all for giving him time, but you can't do as **** as that when spending as much as he has.

Lennon has taken over as said. I bet he will be put in as full time manager to save the club money.

Depends on the attitude of their billionaire backer.

Martin O'Neill?

He said when he left, the only reason for his departure was all to do with his wife's medical problems.

Everyone believed him because hes a class act and left Scottish football on good terms.

His wife did have medical problems but he could hardly say that he was sick of playing against mediocre teams.

Piece of nonsense sacking Mowbray, the guy had them second top of the league,then a few bad results followed by a humiliating doing from a team struggling at the foot of the table and he's oot the door,some fans just expect way too much!! ............................

Piece of nonsense sacking Mowbray, the guy had them second top of the league,then a few bad results followed by a humiliating doing from a team struggling at the foot of the table and he's oot the door,some fans just expect way too much!! ............................

From a Dundee fan who's club sacked there manager 3 points clear the the top of the league and alba cup winners

From a Dundee fan who's club sacked there manager 3 points clear the the top of the league and alba cup winners

WHOOOOOOSH!

Just ignore them, H/Dee.... Fortunately for us the golf season will soon be back in full swing again. That can provide some welcome relief from all the unrelenting tensions associated with promotion and relegation.

Could be a tough year for you and I all the same, now that Tiger's returning to the fray!