FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Will I feck calm down

For five and a half seasons life as an ICT fan was mediocre for me, yes we had SPL football but the highs were few and far between. We had some great results but little expectation of doing anything major, the first half of this season was painful, I had no great belief and an attitude of "lets just get through it" no different to the SPL years. Now though I have a huge belief, a belief which borders on the point of me knowing we are on the verge of our second greatest season ever. I had to endure taunts from C*unty fans, from Caledonian fans who want ICT to die, from Dundee fans so c0cksure of themselves and I have had enough, now I have fellow ICT fans telling me to calm down, we have not won it yet, this is true but I BELIEVE and I am going to enjoy every minute. There is no luck, there is no fate, there are only scientific laws which govern the whole planet, just because I get c0cky no supernatural force is going to prevent what I want from happening all that will stop that is a drop in positive mental attitude in the ICT dressing room. We are the best team in the league, the table is testament to this. There probably is no god so go out and enjoy your life.

WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE, WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE, WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE, and now you have to BELIEVE us WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE.

For five and a half seasons life as an ICT fan was mediocre for me, yes we had SPL football but the highs were few and far between. We had some great results but little expectation of doing anything major, the first half of this season was painful, I had no great belief and an attitude of "lets just get through it" no different to the SPL years. Now though I have a huge belief, a belief which borders on the point of me knowing we are on the verge of our second greatest season ever. I had to endure taunts from C*unty fans, from Caledonian fans who want ICT to die, from Dundee fans so c0cksure of themselves and I have had enough, now I have fellow ICT fans telling me to calm down, we have not won it yet, this is true but I BELIEVE and I am going to enjoy every minute. There is no luck, there is no fate, there are only scientific laws which govern the whole planet, just because I get c0cky no supernatural force is going to prevent what I want from happening all that will stop that is a drop in positive mental attitude in the ICT dressing room. We are the best team in the league, the table is testament to this. There probably is no god so go out and enjoy your life.

WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE, WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE, WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE, and now you have to BELIEVE us WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE.

Sorry mate, I know it's easy to get carried away and even in Glasgow I work beside a tink and a Dundee fan but I'm refraining from celebrations until we have it sealed. Dundee have a better run in than us and play us last game of the season. Remember we have bottled twice against Dundee with 2 goal advantages and last season we were relegated on the last game of the season so... I do not want this to go down to the last game. It's brilliant to enjoy these moments because they can be few and far between but......

WE HAVE WON NOTHING YET

Dont you think its kinda of sad...that the best we can hope for....for all the hard work this season, is to return a league where we will at very best...be a top 6 team. No glory to be had really. Might set us up to reach the odd final, but thats about it. I fear for ya Birdy...coz thats what we ultimatley have to look forward too, IF we go up. Thats the trade of Bud!

Edited by SMEE

Dont you think its kinda of sad...that the best we can hope for....for all the hard work this season, is to return a league where we will at very best...be a top 6 team. No glory to be had really. Might set us up to reach a final, but thats about it. I fear for ya Birdy...coz thats what we ultimatley have to look forward to IF we go up. Thats the trade of Bud!

What is there in football if you don't try and compete in the top division... remember it's not only a massive achievement for the club to be the first in 15 years to bounce straight up to the SPL after relegation but also for the financial aspect of being able to secure a squad for the season to come.

If we stayed in the SFL1 we will lose all our best players and might never be in a position like this again... look at Livi, Dunfermline, Dundee etc.

I expect the SPL format is likely to change in the next few years and I want to be involved in that. If it doesn't work out in the SPL then we'll have plenty of time to compete in the lower leagues of Scottish football

Dont you think its kinda of sad...that the best we can hope for....for all the hard work this season, is to return a league where we will at very best...be a top 6 team. No glory to be had really. Might set us up to reach the odd final, but thats about it. I fear for ya Birdy...coz thats what we ultimatley have to look forward too, IF we go up. Thats the trade of Bud!

Don't worry SMEE when we go up I will enjoy it, I will relish us eating at the top table but there wont be the buzz that comes with challenging for a title, there wont be derby matches with all the venom being traded in the pub before hand then across the pitch and then on the walk home. There will be days when we beat the OF there will be cup runs but there wont be the same level of adrenaline. I hope this is the last time for a long time that we have to go out and win the second string league, I hope we spend more than five seasons at the top but to all the pessimists out there, I will have five weeks more walking on air and living the dream than you will, if I am wrong and crash from my dizzy heights then so be it, at least I was/am there and loving every minute. You guys keep yersel's grounded, I'm going to fly.

to all the pessimists out there, I will have five weeks more walking on air and living the dream than you will, if I am wrong and crash from my dizzy heights then so be it, at least I was/am there and loving every minute. You guys keep yersel's grounded, I'm going to fly.

:lol::lol:

fair enough

Don't worry SMEE when we go up I will enjoy it, I will relish us eating at the top table but there wont be the buzz that comes with challenging for a title, there wont be derby matches with all the venom being traded in the pub before hand then across the pitch and then on the walk home. There will be days when we beat the OF there will be cup runs but there wont be the same level of adrenaline. I hope this is the last time for a long time that we have to go out and win the second string league, I hope we spend more than five seasons at the top but to all the pessimists out there, I will have five weeks more walking on air and living the dream than you will, if I am wrong and crash from my dizzy heights then so be it, at least I was/am there and loving every minute. You guys keep yersel's grounded, I'm going to fly.

I'll have some of that, thanks! :lol:

Like some, I am not going to celebrate until we have actually done it. After last season I am just waiting on the kick in the teeth that I have always feared is around the corner so for now I am going to walk around with a quiet confidence rather than be as cocksure as the Dundee fans you speak of. However, I really really really hope your optimism is far more accurate than my fears and if it does come to pass you can be assured that on both sides of the Atlantic the celebrations will be HUGE.

I hear what you say about the SPL and agree to an extent ... Top 6 would be classed as a very succesful season, and avoiding relegation would be an acceptable one .... its not quite as exciting as sitting atop the table and savouring every moment. However, every team and all the players in those teams want to compete in the top league in their country so that will be my little bit of solace ....... that and the fact that for me (and other ex-pats) there are even more benefits !!! We will once again get to listen to our team online, we may be able to see highlights of some games and hell, some of them may even be carried live (or delayed) on ESPN .... The frustration that some of you feel when you cant get a game on openallmics (like last night) used to be repeated week in and week out for us poor overseas fans and that is definitely one big plus point for us.

I had a fast long winded response written but feck it, if you want to join me in the joy that is sitting top, four points clear and grinding out result after result then go for it. OR you could be like Derrick Adams and keep telling yourself, your team and your fans that you are not capable when you really are. Thank feck we as fans do not have too much influence over the mindset of the players, thank feck we have a manager who can turn negative attitudes into champions otherwise we really would be fecked!

You know what folks...i dont give two hoots what league we are in. My ultimate hope from football is that i am entertained. Yes its a bonus if it happens to be in the top league....but....for me....its entertainment over sucsess....so..i have no problems being in the SPL and not competing for top slot. I was speaking to a few peeps last night...and they were saying how much they enjoyed this season in the First Div.....and i have to.

To back the point i made earlier...about entertainment vs sucsess.....i have , on numerous occasion, cited a DEFEAT for ICT as my most enjoyable game ever (Livi Vs ICT: 1st May 1999).

To back the point i made earlier...about entertainment vs sucsess.....i have , on numerous occasion, cited a DEFEAT for ICT as my most enjoyable game ever (Livi Vs ICT: 1st May 1999).

Yes indeed, this was a classic game despite the loss. I remember that this was the game that Bill Leckie (him again) opened his article with a line something like ..... "The cherry on top of the icing of an already scrumptious cake would have been a Caley equaliser". I think it also looked like a better game to most football fans as it was the same weekend as the OF game where Hugh Dallas got hit by a coin so there were many comparisons made about the OF and these two "young" teams serving up such enjoyable fare.

these two folk didnt seem to enjoy the game though ..... (sorry, had to pull this photo out again :()

post-2-1270045466_thumb.jpg

Like most I can understand Smee's feelings but I'd rather Inverness Caledonian Thistle were 2nd bottom in the SPL than top of the 1st division.

My son said to me after he saw the score last night, " looks like the Caley Jags are going to be in <FIFA 11> now Dad",

and like Scotty says we'll get live games on Sky and ESPN again.

It's the fact we will be (should we win promotion !) in the public eye again.

I desperately want ICT to get in the top flight again.

I must say I also think it's great for Scotland as a country when the Highlands are represented in the top league.

Yes indeed, this was a classic game despite the loss. I remember that this was the game that Bill Leckie (him again) opened his article with a line something like ..... "The cherry on top of the icing of an already scrumptious cake would have been a Caley equaliser". I think it also looked like a better game to most football fans as it was the same weekend as the OF game where Hugh Dallas got hit by a coin so there were many comparisons made about the OF and these two "young" teams serving up such enjoyable fare.

these two folk didnt seem to enjoy the game though ..... (sorry, had to pull this photo out again :lol:)

post-2-1270045466_thumb.jpg

That was an excellent day out. I believe Charlie King was the man that day. I also remember that Chibber and his mates didn't sit on the seats that their tickets said they should. Shame on you.

I thought from day one right through to now, and until it's impossible, that we will win the league. Last season After THAT Hamilton game Chibber declared that he didn't mind going down as we would be the best team again, the league will be more interesting and the admission prices would be cheaper. I say boobies to that and roll on the SPL. If you think about it, whats the point on either of the Old Firm being around? To qualify for the champions league qualifiers, possibly the group stages and by total luck, the last 16? Whats the point on that? At least if we finish anywhere above 7th place it will be a club record for us. Thats something, and if we get relegated again, then we can be the first team to bounce straight back up twice. There's aways something to look forward to when you support a wee (not 'wee', because we are wee) team.