FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

2004 V. 2010

Stevie

I was wondering how our club will perform in the SPL, and I must say I feel this team, if they stay together, will most certainly be safe.

The last time we got promoted I didn't feel particularly confident that they'd stay up.

In my mind this team is stronger physically and could challange for the top six.

So folks what team did you prefer, the 2004 or the 2010 ?

Edited by Stevie

Had you asked earlier in the season I'd have said the team of '03/'04 would have thumped this team in the same way we thumped Ayr yesterday. Now I honestly believe that it'd be a very close faught affair.

quite hard to compare the two i think. the 04 team were challenging most of the year. the 10 team was out of it first half of the season and then went on an amazing run.

would be interesting to see a match between the two when they were both in the prime. similar systems to an extent. both have done the club proud though and go down in the history books

I reckon the better footballing side was the 2004 one. Better team, better players, better football. Can't much away from the current team though, as coming back in the way they did is an outstanding achievement.

Strangely enough, I was just checking the table for 2004 to see how we compared.

We have scored two more points at present and our goal difference now is plus 39 compared to plus 32 in 2004

I reckon we had a better defence then, but our strikers are better quality now. Hayes may well be the best winger we have ever had.