FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Invitation to Inverness Courier

CELTIC1CALEY3

Will the Editor please speak to whoever continues to peddle the assumption that Mark Brown is most likely to be our first full Internationalist. Please ask him to venture under the Bridge around the corner to Caledonian Stadium to check whether Richard Hastings became our first full Internationalist. If the Courier mean Scottish, please insert that in future reports to correct a recurring error. Then for good measure, add 'whilst playing for the Club' so that our neighbours can appreciate that McSwegan, a former Scottish Internationalist, is not the first Internationalist to play for us. And for good measure, please ensure you state professional because Richie Hart is a Semi-Professional Internationalist.

To be fair to the courier, I think Mark Brown WILL be the first ICT player to be called up to the SCOTLAND international squad but I agree with those that say he is not our first international player.

Richard Hastings is the ONLY player that we could claim to be an "ICT" internationalist given that he was at ICT when first called up for Canada. You could argue that Xausa was another "ICT Internationalist" but he was already a Canadian international when he arrived although he did gain a number of international caps when at ICT.

All other players at ICT who possessed full international caps had long finished their international careers before arriving at ICT so we cant claim them as 'ICT' internationals (eg. Duncan Shearer, Nicky Walker, Sergei Baltacha, Gary McSwegan etc.).

I would also say that U19, U21, 'B' Caps, 'Future Squad' games etc are immaterial when discussing this and 'semi-pro' smacks of straws and clutching  :015: :015:.