FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Chick Young @ World Cup

kencar

I was amazed to discover today that Chick Young will be in South Africa to cover the World Cup for BBC Scotland.

Anyone care to explain why?

Last I checked we hadn't qualified and I'm sure the Beeb will have an army or reporters out there without this idiot getting an all expenses paid 4 week holiday :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chick has an Algerian great-grandmother on his mothers side and a Slovenian Uncle on his fathers side. I'm sure he'll be checking his geneology for more distant relatives as the tournament progresses but hopefully he won't need to. :)

This is why some of us refrain from buying a TV licence.

Chick Young, whether you like or loathe him, is employed by the BBC as a football reporter. If they choose to send him to report on the WC then so be it. He's getting paid so may as well make use of him. Think BBC Scotland have sent him to support ABE.

What is the big problem with Chick Young? Is it because he's got a name thats easy to remember? what has he actually done wrong? Same with Hansen. what makes these two stand out from other members of the media?

What is the big problem with Chick Young? Is it because he's got a name thats easy to remember? what has he actually done wrong? Same with Hansen. what makes these two stand out from other members of the media?

Hansen refers to the english as we and us so he's quite easy for a Scotsman to dislike . Chicks just a wee hun thats not got the balls to admit it .

England are from the same country as Scotland so I can see where Hansen coming from, and Chic Young is only associated with rangers because of only an excuse.

Seems things have changed radically since I did higher geography three decades ago. My memory is now failing with middle age but I distinctly remember England and Scotland being separate countries back then !

Are both not part of the UK? Regardless of user name, or the era in which you attended geography lessons, I'm sure you must be aware of this........ the amount of planes i've missed franticly searching my flat looking for my Scottish passport is ridiculous. It never turns up!!!

I suppose if Chick Young is getting slagged off then our own DoF will be getting less hassle.

Some folk are no happy unless they are unhappy.

Hansen refers to the english as we and us so he's quite easy for a Scotsman to dislike . Chicks just a wee hun thats not got the balls to admit it .

Chick is a saint mirren fan. to keep calling him that is to behave like a paranoid celtic fan

England are from the same country as Scotland so I can see where Hansen coming from, and Chic Young is only associated with rangers because of only an excuse.

No they aren't.

The uk is a soverign state which consists of four seperate countries. Scotland and England entered into a Union and did not become one country. So England are not from the same country as Scotland.

A soverign state is a country no? The UK is a nation, a nation is a country. Scotland and England share a prime minister, does that not mean we're the same country.

Alex, this stuff happens all the time, and there's only so far you can tale a topic on Chick Young.

I read yesterday the BBC will have 295 employees costing over ?2 million working for them at the World Cup but they still need Chick!!

As previously suggested I guess he is going as a BBC reporter and not as BBC Scotland?s football correspondent. I?m sure given his journalistic skills he?ll be tasked with the high profile job giving us the inside info on the Honduras squad. Of course he is also presenting 2 world cup specials for Radio Scotland which I?ll be interested to see how they justify - tenuous players who play for SPL sides interviews I'd imagine!

Once again i am utterly astounded at the garbage i am reading on this forum.

I bet the people slating Chick Young on this the thread are the same people who will be complaining at the likes of excessive use of reference to The 1966 World Cup. I would be disappointed if there was not a representative from the Scottish media at the world cup, this way we at least will get a small Scottish perspective from the coverage of the world cup.

I am starting to find reading this forum more and more painful due to the constant moaning and whining about almost everything from some individuals on here.

Firstly, Scotland and England are NOT the same country.

Secondly, Chick Young is not a Closet hun as there are clearly pictures of him wearing Rangers tops. Showing to us he is no longer really in the closet about it. Just in Denial.

Thirdly, why not send Jim Traynor? Fair enough, he is a bit of a tool. But he is comical!