FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pam Schriber

Laurence

Hi

Having seen Pam on TV today, I was remined of an event that occured on East Croydon Railway Station about ten years ago

I had put my case down on a seat that was placed back to back with another seat, hard to describe but each seat was facing a different platform.

As my train came in, I turned and bent down to get my case. At the same time exactly a lady on the other seat turned and stared to pick up her case. Both our heads were bowed as we bent down.

As I lfted my head up I saw the most striking coat imaginable opposite me, It was bright red , with military style black fastennings across. As I lifted my head further and stood up so did the owner of the coat, she appeared over 6 foot tall, and was as striking as you could imagine. Our faces were about two foot from each other, and she smiled at me.

I turned around and caught my train.

A couple of days later I was watching the Wimbedon broadcast, the presener Pam Schriber came on wearing the same coat. I realised then who I had briefly met on East Croyden station.

Hi

Having seen Pam on TV today, I was remined of an event that occured on East Croydon Railway Station about ten years ago

I had put my case down on a seat that was placed back to back with another seat, hard to describe but each seat was facing a different platform.

As my train came in, I turned and bent down to get my case. At the same time exactly a lady on the other seat turned and stared to pick up her case. Both our heads were bowed as we bent down.

As I lfted my head up I saw the most striking coat imaginable opposite me, It was bright red , with military style black fastennings across. As I lifted my head further and stood up so did the owner of the coat, she appeared over 6 foot tall, and was as striking as you could imagine. Our faces were about two foot from each other, and she smiled at me.

I turned around and caught my train.

A couple of days later I was watching the Wimbedon broadcast, the presener Pam Schriber came on wearing the same coat. I realised then who I had briefly met on East Croyden station.

Impressive.

Now if it had been Pam Shriver or Maria Schrarabova...that would've been a story!

If you really want me to bore you I can tell you about when I had a pint with Bobby moore and didn't know it.

Did you notice whether you had any jewellery missing?

Well the story goes like this

I think it was in 1968 - West Ham had been playing at Blackburn. Blackburn had a very nice night club call the Carleton, I sometimes popped in there for a pint afterwork. The bar was deserted because Bob Monkhouse was on and most people had gone to watch him. I was having my pint, when a friendly blonde guy started chatting to me,( no not like that, before you start). He asked if it was a good club, and was there much going on. I just chatted on about this and that. I realised he was some sort of cockney or Essex type, but I didn't think much about it. After a while a few more guys came in very loud and in your face types ( The West ham united team ) , I still didn't twig, about my drinking partner, untill I saw a look of pain cross his face. I thought after he was glad of a bit of piece and quiet, which was now gone, after , this unruly mob came in, with most of the waitresses , I might add. Not for me this sort of carry on, so I said my farewells to Mr Moore and left to play the tables before I went home. I must mention he was a very friendly nice bloke, quiiet spoken, and glad not to be reconised.

The little chap in the middle was the fullback Charles, funnily enough he was the one I reconised, I said "are you footballers"?, he replied in a very rude way, I shall not repeat.

post-5327-1277998602.jpg

Edited by Laurence

If you really want me to bore you I can tell you about when I had a pint with Bobby moore and didn't know it.

I think it was in 1968 - West Ham had been playing at Blackburn. Blackburn had a very nice night club call the Carleton, I sometimes popped in there for a pint afterwork. The bar was deserted because Bob Monkhouse was on and most people had gone to watch him. I was having my pint, when a friendly blonde guy started chatting to me,( no not like that, before you start). He asked if it was a good club, and was there much going on. I just chatted on about this and that. I realised he was some sort of cockney or Essex type, but I didn't think much about it. After a while a few more guys came in very loud and in your face types ( The West ham united team ) , I still didn't twig, about my drinking partner, untill I saw a look of pain cross his face. I thought after he was glad of a bit of piece and quiet, which was now gone, after , this unruly mob came in, with most of the waitresses , I might add. Not for me this sort of carry on, so I said my farewells to Mr Moore and left to play the tables before I went home. I must mention he was a very friendly nice bloke, quiiet spoken, and glad not to be reconised.

The little chap in the middle was the fullback Charles, funnily enough he was the one I reconised, I said "are you footballers"?, he replied in a very rude way, I shall not repeat.

Did you lose any jewellery though :lol: :crazy03:

I thought women wore Jewellery - certainly not me. A crappy old watch maybe. I know there was some acusation in Mexico about Mooore, but I don't think there was any foundation in the story.

I thought women wore Jewellery - certainly not me. A crappy old watch maybe. I know there was some acusation in Mexico about Mooore, but I don't think there was any foundation in the story.

Pretty sure Mr Mooore was jailed for 3 years for that offence...

Full story here...

I had a look through the web

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Moore

Nothing about a conviction

Can I squash that alegation

Correct, no conviction.

I too had a look, well OK jus one google search for "bobby moore convicted"

The Colombians appeared to buckle under immense pressure.

UK confidential.

:moon2: