FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

League Prediction

Harry Chibber

131 members have voted

1. 1. What position in the league will ICT finish?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • 8th
    • 9th
    • 10th
    • 11th
    • 12th

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Dundee Utd

4. Hearts

5. Hibs

6. Motherwell

7. St Johnstone

8. ICT

9. Aberdeen

10. Hamilton

11. Cowdenbeath (St Mirren)

12. Kilmarnock

Too many untried Cowden players, so

12. St Mirren

No pangs of conscience about predicting your old team will go down?...

I'd much rather they stayed up. Most of my family still support them and I'm not averse to a game when in town but a rookie manager in the SPL (and not that experienced elsewhere), plus lower SFL signings? Doesn't look good. D. Lennon needs to learn some anti-football (unfortunately) to get the best out of a Dorman-less Saints. It's going to be very tough. I can only see the Accies being as bad but Billy Reid knows how to scrap and, presumably, has money in the bank.

I think we have a fairly settled side and could finish 5th which is what I voted for. Haven't done prediction for the rest of the league cos i couldn't really give a ratrs a*se. It will be between the old scum for title no doubt.

Never really understood that kind of attitude. I think it's all fascinating (bit of league restructuring and it could be even better, mind). Although I reserve my right to say "I don't really follow the minor leagues" when Dundee and County supporters come on :_wink:

I'd much rather they stayed up. Most of my family still support them and I'm not averse to a game when in town but a rookie manager in the SPL (and not that experienced elsewhere), plus lower SFL signings? Doesn't look good. D. Lennon needs to learn some anti-football (unfortunately) to get the best out of a Dorman-less Saints. It's going to be very tough. I can only see the Accies being as bad but Billy Reid knows how to scrap and, presumably, has money in the bank.

I think it will be tough for Saints, but Killie have been pretty poor for a couple of seasons now, probably can't afford to strengthen in January if they are near the bottom, and have exchanged a manager who has a decent record in the SPL for one who struggled badly last time he had the chance. Added to that, there's a good chance they will lose Craig Bryson, probably their best player. Maybe I've underestimated Mixu and maybe they'll see a bounce under him, but I could see them going down.

Edited by alternative maryhill

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Dundee U

4. Hibs

5. Motherwell

6. Hearts

7. St Johnstone

8. Aberdeen

9 Hamilton

10. ICT

11. St Mirren

12. Kilmarnock

This has a pretty boring normality to it. What Scottish football needs is for someone to get amongst the old firm but I can't see it happening. But ICT ending up ahead of the Dons would be a good step in upsetting the old order.

If Hearts can land Bryson, plus a striker, I think they can challenge the OF. Rangers will be more hard to beat than all-out winners, so might drop points when last year, they would have got a 1-0. Celtic are the great unknowns. Will Hooper and Murphy be up to it? So, it's possible.

For Killie, I thought they had a better squad than is showing up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilmarnock_F.C.#Current_squad

I wasn't aware they had lost so many players. Prior to this season, I've been surprised they've been down in the relegation mire with players like Wright, Pascali, Hammill, Kyle, Fernandez, Taouil and, best keeper in the SPL last season, Bell. I guess some of them are gone, plus no Maguire or Severin on loan and some other decent, if not great, players like Skelton and Ford moving on. If they don't add to that threadbare squad, it might well be the death knell for them.

much rather they stayed up. Most of my family still support them and I'm not averse to a game when in town but a rookie manager in the SPL (and not that experienced elsewhere), plus lower SFL signings? Doesn't look good. D. Lennon needs to learn some anti-football (unfortunately) to get the best out of a Dorman-less Saints. It's going to be very tough. I can only see the Accies being as bad but Billy Reid knows how to scrap and, presumably, has money in the bank.

Rookie manager???.........Robertson, Brewster, Christie......didn't do that bad at the time!!

How about bolding the whole quote for a start? "a rookie manager in the SPL (and not that experienced elsewhere), plus lower SFL signings"

Different situations as none of them took over a club that was already struggling. Robbo got a club going places, promoted. Brew and Christie had to sustain a club confident of survival.

Saints without Dorman are always going to struggle to survive. Billy Reid had to change his whole philosophy at Accies but had some terrific players. Can Lennon do that whilst signing Cowden players? I doubt it.

And it's always a risk taking on a rookie manager. You might get the next Alex Ferguson but you might get another Maurice Malpas (sorry, but it's true). We were lucky Brew was still playing first time around, otherwise I think 1 out of those might not be on your list.

How about bolding the whole quote for a start? "a rookie manager in the SPL (and not that experienced elsewhere), plus lower SFL signings"

Different situations as none of them took over a club that was already struggling. Robbo got a club going places, promoted. Brew and Christie had to sustain a club confident of survival.

Saints without Dorman are always going to struggle to survive. Billy Reid had to change his whole philosophy at Accies but had some terrific players. Can Lennon do that whilst signing Cowden players? I doubt it.

And it's always a risk taking on a rookie manager. You might get the next Alex Ferguson but you might get another Maurice Malpas (sorry, but it's true). We were lucky Brew was still playing first time around, otherwise I think 1 out of those might not be on your list.

St Mirren are doomed. Danny Lennon has signed 4 Cowdenbeath players, 1 Queen of the South player and an Ayr keeper. I had my doubts when he was appointed but these signings have got to seal his fate. As well as losing Mehmet and Dorman they have no real chance of staying up unless someone else massively underachieves this season. Even the buddies think they'll go down this year.

1. rangers

2. Hearts

3. celtic

4. Dundee United

5. St Johnstone

6 Caley Thistle

7 motherwell

8 Hibs

9 Hamilton

10 Aberdeen

11 St Mirren

12 Killie

Scots cup Celtic

League cup R angers

Challenge cup Queen of the South

furthest in europe Celtic

embarrasment in europe Rangers

4th. I'm surprised at a lot of people guesstimating Rangers to finish top. Not sure where their goals will come from - but never mind. I'm pleased to see a lot of folk estimating we'll be top six - I feel I got shot down at the end of the season for suggesting it.

1. Dundee United

2. Rangers

3. Celtic

4. Us

5. Hearts

6. Hibs

7. St Johnstone

8. Motherwell

9. Kilmarnock

10. Hamilton

11. St Mirren

12. Aberdeen

4th. I'm surprised at a lot of people guesstimating Rangers to finish top. Not sure where their goals will come from - but never mind. I'm pleased to see a lot of folk estimating we'll be top six - I feel I got shot down at the end of the season for suggesting it.

1. Dundee United

2. Rangers

3. Celtic

4. Us

5. Hearts

6. Hibs

7. St Johnstone

8. Motherwell

9. Kilmarnock

10. Hamilton

11. St Mirren

12. Aberdeen

:rotflmao:

• Disagree 2

Aberdeen at 16/1 for the drop is worth a punt.

Not for me , if they sign Hendrie and Hartley I'd expect them to finish top 6 .

The rules would get changed to keep them up anyway .

The papers are reporting signing Hartley means missing out on Hendrie. A midfield with Hendrie and Hartley could have saved McGhee's season. Hartley alone? A struggle against relegation. 9th or 10th this season.

Yeah right! Aberdeen need to be relegated in order to restructure their wage system. There's no chance of Celtic winning the league under Lennon DalneighCaley. They can't even beat county mun!

"restructure their wage system" , what are you on about ? As for Celtic not winning the league I'll bet you anything you want that they finish above Dundee Utd .

Yeah right! Aberdeen need to be relegated in order to restructure their wage system. There's no chance of Celtic winning the league under Lennon DalneighCaley. They can't even beat county mun!

"restructure their wage system" , what are you on about ? As for Celtic not winning the league I'll bet you anything you want that they finish above Dundee Utd .

Aberdeen FC needs a major shake-up and their fans need to realise where their club is financially. How much do you want to bet on the United / Celtic scenario? ?50 say?