FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Queens

Renegade

With the first competitive game just a couple of days away, it's time for the first competitive "Team for..." thread of the year. For me, I'm going with a straight 4-4-2 formation (remember that Hayes, Foran and Proctor are out injured) -

Esson

Tokely---Innes---Munro---McBain

Odhiambo---Cox---Duncan---Shinnie

Blumenshtein---Rooney

Subs - Tuffey, Golabek, McCann, Sutherland, Sanchez

----------------------------------------------ESSON---------------------------------------

MCCANN-------------------TOKELY---------------MUNRO-------------GOLABEK

--------------------------------DUNCAN---------------COX------------------------------

BLUMANSHTEIN-----------------------------------------------------------SHINNIE

------------------------------------------ODHIAMBO------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------ROONEY---------------------------------------

Same formation as we're still playing a Division One team. I'm assuming Rooney isn't 100%, so a place on the bench.

Esson

Tokely - Innes - Munro - Golabek

Cox - Duncan

Ross - Gil - Shinnie

Sutherland

Subs: Tuffey; McCann; Odi; McBain; Rooney

Unfortunately Tokely's at RB due to lacklustre reports about McCann and good ones for Innes. Really this is a chance to shine for Ross, Sutherland and Shinnie. If they're out of their depth against Queens, then what hope in the SPL. It's either Odi or Sanchez for the bench, with Odi doing better in pre-season, so gets the nod.

• Agree 1

Ok i think we need a strong 11 out for this one. We can't afford any slip ups and i want a good cup run this year. Its been far too long since we were at Hampden and i seen Queens put us out of the cup once before after Bobby Mann missed a penalty, cannot happen again!

----------------------------------------Esson------------------------------------------

Tokely ----------------Munro--------------------Innes-----------------Golabek

---------------------------Cox---------------------Duncan---------------------------

--------Odhiambo---------------Sanchez----------------Blumstein-----------

---------------------------------- ---Rooney------------------------------------------

Subs

Tuffey, McCann, McBain, Ross, Sutherland

Esson

Tokely - Innes - Munro - Golabak

Duncan - Cox

Ross - Odhiambo - Sutherland

Rooney

i expect Tel to go with a mix with experience at the back and give ross and suthy a test of competitive football before spl starts

Tuffey

Tokely, Innes, Munro, Golabek

Cox, Duncan

Ross, Blumanshtein, Sutherland

Rooney

subs: Esson, McCann, Mcbain, Sanchez, Odhiambo.

Interesting to see only 2 line ups with Tuffey in goal..

I'd got with:

Tuffey

McCann Tokely Munro Golabek

Ross Duncan Cox Sanchez

Sutherland Rooney

Bench: Esson, Innes, Morrison, Bluhmanshtein, Odhiambo

Interesting to see only 2 line ups with Tuffey in goal..

I'd got with:

Tuffey

McCann Tokely Munro Golabek

Ross Duncan Cox Sanchez

Sutherland Rooney

Bench: Esson, Innes, Morrison, Bluhmanshtein, Odhiambo

Both keepers are great in and have differing strenghs. It's a oughie though.

I think some people have forgotten that Odhiambo is mediocre at best when played in the "hole".

In that case, though, why risk him wide right, as you have him in your original post? I don't remember him making too many effective crosses in any games I've seen him in. FWIW I think he came on to a wee bit of a game in the "hole" towards the end of last season, although I still prefer Sanchez there for his passing ability.

Having said that, I've not seen any pre-season games, so I don't really know who I'd play in the wide positions with Hayes and Foran out.

I think some people have forgotten that Odhiambo is mediocre at best when played in the "hole".

In that case, though, why risk him wide right, as you have him in your original post? I don't remember him making too many effective crosses in any games I've seen him in. FWIW I think he came on to a wee bit of a game in the "hole" towards the end of last season, although I still prefer Sanchez there for his passing ability.

Having said that, I've not seen any pre-season games, so I don't really know who I'd play in the wide positions with Hayes and Foran out.

Wide Right is Odhiambo's natural position. He's also got the speed to be effective there, which he couldn't use in the "hole" and has played better there every time I've seen him (which is a couple).

Guest Mahonio

Tuffey

McCann, Innes, Munro, Gillet

Ross, Duncan, Cox, Blumenshtein

Sanchez

Rooney.

So, it will be same formation as Stockport game with only changes being Tuffey instead of Esson, Gillet for Tokely and Rooney for Sutherland.

Both keepers are great in and have differing strenghs. It's a toughie though.

Ba doom boom tish.

Agree with Renegade, Odihambo needs to be played outwide or upfront where he can get the room to make runs and get into space, otherwise he'll be virtually ineffective. For this reason I've chosen Sutherland to partner Rooney upfront. Also think he's put more effort in from what I've seen in pre-season and deserves a chance against a team like Queens, as I dont know will he given much of a chance in the SPL. This would be the perfect game for him to stake a claim for himself. Think with the likes of Ross, Sutherland and Cox it's a good mix of youth in there aswell to give them a chance to prove themselves against lower league oppo.

Tuffey

Sanchez

Rooney.

So, it will be same formation as Stockport game with only changes being Tuffey instead of Esson, Gillet for Tokely and Rooney for Sutherland.

Gillet will start, so will Rooney, think Rossco will be on at LB, and Esson may well be on.

Anyway, nice to a game on saturday, beats the hell out of shopping/gardening eh.

Tuffey

Sanchez

Rooney.

Gillet will start, so will Rooney, think Rossco will be on at LB, and Esson may well be on.

Anyway, nice to a game on saturday, beats the hell out of shopping/gardening eh.

Why will Gillet start yet Tokely's at LB? :_doh:

Edited by ICTFCkev

Following our most recent signing i shall revise my line up to the following:

Esson

McCann---Tokely---Munro---Gillet*

Duncan---Cox

Ross---------------------------------Blumanshtein

Sanchez

Rooney

* providing he gets clearance in time