FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Pies

Oldken27

Will the matchday pies be any better this season and will the prices be hiked up again for the SPL?

Last season pies were of a dubious quality!

neksor

My only home game last season was against Dundee on the last day but being too excited i forgot to buy anything, I'm looking forward to testing the catering to see what all the fuss is with queues and quality.

Will the matchday pies be any better this season and will the prices be hiked up again for the SPL?

neksor

As far as im aware....we are still with the same catering company....which means unless they have changed suppliers, it will be the same fare on offer again...at probably much inflated prices. Never quite understood why an SPL pie should cost more than an SFL pie...but there you have it.

neksor

My only home game last season was against Dundee on the last day but being too excited i forgot to buy anything, I'm looking forward to testing the catering to see what all the fuss is with queues and quality.

I made a couple of visits to TCS last season, and to tell you the truth, I enjoyed the pies at the ground. Admittedly I didn't cue or pay for them as Mrs Dude is handy for that sort of thing :_thumbup: . But the actual pies were very good.

the lines were terrible! make sure you eat something before the game and get a drink before kick off or a cheeky wee hip flask of water as they dont have enough folk on for A STADIUM OF PEOPLE! D'oh!

I made a couple of visits to TCS last season, and to tell you the truth, I enjoyed the pies at the ground.

I get the impression that you just enjoy pies, full stop! When I saw you at the last game of the season you had 2 in each hand!

Heston Blumental will be producing them. The new menu is a snail and porridge pie, compote of crows breast and nuclear distilled yoghurt in a bridie and Bovril reduced to a steam.

Have a greeny, sir. Maybe a seaweed sorbet, using seasonal bladder wrack sourced right on the doorstep, for dessert?

Werent the Caterers trying to tell us the pies were national award winning paes? Having sampled them, i find it rather difficult to believe.

The best quality pies will still taste **** if the people cooking them are not good at what they do !!!

£2.10 for a steak pie 20p dearer than last year drink prices up too. 2 pies a tea and coke £8 plus :_chaching:

A bit like BMO field for Toronto FC where a beer is $13 for a pint, its $5 for a slice of pizza or $4 for curry fries (small) ...... I vote with my wallet and dont pay those exorbitant prices. If you choose to pay the prices they quote then you cannot really complain about them.

t's a poor reflection on the club continuing to allow this company to 'provide' the catering. Doesn't say much in terms of what they think of us the paying punters. Come the Celtic game it'll be chaos trying to get a pie

The only solution is to stop going to their stall. Go to the van. Things would soon change then. As it is, pies are hardly on the club's priority list, and the caterers just provide mass factory muck at high a 400% mark up, and it gets sold out, no incentive for them to change.

^ Yeah....a lesson we could learn from the french....if they dont like something....they boycott/protest en masse and get things changed. In this country...we tend to mump and moan about things, yet allow things to carry on as before...quite often paying money into the coffers at the same time. The end result....nothing changes!

Edited by SMEE

?3.60 for a pie and a tea!

Definately over priced for a pensioner like me.

Although the pie was quite tasty!

Unless I win the centenary Club monthly prize this will be the last visit to buy a pie.

Where does all the increase and profit go? to the club or to the franchisee?

The club need to consider their customers -we are not cash cows!

neksor