FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ref. for Saturday

Libero

I don't understand how he gave Celtic a free kick after Hayes was tripped on the edge of the box in the 1st minute. Presumably he thought it was a dive..... looking at the tv replays in slow motion it looked like a clear penalty to me.

I thought the ref was shocking today. Isn't it great to be back playing against the Old Firm and the biased refs?! _angry1.gifI've just watched the highlights of the game and how Samaras wasn't booked for three blatant handballs is unbelievable. Mulgrew also got away with a lot too much and obviously realised that Hayes was going to have him down the wing every time, so decided to remind Hayes that he was there, Both Samaras and Mulgrew should have at least been on yellows by half-time. As for Hayes being brought back down in the first minute of the match, i initially thought it was at least a throw in to us but it was unbelievable to see how the ref saw anything that Hayes had done wrong! He couldn't have done anything to get out of the defenders way and having seen it again it should have been a free kick on the edge of the box and possibly a penalty. Horrendous refereeing and the linesman at the main stand side wasn't much better with the amount of offsides he missed! Shocking and lets just hope we get a little more luck in the future.

Here we are again, when all else fails, blame the ref. If you really thought he was shocking today, prepare yourself for a very long, disappointing season. There will be much worse to come. For my money, the ref today had a good game.

I really don't see how what you're suggesting here is relevent?

We were beaten by a single superb effort. What is being said here is that the referee was extremely poor. He's not being blamed for anything - yet you see fit to jump to that conclusion?

you have it exactly right. Where does anyone say it was the ref's fault we lost? He was shocking ! gave us nothing all day. Hayes gets obliterated a minute in and it's their free kick? eh, No!! 3 Samaras 3 blatant hand balls nothing doing. Say no more

gave us nothing all day.

Not quite true. Samaras was clearly brought down just outside our box in the first half but we got a free kick for him handling the ball when he was on the ground. Probably the worst refereeing moment of the game, but on the plus side that incident caused Lennon to get lectured by by the ref.

Murray was, as I predicted, abysmal. Mind you, his stand side assistant was also useless. Highlight of his day was Samaras and Munro jumping for a header together only for the greasy Greek to shove Munro, mid air, right in front of the linesman who gave nothing.

They had no real influence on the result but it was frustrating to see so many obvious fouls not given or not being punished accordingly.

Murray was, as I predicted, abysmal. Mind you, his stand side assistant was also useless. Highlight of his day was Samaras and Munro jumping for a header together only for the greasy Greek to shove Munro, mid air, right in front of the linesman who gave nothing.

They had no real influence on the result but it was frustrating to see so many obvious fouls not given or not being punished accordingly.

I agree with you about the linesman i think that they are too scared (i know scared aint the right word but you get the idea) to tell the ref wether there is a foul or not