FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

a question of sport

bishbashbosh

As an englishman relatively new in the area i can agree that coverage of Scottish football in England goes as far as Celtic and Rangers.m Listen to 5 Live or talksport and the only results or fixtures they read out on bulletins are those of the Old Firm. Therefore, coverage of 1st, 2nd and 3rd division football is non existent! I have no idea who won the 2nd or 3rd division in scotland last season. I still couldnt name all the clubs in the 1st division. So although these sportsmen "should" know the 1st Division Scottish Champs, it doesnt surprise me that they dont.

And think about the fact it was even a question at all on the show. If it was obvious they would never have used it.

Hopefully though, if performances continue in the vain of Sundays, everyone will know who Terry Butcher is the manager of down south!

I could name 2 teams promoted from the english third division off the top of my head and if I thought about it probably from last season too. I don't know this because the BBC or 5 Live or anyone else have spoon fed me this information, I know it because I like football and take an interest in what is going on in the world of football. Those making a living from the game (like coleman) should have a better knowledge of the game not only in the UK but in europe than me. So I will respectfully have to disagree with you Mr. Blade!

It's an indication of highly (or otherwise, to be precise) Scottish football is thought of down south.

SPL results come after those of the Conference on the BBC, and anyone still listening by that point will probably stop as soon as the infirm results are announced.

As you say, those earning a living from the game should have a good working knowledge of the game in both the UK and abroad. Which probably explains Mr Coleman's less than stellar managerial career to date.

To be honest, when I first saw the name 'Coleman', I thought 'When did he start presenting QoS again?', which would expalin a lot!