FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Weekly rant about scotsport

Libero

Now someone correct me if i am speaking out of turn here but i am currently watching scotsport and am a little perturbed. As i sky subscriber i am able to see a synopsis of each programme thats on, scotsport is described as: Jim Delahunt presents full highlights coverage and all the latest news and views from the bank of scotland premier league. Where in that synopsis does it say the programme will feature constant reference to and previews of european football? I understand that the majority of viewers of scotsport will be old firm fans but first and foremost the programme should be about scottish football and not european football! Even the competition prize is tickets to a european game, mind you it makes a change from a premiership game!

Dont even get me started on that Andy Walker and his continual central belt bias!

Rant over.

views?

I have been known to use ergo in the past.  :004:

There are dedicated champions league and UEFA Cup programmes for previews and european related stories so why fill a show supposedly there to air scottish football with european football?

I dont mind enjoy watching european football and previews and the usual media hype and if it were shown on a general football show then fine however for me scotsport should be as its synopsis outlines - presenting highlights, coverage and views on scottish football!

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Agree with you Lib, anyway nowadays we can use these forums to get back at them, there's a name for us, user something or other and you know that all those journos scan these football forums so your rant won't go unnoticed, keep up the good work, ergo it won't be wasted.

You see how the Courier prints some of our posts on a Friday, well how come we don't get paid for them or at least get a freebie yet the scoop who copies them gets paid?

And I bet they don't print this!

OK, I agree with your point but I'd hardly say the show was full of European football. It was mostly this weekend's SPL action with a wee bit about Celtic's next opponents.

I don't normally defend Scotsport, but as it's such a fragile show anyway, I feel your complaint is a wee bit exaggerated.

Ok i take on board that i have may exaggerated the extent of the coverage of european football but the crux of my argument remains.

While on the point of exaggeration, the scotsport presenters last night i felt clearly showed a flair for exaggeration with their views on how the win at ibrox was almost solely down to poor rangers play rather than resolute Caley defending and a well deployed tactic. If these wanna be sports pundits can exaggerate to their hearts desire then why not Joe Punter having a rant on an internet forum?

Guest kingkojak

I was half watching it, half speaking to my flat mate, but from what I can gather, they didn't mention Caley once after the highlights.

caley did get credit for the way they played immediately after the highlights finished but it was pretty brief. 

the show is a complete farce - i can appreciate that the producers need the show to make money via the competition but they waste too much time on it and the euro coverage.  if they want to dedicate time to the euro ties then it should be at the end of the show after every spl game has been highlighted!

Today's Scotsman has a cracking article by Alan Patullo slagging off the new set up.  Sorry I can't add the clicky link as it will cost me £29.99 to join the Scotsman Prem club.

As well as Andy walker's poor reading of the autocue and the late running causing many viewers to fall asleep before their team comes on, it mentions the discussion with Graham Spiers about David Fernandez playing like a girl degenerating to the point that Grant Stott got to mention girls breasts on his first show.

Someone teach Andy Walker to look at the right camera  :006:

Classic stuff during the Celtic-Benfica game from Archie McPherson though

Archie: It's paradoxical that Celtic bought Vennegor of Hesselink for the Champions League only for him not to have played a game

Walker: Apart from the game at Old Trafford, where he scored the first goal

Archie: Yes, er, well, um, no games at Parkhead

Archie: A good ball in their from Nakmamara... [whoooooooooo?]

Archie: I think Maloney's held on to the ball just too long for this chance...

[Maloney plays perfect pass to Miller who bangs it in]

Archie: er, goal!

:015: :015: Brilliant...!! I was watching it on Sky to get away from Archie & Andy....

Reminds me of a game in the mid-nineties... Falkirk were playing Dunfermline, and Archie & Davie Provan were doing the commentary for Radio Clyde.......

Archie : OOOhh... here's Andy Smith with a chance....wooooooffff... what a shot - what a goal... 1-0 Dunfermline...... Oh no - what's happening... The ref's indicating a free kick to Falkirk... must have been offside although I don't think the linesman had his flag up..... strange one that....

Provan : The ball hit the side netting Archie.... It's a goal kick to Falkirk....!!!!