FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V Falkirk (matchday thread)

Scotty

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time Falkirk were here in the cup defeat, I remember thinking that both sides were p*sh. I was very surprised how good they were today. Their strikers in particular had to be well watched. I didnt think we did that badly in the first half, apart from losing the goals, but the old probelsm were there. Most notably the lack of a good finish or final ball.

I was well thrilled when the subs came on, make or break, it seemed to us to be gamble, if that was the case well done CC. BUt you culd see from the last few minutes from the Dunfermline game, 92nd minute winner, that the lesser league teams don't like being run at. It was good that CC took that on board.

Hart was a wonder on the left - why dont we play him instead of Hasting every week? Wyness let the class out, and Rankine looked well-chuffed to have arrived. Well done that man. But also a word for Barry Wilson who still can cut it, despite loking pretty puffed at the end.

I had begun to think that the Brewster "fitness revolution" was over, but now I am not so sure. More of the same next week, just without the two goal start, and who knows what our league placing will be on Saturday night.

Loser of the day: the chap beside me who left after the Falkirk second went in . Fat ladies and singing and that...

I have a major complaint to make to anyone in admin.

I went to the player of the year section of the site to post my 3 best players of the day and to my dismay it wouldn't let me give 5,3 and 1 points to the Falkirk keeper. This is something that should be amended immediately as he was by far our best player today  :003:

2 reasons why we won today.

1st: Latapy ran out of steam. When his legs went they had no way of getting the ball forward. Without him they seem to struggle.

2nd: The keeper had a mare! Welcome back any time mate. You were shocking!

MoM - Despite losing I thought it would have gone to Latapy who was excellent. Completely ran the game. If we could have taken him out earlier by man marking or whatever the result might have been more comfortable. A lesson surely for the next game.

I have a major complaint to make to anyone in admin. I went to the player of the year section of the site to post my 3 best players of the day and to my dismay it wouldn't let me give 5,3 and 1 points to the Falkirk keeper. This is something that should be amended immediately as he was by far our best player today  :003:

:015: :015: :015:

:015:great thread :015:

Who would be a footie supporter :015:

Denzil did make the most impact when he came on, shuffling past defenders with consumate ease, brilliant.

Rankin, until he became a hero was ineffective, but if he can be this ineffective every week, then fine.