FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic fans

dan_ict

Anyone know why they randomly started singing about 20 minutes in ? It wasn't just the green brigade, the whole stadium stared clapping aswell. Just curious

it is generally called supporting the team, trying to back them so they will produce the goods.

Possibly why we have such a bad record at home, the fans wait to be entertained and moan if thingsare going wrong instead of supporting the team.

god knows i have tried but everyone tells you to be quiet you are making too much noise....

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Was chatting to a celtic fan at the end of the game and apparently the green bridgade have been having a feud with the club. Thats who the annoncements to remain seated where meant for. They sat for the first 20 mins so that the didnt get kicked out then all rose as one cos there's nae chance the club would kick them all out.. The rest of the fans applauded cos the green brigade are the only ones who make a noise. Have to say that our caley boys did a great job of singing until the stewards decided to shut them all up.

The noise at the end of the game from all the fans was great tho and i really felt we could have got back into the game :twothumbsup:

Anyone know why they randomly started singing about 20 minutes in ? It wasn't just the green brigade, the whole stadium stared clapping aswell. Just curious

I've noticed it as well. At the 6-0 game a couple of months ago I noticed that at just random periods the whole stadium would clapping nothing in particular. I tried to see if it was for a great pass or a fan favourite warming up or something, but it wasn't - it was a bit bizarre.

stolen from a celtic forum

Yesterday everyone in 111, received letters saying that they had to sit (safety rules - only seem to apply to 111) and that this was their final warning or their books could be cancelled.

Green Brigade drums not allowed today, very very heavy police and steward presence outside 111 with most fans getting full body searches, numerours fans getting details taken etc.

Group had a small display planned that consisted of few message banners saying

REFS DEMANDS?

- RIGHT TO LIE

- RIGHT TO CONSPIRE

- RIGHT TO CONCOCT STORY'S

All knocked back on say so of the club.

Group sat for 20 mins, then started supporting as normal - to a great reception from the rest of the stadium

They were probably embarrassed by the CaleyAwayCrew into making some noise :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

they should come to the home games.

A lot of them do,, but see the last line off your own post and that partially explains the lack of noise at TCS. I also have experienced the sshh brigade

They were probably embarrassed by the CaleyAwayCrew into making some noise :ictscarf: :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

they should come to the home games.

A lot of them do,, but see the last line off your own post and that partially explains the lack of noise at TCS. I also have experienced the sshh brigade

my 6 year old daughter was shouting caley...caley and clapping her hands last week and people around were saying aaawww, look at the wee hen.

she was wondering why everyone else wasn't joining in....

The whole thing about the Dougie McDonald is Celtic fans seem to think they've been discriminated against. Why? What actually happened?

- the referee gave a penalty against Dundee United

- it's been conclusively proved that it wasn't a penalty, so the ref rightfully changed his mind.

So the up shot is that

a. the ref is anti-Dundee United, so was too quick to give a decision against them, or

b. the ref is pro-Celtic and was too quick to give a decision for them, or

c. Celtic fans believe they should be awarded dodgy penalties and, no matter if the ref is proven right not to award one, they should get the decision in favour of the provincial team.

It's Dundee United that should be complaining (and they did) - all Celtic didn't get was a penalty that never was.

• Agree 1

The whole thing about the Dougie McDonald is Celtic fans seem to think they've been discriminated against. Why? What actually happened?

- the referee gave a penalty against Dundee United

- it's been conclusively proved that it wasn't a penalty, so the ref rightfully changed his mind.

So the up shot is that

a. the ref is anti-Dundee United, so was too quick to give a decision against them, or

b. the ref is pro-Celtic and was too quick to give a decision for them, or

c. Celtic fans believe they should be awarded dodgy penalties and, no matter if the ref is proven right not to award one, they should get the decision in favour of the provincial team.

It's Dundee United that should be complaining (and they did) - all Celtic didn't get was a penalty that never was.

The ref lied , how many times has it happened to Caley??? that noone knows about

So why did Lennon challenge the decision then? He knew nothing of any white lies between ref and assistant. He wanted a dubious penalty to stand thinking Celtic should get the decisions. It was Dundee United that had cause to complain about the incident. McDonald gave a penalty against them that should not have been given.

Dougie has to go but there's nothing anti-Celtic about the incident. If anything, anti-DU for giving a dodgy penalty against them.

No he didn't. The ref lied to the refereeing supervisor. He never spoke to Lennon. But it doesn't answer my point. Why did Lennon complain about not getting a penalty that shouldn't have stood? That would have been the wrong decision to keep the penalty. Dundee United were the team that had cause to complain. Nothing anti-Celtic about it.

• Agree 1

No he didn't. The ref lied to the refereeing supervisor. He never spoke to Lennon. But it doesn't answer my point. Why did Lennon complain about not getting a penalty that shouldn't have stood? That would have been the wrong decision to keep the penalty. Dundee United were the team that had cause to complain. Nothing anti-Celtic about it.

is there no newspapers or TV where you stay or do you not read them or listen to the news. He lied to Lennon he even admitted it it was all over the news and papers

I think you need to bone up on refereeing procedures. The referee makes a report to his boss. Lennon then asked for clarification on a couple of points. Hugh Dallas (as was) then clarifies those points from the report. McDonald lied to Dallas about what happened (no doubt to make his referee rating - that happens every game - a bit better). So McDonald lied to Dallas. Dallas then conveyed those lies to Lennon.

All of this is besides the point I was making (as I agree McDonald has to go).

So, here are my questions:

1. Should Celtic have been awarded a penalty when TV evidence says differently?

2. Was the referee correct to change his mind, so the decision was right?

3. Why should Lennon complain about not getting a penalty when the evidence totally vindicates the view that it should never have been awarded (given that he knew nothing of the chat between assistant and referee)?

4. Are referees biased against Celtic?

5. Are referees anti-Catholic?

6. Given that the penalty that-should-not-be was awarded against Dundee United and only changed upon consultation with the linesman, are not Dundee United the more sinned against?

7. Are referees anti-Dundee United then?

I wonder if people are aware that it was Dougie McDonald who sent off Juanjo in 2004 (albeit because of the 4th official)?

And which particular ginger ned was the beneficiary of the decision? Especially as his team went on to gain 3 points even though ICT gave them a decent game with 10 men for over an hour?

And which ginger ned was later challenging ICT fans to 'come ahead' after the game when he went to board the team bus?

And which ginger ned escaped punishment even though Juanjo's card was rescinded?

• Agree 1

I think you need to bone up on refereeing procedures. The referee makes a report to his boss. Lennon then asked for clarification on a couple of points. Hugh Dallas (as was) then clarifies those points from the report. McDonald lied to Dallas about what happened (no doubt to make his referee rating - that happens every game - a bit better). So McDonald lied to Dallas. Dallas then conveyed those lies to Lennon.

All of this is besides the point I was making (as I agree McDonald has to go).

So, here are my questions:

1. Should Celtic have been awarded a penalty when TV evidence says differently?

2. Was the referee correct to change his mind, so the decision was right?

3. Why should Lennon complain about not getting a penalty when the evidence totally vindicates the view that it should never have been awarded (given that he knew nothing of the chat between assistant and referee)?

4. Are referees biased against Celtic?

5. Are referees anti-Catholic?

6. Given that the penalty that-should-not-be was awarded against Dundee United and only changed upon consultation with the linesman, are not Dundee United the more sinned against?

7. Are referees anti-Dundee United then?

Answer to 1-7 - Who gives a toss - CaleyAway :thumbup:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1