FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup 5th round

TopSix

Results have gone well for us last night and tonight. Killie and Hearts are the two best sides in Scotland at the moment IMVHO. Prior to the Hearts / St J game, we were at 20/1. The odds have shortened again tonight and are down to 18/1. In regard to the ugly sisters, I'd prefer to take on celtic than rangers (preferably in the semi final) so I kinda hope the green huns pap the blue ones out. In regard to R5, I'd prefer to come against Morton. With 3rd position in the league looking tricky, a cup run would be immense. Another reason for the club to keep Rooney perhaps....

And the ICT connection has put Brechin through against QoS, Byers and Rory scoring.

Miss ICT, what is noones complaining about?

Before you get superior about anothers punctuation why don't you concentrate on your own grammer, Mannie. Starting a sentence with "and", and in the same post too. It's the linguistic equivelant of polishing a floor and putting a rug on it. Tut tut.

Even after last night?

I would say so. Killie were kicked off the park by Smith's hatchet men - and the ref did SFA about it.

I only watched the first 20 minutes or so myself, in thinking about it judging Killie and Hearts on our second games against both of them this season they're the 2 best teams I've seen this season.

And the ICT connection has put Brechin through against QoS, Byers and Rory scoring.

Miss ICT, what is noones complaining about?

Before you get superior about anothers punctuation why don't you concentrate on your own grammer, Mannie. Starting a sentence with "and", and in the same post too. It's the linguistic equivelant of polishing a floor and putting a rug on it. Tut tut.

I think you will find grammer might well be grammar, but you are the expert, so I'll bow to your obvious superiority. Sort your own rug first. I think you know what I was doing as you are not altogether stupid, but you have a penchant for this, are you on a mission. I get bored easily too.

I get bored easily too.

So you were leaving him to find 'equivelant' for himself :laugh: And 'anothers' , obviously.

Some people were mentioning Foxy on another thread. The last time the cup was this wide open, Hearts beat Gretna in the final. Foxy had a one-on-one with the Partick keeper for 3-1 with 2 mins to go. He shuts his eyes and blooters it straight at the keeper. Partick go straight up the park and equalise from a penalty. We go out in the replay.

Edited by TheMantis
Wanted to start a sentance with 'And' while incorporating an obvious spelling error

This won't be easy but decent draw all the same. Let's hope we get through and get another good draw to get us back to Hampden.

Reason for edit, just being cautious, spelling police all over this thread.

Edited by TSTtiger

This won't be easy but decent draw all the same. Let's hope we get through and get another good draw to get us back to Hampden.

Reason for edit, just being cautious, spelling police all over this thread.

That was my point really, hence the little clip. We all make mistakes, being "superior" is one I'll just have to learn to live with.

"And to think he'd only just come from the hospital". :nanananana:

Back on topic, we won't have a better chance of a good run for a long time now that Killie and Hearts are out and Rangers and Celtic are drawn together. Can we hold onto Rooney though? :ictscarf:

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

Delighted with the draw, no game is ever easy but was great to miss the OF and other SPL teams although I don't fear any of the other ones that are left.

I'm not wanting to think further ahead than R5 but it's difficult not to what with Killie and Hearts out and one of the OF to go, I am also sure that one or two SPL clubs will fall during their R4 replays.

Gotta hand it to Pull My F...r for taking on the sage, old warhorse Mannie the man.

Extricated himself rather well I think --the lad has spirit.

Mantis, thou doth have a sharp eye--many years as a teacher I suppose sharpens the wits, lessens the fits and gathers the bitsand sorts out the twits--all presnet company excluded of course. :sarcastic:

as much as i hate to say it adams is the perfect man for the job at hib look at how he took county back ito the first dividion and got them to the scottish cup final.

so is probably the perfect man to turn hibs around other than mourihno%0

Edited by ICTBTTH

as much as i hate to say it adams is the perfect man for the job at hib look at how he took county back ito the first dividion and got them to the scottish cup final.

so is probably the perfect man to turn hibs around other than mourihno

Adams took over the only full time team in SFL2 whilst they were at the top end of the table, possibly even top, and got them promoted. That was the bare minimum he should have done. Aside from the Cup run County have been well down the league apart from maybe one 5th placed finish last season. Even this season, when he left, they were about 8th and this was despite big investment in getting players in to the club. Yes the Cup run has been fantastic for them but overall they haven't really moved forward in terms of where they are in the league.

• Agree 1