FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Where do you think ICT sits?

SMEE

I got to thinking about one of my pointless questions. But, i was just interested to see where you think ICTs natural level is. Do you think we are pucnching above our weight...and are most at home in Div One, or are we underacheivers who Should be Top 6 regularly. Where do you see ICTs overall position in Scottishffotball.

Personally. I think we SHOULD be viewed as an SPL team...but i see us probably as a bottom 4 SPL team

i think we have been a bottom six team for long enough with the exception of that season in division 1 where we proved we shouldnt be there.

i think we should be looking upperwards pushing for top 6 every season

and that brings us to this season an unbelievable wealth of talent in our squad imo we are a top 6 team GOING FORWARD! defensive injuries, suspensions and lack of centre backs has cost us this season but the ramblings from the boys on twitter is we are still aiming for top 6 this year and they believe we are gonna get there

The way things are with Scottish Football at the moment we are a bottom 10 team....along with everyone else outside the OF.

You could probably include half of Div 1 in that group as well.

Whilst I would like to think we should be finishing half way up that list (of 10) most seasons, there's simply not enough stability within the game to make any kind of logical analysis of where we could or should be at any given time or in any given season.

You could almost say that there's a four variable equation to quantify success among Scottish football clubs.

Success = Available funding + Relative disadvantage dependent on distance from the Central Belt +/- The effectiveness of the management team +/- The luck factor.

However the Available Funding variable also includes components, which only apply to the Old Firm though, to account for the money a club gains as a result of attracting Gloryhunters and from being a focus for the West Central Scotland Sectarian problem. Outwith the Old Firm, these components = 0.

For a number of reasons, ICT is not a substantially funded club. It is also significantly disadvantaged by location since that makes it more difficult and expensive to attract personnel.

As a result, ICT looks fundamentally to me like a club whose natural place is bottom three in the SPL. However, historically it has done better than that for much of the time since 2004 thanks often to good management and AT TIMES to a bit of luck although it's difficult to see the "luck" term in the equation having anything other than a negative value this season!

Depends how you gauge it .....

In my mind, ICT should marginally be a bottom 6 team based on the idea that level of support, and its potential for growth dictates the relative size of the club and the money it can offer to players etc.

Obviously, Rangers/Celtic are (or should be) somewhat in a league of their own based on the sheer quantities of the support and the monies they have been able to generate in the past, not to mention the huge lions share of SPL monies they continue to demand. The fact that many teams are now competing with them on the park on a weekly basis shows they in particular amongst the SPL are heavily underperforming and part of that in my mind is because of the fact that in world football terms, they have gone from being big name powers to something akin to smaller teams we used to laugh at when we read them in a Euro draw. when players will sign for lower league English teams rather than the likes of the OF then you know Scottish football is at the bottom of the barrel !

The obvious choice for the next 4 in the SPL are Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts and Hibs and I base this on potential alone. Each and every one of them has been or is underperforming and not fulfilling the potential that their level of support has previously allowed. Aberdeen have been garbage for years, Dundee Utd have actually shown a bit of life in the more recent past, and Hibs are also not the team they once were. Hearts - well, who knows what will happen to them in the near future.

Of the rest - Motherwell, Killie, St Mirren, Dunfermline, and St Johnstone - we have nothing to fear from any of them, and I would say we have grown - in our short lifespan so far - to be on a par with most of them in terms of potential and size. Any given season, one or more of these could perform well and replace my "other 4" in the top six, and equally, they could perform badly and be rooted to the bottom !

The interesting thing for me is SFL1 .... Look in that league and with the exception of one or two teams, most were in the top league for a while, and most would maybe have a bigger support (or potential for it) than ICT. .... County are doing well but have never been in the top flight. Fair play to them and good luck, but also look at the others .. Falkirk, Dundee, Partick, Livi, Hamilton ... all chasing the leaders and all of them in the top league in recent years ... Morton, Raith, QOS and Ayr are no slouches either.

Personally, I think a top 18 league would be quite competitive (OF aside) as there is little to choose from the bottom 10 in the SPL right now and the top 6 in SFL1 !!!!!

SPL, bottom 6 and skirting with relegation most seasons.

The sad fact is that at 3pm this coming Saturday we need to think about scoring 3 goals because based on this season's performance we will shed at least 2 goals.

How much stoppage time do you expect there to be!? :nanananana:

Enough forr aberdeen to score the winner and Paw Broon to hug the linesman...oh no wait we did that one a couple of seasons ago

SPL, bottom 6 and skirting with relegation most seasons.

The sad fact is that at 3pm this coming Saturday we need to think about scoring 3 goals because based on this season's performance we will shed at least 2 goals.

I hope to feck that by 3pm on saturday we are 45 mins into celebrating a victory and not thinking about scoring anything..........unless it wears a skirt of course.

Where do ICT sit, by the Firth next to a bridge.

We are a frequent top 8 team and theres no law that says we cant do as well as Motherwell or ST Johnstone. I would say there must be a lot of pressure on the likes of Aberdeen,Hearts and Hibs as you would expect far more from clubs of their stature and size.

I would hope that ICT will park its erse firmly in the middle of the SPL - in a position where we move away promptly from the relegation mire and are in a position to regularly challenge for a Top Six place. Before I go to meet my maker - which of course could be still hundreds of years ahead - I would like to park my ample posterior at Hampden Park on a Cup Final day and sit on a seat in a foreign land watching ICT play in a recognised European Cup game - whatever the feckin level.

Feck me forgot it was feckin Crimbo.

Dear Santa,

Remember me - I am yon wee Scottish Elf professional.

I would like ICT to park its bottome firmly in the middle of the SPL - in a position where we move away promptly from the relegation mire and are in a position to regularly challenge for a Top Six place. Before I go to meet my maker - which of course could be still hundreds of years ahead - I would like to park my ample posterior at Hampden Park on a Cup Final day and sit on a seat in a foreign land watching ICT play in a recognised European Cup game - whatever the level.

Yours in anticipation,

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

• Agree 2