FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rossco over the top

forresjags

Always thought Tokely was a legend ,but his wild lunge in front of the main stand today on the Motherwell lad was well over the top and was lucky it never did the player more serious damage.

Committment and aggression is great but only when its controlled.

Come on Rossco get your form back.

Atrocious tackle - should have been red carded.

Pretty appalled by some of our supporters chanting his name after the event. his tackle was a cause for shame not celebration.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Have to agree with Davie but then again it's not as if Tokely has a rep for that type of tackle, it may have been through frustration that he committed the foul, Tokely is a hoofer with maybe not the greatest skills but he is a player who has served us well over the years and  there hasn't been many occasions when he has deliberately fouled a player.

Tokley is a player playing out of his league and as a result he struggles most weeks.

It is great when he puts on a good display but alas they are not frequent this season.

He has no pace but instead has to use his height and bulk and when a tackle is mistimed it could be considered dangerous.

funny how the guy he tackled came to the sidelines and straight back onto the pitch and played the rest of the game no problem tackle was right in front of where i was sitting he made the most of it a foul no more no less both were commited to win the ball

There was an incident just before that, can't remember what (maybe it was Skippy diving, my ageing braincells are letting me down). Seemed like that got Rossco steamed up. I shuddered when I saw it, I think he was lucky it was a home game or the ref would have pandered to the fans and sent him off. I think the tackle on Chris Kerr at St Midden was less serious than that.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

"Tokley is a player playing out of his league and as a result he struggles most weeks. "

Don't agree with that. It wasn't long ago he was one of our best players. Back in our first season in the SPL he was outstanding. You half expected him to be pinched by a bigger club. In fact I think I remember him being linked with Hearts when they had Robbo in charge. His game has slipped since then. He doesn't get up and down the wing very often anymore - and I can't remeber the last time he did one of those shuffles. You know, the one where he drags the ball with the inside of his right foot and then drags it the other way with the inside of his left foot? It used to work every time.  :024:

He should be made to train with Hastings, if he got half as fit as him he'd be a player again.