FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Killie

Esson

Tudur-Jones

Peirmayr - Golobart - Gillet - G.Shinnie

Gnapka - Tansey - Foran

Sutherland - Winnall

Time to shut up shop, so Tudur-Jones comes in as the libre sweeper position, with Golobart and Gillet on marking duty. Piermayr and Shinnie are the two most mobile of our full-backs. Tade needs some time out, so Winnall gets his chance.

Quite easy to alter this team, if we look like winning. However, stopping the goal deluge must come first. This is the team to do it.

• Agree 1

esson

Meekings Williams Golobart Gillet

Proctor Tudor Jones Foran G.Shinnie

Sutherland Tade

Keep it tight at the back and hope to get something on the break with the 2 big boys up front.

Ditch the 4 2 3 1 as half the players dont seem to be involved...... Tansey, has he touched the ball this season?

Esson

Meekings, Golobart, Tokely, Gillet

Gnakpa, Jones, Foran, Hayes

Tade, Winnall

Subs: Tuffey, Piermayr, Williams, G Shinnie, Tansey, Sutherland, Ross

A switch to a back three surely can't be any worse, and may give more cover, particularly as Kilmarnock are quite an attack-minded team -

Esson

Tokely Golobart Williams

Gnapka Tansey Jones Foran Gillet

Tade McKay

Subs - Tuffey, Piermayr, G.Shinnie, Sutherland, Ross, Winnall, Meekings

A switch to a back three surely can't be any worse, and may give more cover, particularly as Kilmarnock are quite an attack-minded team -

Esson

Tokely Golobart Williams

Gnapka Tansey Jones Foran Gillet

Tade McKay

Subs - Tuffey, Piermayr, G.Shinnie, Sutherland, Ross, Winnall, Meekings

The difficulty with a back three is that it has traditionally been the 3-5-2 formation and that formation can result in either your defenders being exposed in wide areas if the wing-backs push on or your wing-backs being pushed back, leaving you hemmed in a 5-3-2, outnumbered in midfield with no width going forward. Also, I don't think the two players you have picked as right and left wing backs are particularly suited to the role, Gnakpa being more of an attacking player and Gillet being more defensive. As well as that, I don't think our midfield are particularly suited to the covering that would be required, although we showed (especially at the second goal) last night that covering runs isn't great no matter if it's four or three at the back.

I'm not sure that radically altering formations etc is what's required to get us out of the funk that we have sunk into over the last few weeks. Last night we simply lacked quality going forward, every time we attacked we weren't dynamic enough and lacked pace. Nick Ross was in a pivotal role but simply didn't do anything, he was anonymous and had no snap to his play. We need to have players further up the park, willing to pick the ball up, move it quickly and make themselves available and we just don't seem to have that at the moment, every time we do anything it takes too long, we don't have proper options and things break down.

Hopefully Hayes is back fit as he is clearly our best attacking player and main threat. Aside from that, I'd prefer to see Tade play through the middle and Jones getting a chance in midfield.

• Agree 2

I think Gillet has been best at centre-half this season. We've looked most solid with him and Golobart in the middle.

I've only seen Gnakpa a couple of times but I wouldn't want him at right back. It was bad enough watching him take five or six touches in United's box last night, I can't even think about him doing it in our box.

• Agree 1

Tuffey

Meekings Williams Tokely Gillet

Shinnie

Jones Hayes

Gnapka

Tade Winnall

Play Kilmarnock at their own game and try and match their attacking intentions. No place for Foran and McKay at all and as Gringo said, starts for Tuffey towards the end of the season.